Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oasis Briefly

Jsc

Disney's Princess
West Knight City Starport
Coruscant

West Knight City was a modern shipping metropolitan resort located on the water's edge of the Agamemnon Sea. An artificial reservoir designed to mimic the white sand's beach front of more tropical locations. It was as glamorous as it was extravagant. Attracting some of the wealthiest patrons from all over Galactic Center for a holographically beautiful getaway. An island oasis far, far away from the white clouds of the silver city. Her oasis briefly.

Doctor Kat Rivers of the Denon Academy of Science had just stepped out from her car and ruffled her long brown hair. Smiling at the luxurious surroundings and perfectly swept streets of the West Knight Ocean Club. Her hotel for the weekend. Her eye in the storm. She closed her car door and handed the young valet her keys. Of course. He'd park it for her. Service like none other. The beginning of the perfect getaway and a welcome change from Denon's city skyline.

Ah, but a work getaway. I should say.

Doctor Rivers was scheduled to meet an entourage of NJO associates later this afternoon just across the parkway at the WKC Starport. The local police garrison had requested Jedi assistance in their latest smuggling investigation. And while Rivers was not a Jedi Marshall herself? Master Kappa had seen to it that Rivers name was on the list of arriving associates anyway. Perks of having friends in all the right places.

[member="Kirill"] would no doubt be among the NJO in attendence. Though, Kat doubted that their numbers would much larger than four in total. Coruscant was a high priority mission for the GA after it's liberation, yes. However. The dominions and political conferences continued all across the Core Worlds now. As such, the NJO's small numbers would always find themselves split. In light of such diverse priorities. Mm. This would probably become a mission for Padawans.

Ah well,

"Good morning. Kat Rivers. Room 201. Checking in."

The sights and sounds of a luxury resort returned to her now. Ahhhh. Yes. She could smell that hibachi grill streak already. Mmm. Yum. This was going to be a very lovely day.

Kirill looked out of place aboard a public transportation, a jedi cramped shoulder to shoulder with a nursing human female that had produced an irritating offspring that could not be satisfied with anything. The agitated look upon the cathar's face was not just due to his current transportation, but more to the origins of why he was on a public bus. He didn't need precognition to hear the disappointment that his master will have once he figured out that Kirill got the speeder impounded by Corusanti Police. Some none sense about excessive speeding and operating a speeder without a license. Back home, they didn't need a license.

The padawan closed his eyes and began to take deep breaths, putting himself in the first steps of empty meditation. He need to cleanse himself of negative emotions and find inner peace and balance. Kirill would listen and concentrate on his breathing and the rhythmic beat of his heart that drowned out all his thoughts and worries. Repetition, over and over till his head was empty. Well, that was till the insolent child to his left had tossed a hard toy at the large cat's face. The impact knocked him out of his trend. He slowly looked down, to see a plastic figure of sort laying in his lap and the child gleaning with excitement with his accomplishment.

" So sorry sir!" The woman apologized and quickly snagged the toy for the child.

"It alrrright, niet harrrm done!" Krill responded before trying to slip back into his meditation. Redoing the steps over and over till he found emptiness.

Wasn't long before he had arrived at the West City Starport. The task at hand was to meet up with Dr Kat Rivers and Local Law Enforcement officers who had asked the NJO and Associate to help with their investigation into a smuggling operation. Kirill exited the transport and looked around, giving of a slight huff in disappointment. The serene beauty that he heard so much about was all artificial, fake and uncomparable to the natural beauty of home. The cathar was slightly home sick, he had spent his entire life on Cathar, roaming free in the rolling grass of the savanna.

[member="Kat Rivers"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Soon the time had come to make introductions.

Arriving by car to the WKC Starport, Kat disembarked in the underground parking lot. Slowly making her way to Terminal One and hopefully, [member="Kirill"] and the rest of the NJO. She was dressed now for the mission. Her dark bodyglove tugged at her neck as she readjusted her Gem's Coat. A red shearling fur jacket of exotic craftsmanship. An ensemble that prepared the independent Adept for both battle and, exploration.

Just the way she liked it.

Her lightsabers remained in her coat pocket as the sliding doors opened to the starport. Nearer the security lines was the Police investigator himself. A short human man with a white beard and dark narrow eyes. His name was Chen. Inspector Chen of Dryport, to be exact. He'd never been to West Knight and it showed in his drab tan clothing. Chen obviously had never been on vacation before. As, he seemed quite the sour puss when Kat arrived for introductions.

"Inspector Chen?"

"Indeed. Doctor Rivers I presume."

"Exactly. How do you do. Thank you for having me."

"Mm. We'll see... Now. Where are the real Jedi? I can't believe they'd actually be late."

"Oh? I'm sure they'll be here any minute. ...Erm... Aren't we a bit early too?"

"Fah! Late. Early. Who cares. The sooner we're done here the sooner I can get back to my own jurisdiction. Like you Doctor Rivers, I'm on loan."

"Oh. I see. ...Well. I'm sure 'the real Jedi', will be along shortly."

She frowned and whisked her brown hair aside.

Hmpf. Real Jedi. What a sour puss indeed.

"...Oh!? Look there Inspector. I do believe that Lion is for us. Hehe."

[member="Kirill"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom