Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Obsidian Scythe Class Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM685xR.jpg

rl7Gff.gif

• Intent: To create a frigate for use by the Knights Obsidian on long term missions, or as personal transports.
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
rl7b1z.gif

[*]Model: Obsidian Scythe
[*]
Production: Semi-Unique

[*]Material: Impurvium Hull, Durasteel Frame, Transparisteel Windows, Isotope-5 Core, Cloaking Device, Nightshadow Coating, WhisperThrust Engine
rl7u4x.gif

• Classification: Frigate
  • Length: 500 meters
  • Width: 100 meters
  • Height: 100 meters
  • Armament: Moderate
  • Defenses: Moderate
  • Hangar Space:
    500 Meters: Low: 2

[*]Hangar Allocations:
  • Starfighters: 1 squadron
  • Support Craft: 1 squadron

[*]Maneuverability Rating: High
[*]Speed Rating: High
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Very Fast
rl75On.gif

• All Standard Features

• Deflector Shield
  • Impurvium Hull
  • WhisperThrust Engines
  • Anti-Fighter Turrets
  • Missile Launch Tubes (x4)
  • Turbolaser Turrets
  • Cloaking Field (Stygium Model)
  • Knights Obisidan Archive Access Terminal
  • Quantum Entanglement Connection to Knights Obsidian Archives Geonosis
  • Meditation Chamber
  • Training Room
    Duel Training Bot
  • Blaster Deflection training Probes

[*]Combat Information Center
[*]Observation Deck
[*]Private cabins for up to 20 passengers
[*]Hanger Module below main module
[*]Medbay
[*]Improved Sensor Suite
rl7SKs.gif

• Firing Arc: The Scythe-class has an impressive forward firing arc allowing for most of its weapons to be fired simultaneously.
  • Hyperdrive: The Scythe-class is intended to serve as a mobile command center for Knights Obsidian Operatives, and as such has been fitted with the best in Hyperdrive technology, allowing the ships to be anywhere in the galaxy in record time.
  • Cloaking Device: The Scythe-class is equipped with a stygium cloaking device
  • Improved Sensor Suite: The Scythe-class's improved sensor suite means little can hide from its curious eyes
rl7ALN.gif

• Aft Ring: The Engine Ring limits the rear firing arc
  • Limited Room: The Hanger only has space for a single support craft, and twelve small support fighters.
  • Crystal Field Grav Traps: All the stealth tech in the world won't save you from one of those.
  • Low and Slow: The Ship must travel at a relatively low speed while in stealth mode, or risk creating a sensor signature big enough to be detected.
rlz7dQ.gif

Originally designed as a replacement for Voph's aging ship, Arcane Scion, the Obisidian Scythe-class frigates were impressive enough to attract the attention of the Knights Obsidian. Given that the Obsidian did not have any ships of their own, a deal was brokered to give the order their first mobile command centers. Developed by both Vylmiran Technological Industries and Locke and Key Mechanics, the Obsidian Scythe-class ships are part warship, part scout, part command ship. While not the best at any one aspect, they are formidable opponents in small ship warfare, featuring a squadron of snubfighters to aid in the defense of their mother vessel.

[member="Voph"],

Hey there. Nicely done ship, and I really like the image. Reminds me of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird, only this is more futuristic. Anyways, just a little look, and i'd like to recommend some weaknesses to you, and maybe add to it as well.

Weaknesses:
  1. Since the ship is much faster, and uses stealth tech, moving at higher speeds typically makes it easier for ships to triangulate you the faster you are moving.
  2. Since you don't have any other kind of stealth tech other than the visible spectrum with the generator, and maybe some sensors, Maybe sensors that are specifically meant to fight through stealth tech, or possibly if they have other sensors like heat, from the engines, or othersuch can still find it.
Additions:
  1. Nightshadow is used on a bunch of ships to help prevent the scanning of sensors. This could be very useful here. (Its an open textile so you do not need to list any companies for this other than your own)
  2. WhisperThrust Egnine designed tech can allow this ship when at slower speeds be able to cover up vapor trails or even prevent the ship being found by "waves" on sensor based technologies.
I am not sure if you want to use any of these or not but they could be helpful additions.

Finally, Your ratings are a little more than what I am comfortable with. So if you could lower your overall rating by two points, I would more easily pass this off.

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

I was of the impression, per the Wiki page HERE that standard canon Cloaking devices were able to cloak a ship across all spectrums. Is there an overriding piece of evidence that would make the wookieepedia page outdated?

[member="Voph"],

Using the Legends Link of the same Cloaking device, it has much more information on Stealth technologies. Namely that those who used Crystal Gravfield Traps could still pick you up on sensors, Those strong enough in the force could still sense you, with even the more rudimentary items such as Force Sight or a host of various Life sense, Field Detection, and the like.

However, you are correct, while most sensory tech could be rendered nearly/if not completely useless in finding a cloaked ship, there are still smaller things that you can use, or more exotic avenues in which stealth ships could be found. One of which is vapor trails which is much akin to a boat sailing through the water. While you may not be able to see the boat at all, you can for sure see the waves that it leaves, or the displacement in the water. HOWEVER that requires special technology, as well as the technical know how, and these sensors can fail due to having false readings that can be interrupted by gravitational fields, or be sensing the wake of space debris.

Again, my previous post were just recommendations so you can take my word worth a grain of salt. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom