Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OA Transportation Device Mark Ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A device which can be combined with various types of armor to teleport troops into battle.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: Transport Chamber
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Transmitter (chamber device): The device for the user, needs a strong energy source, for example integrated in a strong enough power armor, the transmitter hulls the individual in an artificial chamber in which the user disappears.
  • Receiver (exit device): A device like a beacon, needs to be activated to work and be able to receive the call of the transmitter, then creating a path from the transmitter to the receiver. It requires a strong power supply as well like a battery or running engine which gives enough power. Once the transmitter is activated and the receiver gets the signal, at the receiver location another artificial chamber is created out of which the user can step.
STRENGTHS
  • Teleport! If set up, it allows the transportation of individuals or even small units from place A to B without any difficulties and a lot of time needed.
WEAKNESSES
  • Two Factor Authentification: It requires a homing beacon to be set up to be used, otherwise it is useless and cannot be used by the teleporting units.
  • Limited space: The Receiver only allows for a small radius around it to be used as exit point and therefore a single unit cannot receive a large amount of individuals at once.
  • Shields: If around the receiver module is a shield generator, the transporter does not work, the users would be smashed against the shield and die.
  • Range: Both the devices loose efficiency quite fast once they are further apart than two-hundred kilometers and transmitting matter becomes highly dangerous.
  • Announcement: There is a time of 'announcement' before the users actually appear on the receiving end, a light tube appearing.
DESCRIPTION
Through the combined efforts of all departments of Macharian Industries, the Forgelords and scientists have worked for a long time on the creation of a subspace transportation device. Designed to be specifically used for the Legions favourite deployment, the speartip, it was meant to send the more elite units into the battle without fearing any loss of them. The range was plenty to be used from a geo-synchron orbit or even to be used for boarding. It requires a receiver to be placed and activated, usually powered by a strong battery pack carried or if connected to a nearby tank or other vehicle.

The device creates a subspace path between the two devices to walk between the two without major time-loss. It uses a majority of the power of the connected power armor in the moment and to reduce the surface, the users are kneeling and it requires several moments to charge and then scan the individual, the same amount of time is needed on the receiving point. A tube of light forms around the user, the artificial chamber, before it makes the user disappear and re-appear in a similar tube near the receiver beacon.

vandemarsigil3a.png

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

Hello, this is an interesting way to use the technology first off. Now lets get to it.

Major problems that scream are use, transporters are difficult to pass because of abuse potential and having it built into armor so one person can just disappear is always a danger.

If you want to make a transport chamber that can be deployed onto a battlefield that is fine. A fun way to do it but it would be double edged. Building it into armor is going to require the armor sub itself added into the sub to be balanced.

The power source is also an issue, the few who have created transportation technologies have had to develop signifigantly powerful technologies for the power requirements. Since this is using what seems to be ship and vehicle power systems how long can it function when activated and what will happen if the power is disrupted?

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
having it built into armor so one person can just disappear is always a danger.

It still requires the receiver to be present any time to go to a place. Furthermore it takes valuable seconds in which you cannot move, so depending on the danger, you are defenseless for several seconds.

Building it into armor is going to require the armor sub itself added into the sub to be balanced.
The armors are all subbed and approved, so that should be no issue at all. How should I do it to include it in all the armors, different subs or can I make a table with the different properties for each of the armors which use it?

The power source is also an issue, the few who have created transportation technologies have had to develop signifigantly powerful technologies for the power requirements.
The armors are all power armors with a strong power output in form of a micro-fusion reactor. There is no sub for it. Is that enough/sufficient or should I do another sub for a reactor?

Since this is using what seems to be ship and vehicle power systems how long can it function when activated and what will happen if the power is disrupted?
Can you elaborate on the question? I am not sure if I am 100% sure what you mean. ^^

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

It still requires the receiver to be present any time to go to a place. Furthermore it takes valuable seconds in which you cannot move, so depending on the danger, you are defenseless for several seconds.

With time being fluid you can easily pass those seconds in a single sentence of a post. The receiver would already be in place and with its range this could be used for running explosives, set them and teleport out then rinse and repeat.

The armors are all subbed and approved, so that should be no issue at all. How should I do it to include it in all the armors, different subs or can I make a table with the different properties for each of the armors which use it?

Submission modification requests

If need be.

Can you elaborate on the question? I am not sure if I am 100% sure what you mean.

If the power creating the connection between the two points is disrupted what happens to the ones mid transport.

With time being fluid you can easily pass those seconds in a single sentence of a post. The receiver would already be in place and with its range this could be used for running explosives, set them and teleport out then rinse and repeat.
Mhmm I understand. I would like to say "that would be bad sportsmanship and not supporting the storytelling", but that is not a real assurance that nobody would ever do it.

What if the receiver needs to be powered up, taking several minutes. Thats Option A.

Option B I had in mind is removing the receiver and doing it seemingly like Zornaks chamber, there is a teleporter support device on a ship and its needs a good amount of time to power up with the users there already, it connects with the armors and does it tech-magic thingy to beam them down. It would require time to prepare and do it.

Fair. :)

If the power creating the connection between the two points is disrupted what happens to the ones mid transport.
Option A - they get lost, die, no second thought on that. If you send disassembled matter to a receiver and the receiver who puts it together is gone, nothing will be assembled.

Option B - doesn´t have this problem.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

Sorry for the delay, I was clarifying some things with John Locke John Locke and the other judges.

This sub is highly ambitious but screams abuse. With is limits being determined largely by the one using it. THe ability to move time within the post so the delay and build up becomes a non factor as well as the damage being determined so by the time the attack reaches them... They have already last moment transported away back to a safe location. I have tried to think of a good way to balance the sub but there really isn't without fundamentally altering all of it.

I am denying it and you are free to second chance it but I would recommend scaling it back heavily as transportation chambers can be fine but they are stationary with limitations to their uses for a reason when made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom