Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Numbed Grip

Kahlil_Div2.png

The Halls of Healing.

It was actually his first time wandering through it on his own. For a couple reasons, he often tended to his own wounds on the Bastion. First and foremost had always been the mark that was once on his back. Thankfully, that mark was now gone. Just a scar, among all the rest. Now, though, the wound he had wasn't something he could handle on his own. And he did try, much to a lecture he got from Valery Noble Valery Noble . He always talked about relying on one another as Jedi. Time he actually did it himself.

He wandered to the reception area, giving a simple smile.

"I uh, need to make an appointment?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

ryan-woodhouse-drawntothenorth-atrium-cylindermesh-present-1b.jpg

The Halls of Healing
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

The Halls seemed to have quieted down some, after the initial wave of activity that followed Exegol; Something that happened after just about every major battle. Most casualties had been cleared to leave since then, and the more serious cases were already set up with rooms to themselves. A handful of visitors were spread across the lobby, filling out forms, talking to healers and medical droids, or simply waiting to visit a bedridden friend.

At the reception desk, a humanoid droid spun around to greet the new arrival, "Hello!" He spoke in an unwaveringly cheery tone, and his face wasn't so much metal as it was a digital screen, on which a simple smiling face formed, "Welcome to the Halls of Healing! I would be happy to help you get appointed! If you would just please fill out-" The droid had raised a datapad, when a hand reached out from behind the lower it.

"I'll take care of it, EmTee. Can you go watch the port for me? We're supposed to be getting a transfer in from Galactic City Med at some point."

EmTee looked between Kahlil, and the newly arrived Amani, before bowing and taking his leave, "Of course, Chief Healer! I would be happy too!" He trotted off with an enthusiasm in his step that matched his voice.

Amani raised her brows, and smiled, "Sorry. EmTee is lovable, but he can be… a lot, at first," She chuckled, "So ah, what's up, Kahlil? I…" The healer scanned him up and down, "…Have a few guesses, but," She left it open for him to speak.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

A droid with a screen face?

Kahlil raised a brow. It was different, but.. Maybe it wasn't that bad? It seemed friendly enough. And he could see Vera fawning over the different.. Emoji? He honestly wasn't sure if that was the word, but yeah. He could see Vera fawning over it.

Not that he was going to. Especially once Amani stepped into the picture. The brow continued to raise at the name. As the droid slipped off, he let out just a little chuckle.

"Emtee? As in, EMT? Clever."

Then he turned his gaze back. Laughed, nervously this time. "Valery doesn't like me being down an arm. I don't either. Just wanted to see if there was anything you could do for it. And the eye. Darkside corruption isn't the kind of thing my Bacta tank can handle."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

“That’s right,” Amani chuckled and nodded. She picked up the datapad EmTee had set down, and began filling in preliminary info as Kahlil spoke. When he mentioned Darkside corruption, the healer furrowed her brow, and studied him more intently, “I would say so…”

She walked around the desk and gestured for him to follow her into one of the exam rooms, “Tell me your side of things here. What exactly happened?” The corruption most importantly, but hearing whatever details he could spare on his other injuries would better information treatment as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Midbattle with Kyrel he tried to devour my soul. And rather than resist it I sort of used it to rip the souls of Panatha from him and free them."

That was the simplification he could come up with. An advantage of knowing how the Darkside worked made it easier for him to be so nonchalant about soul devouring and freeing spirits. He followed to the exam room, carefully slipping his arm from the sling he'd been resting it in. Life had been drained from it, sure enough. It looked withered, somewhere between still being a living part of his body and not.

"So.. What do ya think? Blast it with some Light or something? I'm really not much of a doctor on this stuff."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Midbattle with Kyrel he tried to devour my soul. And rather than resist it I sort of used it to rip the souls of Panatha from him and free them."

Amani nodded with a sense of droll humor crossing her mind. Casual discussions about having one's soul nearly devoured were not exactly common, but more likely for Jedi than most other career paths. She stepped closer and examined the tissue of his arm, which looked on somehow on the verge of living and necrotic. "Probably, yeah. A bit of Force Light, a bit of Force Healing, and we'll probably be able to get you out of here as good as new. Mostly good as new." Amani smirked.

"What about the eye. Same story?" She then reached down and touched his arm, "Does this hurt at all?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Same story, yeah. Turns out inviting corruption wreaks havoc."

He pulled off the eyepatch, and sure enough, it was an almost rotted out completely. Not a pretty sight in the slightest, hence the eyepatch. "No. Don't really feel anything with it, actually. Kind've reminds me of when I lost my arms outright. .. Oh, yeah, this isn't my original. Carnifex thought it'd be nice to reattach a pair of.. Cloned? Cloned and crafted, I think, arms after my sister removed them. He's very big on keeping organic limbs for the Force."

Kahlil shrugged.

".. How are you? After Exegol, I mean."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani winced at the sight of his rotted eye, but found herself more curious about his story regarding his 'original' arms, "Really?" She almost found a wry smirk at the thought, "Well… you're not the only one," The healer pointed at her left arm with her eyes, and shrugged the shoulder. It too was a cloned arm, And it too was made by Sith. She began by doing some basic healing on the limb, just to see if and how it would react before applying the more heavy duty Light.

".. How are you? After Exegol, I mean."

Amani froze for a moment, and sighed before continuing, "…Fine, I guess. I'm just glad it's over," Her mouth hung open, as if there were more to say, "…I dunno. I just find myself thinking about all the… what could have been's, or whatever. I figured moving on would come easier."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Ah, you too."

He'd chuckle if it wasn't something more serious than it was. Loosing a limb was bad enough. Having it reattached by Sith was a different thing all together. Now he was just left wondering what sort of background the Chief Healer had.

"Moving on and letting go. Jedi are supposed to be the embodiment of such ideals. But we're more human than people give credit for." Kahlil paused, glancing to his fellow alien before actually chuckling.

"Well, you know what I mean."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"It's a long story," Amani said dryly. The healer didn't seem to still be troubled about it, but she spoke no more on the matter unless otherwise prompted

Amani stifled a chuckle of her own, "Right. It's just… a heavy weight. I don't think purging Exegol was the wrong choice, but, it's still a lot to reconcile, y'know?" She shrugged, unsure of how to put the full extent of her thoughts into words, "What about you?"

She focused for a moment, channeling a font of light into her palm and releasing it onto his arm, "This might sting a little, by the way," Effects tended to fluctuate depending on the inflicted darkness. Some felt pain, others didn't.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It was.. I'm not sure. I like to think that, yes, it's what ended the war. But they, the Maw, only killed themselves after it. We went to purge the Dark from Exegol and perhaps give it a chance to be healed in the Light, but they destroyed it. .. A whole planet, even if it was inhospitable and full of only those who wanted everyone dead and fought to kill, shouldn't just disappear."

Whether it stung or not, he didn't seem to notice. Or react. Pain was something he'd long come to terms with under his upbringing. Mostly. There was a slight flinch as feeling did return. Not as used to pain as he thought, it seemed.

".. Well, feeling a sting is better than not feeling at all, I guess."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"They just further proved the need for their own destruction, in the end," If the Maw couldn't have Exegol, they decided no one should. One last spiteful act of violence and suffering before they were truly beaten.

Amani sapped away the dark energy that had trapped itself in Kahlil's arm. Rays of light shone down on the limb, causing the necrosis to retreat into nonexistence as it passed. Once she had finished that, she applied more healing energy into the limb to supplement any vitality that might have been lost while it was corrupted. "I guess," She echoed.

"Got any idea what you want to do now? Now that the war is over?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Slowly but surely, life started to return to the arm. He slowly flexed his fingers, smiling just a bit at the fact he could. Not that the smile remained long at the question. His expression again softened, replace with melancholy.

"The wars not over. With the Maw, yes, but the Sith are always out there, waiting and very willing to strike. For our children, for the Padawan's of this order, civilians, it's done. They deserve the break and the peace while it lasts. But as council, I suppose it's our burden to be prepared, isn't it?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"I suppose so," Amani shrugged disappointedly, "But there's more to do than just fighting a war now. There's people that need help. Humanitarian efforts," Based on how she spoke, she already had some particular ideas in mind, "Those people deserve peace more than anyone. Now it's our job to clean it up."

Next, Amani raised her palm towards Kahlil's eye, and began to gently apply the healing energy of the light one more, "Just tell me if something doesn't feel right." She was a bit more nervous about the eye than the arm, but given the success with the latter, perhaps they would get through the procedure issue-free.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's.. Very true. I hadn't thought much about that." The disadvantage of having a family of Sith meant always focusing on that. The Jedi couldn't be everywhere and stop everything, but if they didn't help those the War was fought to save, what was the point? He didn't flinch as the light started to mend over his eye. Slowly but surely the rotted orb would return to a not rotted eye. Though, unlike his arm, it seemed the Light couldn't restore it's function.

"Humanitarian efforts would be good. Especially for the Padawans. They need to see it's not all war and fights."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Let's hope we can give that to them, then. I know Jasper has some plans of his own— As do I," Amani said knowingly. She stopped her efforts for a moment to check the eye; Unsatisfied, she tried a bit more, "For a lot of these padawans, the war has been a part of their entire lives here. I can't help but wonder how they'll react to a lack thereof." She had already started to see some of it. The end was to be celebrated no doubt, but many came across as listless. Directionless.

Amani checked the eye again, and frowned, "Are you… seeing anything from this one?" She waggled her finger in front of it, then pulled out an actual flashlight, finding little to no reaction from the pupil towards changes in brightness.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The same as soldiers do. Some will be fine, some will be relieved. Others will be lost. And some won't be able to move on." And those were the ones he was most worried about. What could a warrior do if there was no war? Too many had been raised as such just out of necessity to survive. Then, he frowned. See from his eye, huh? He shook his head, letting his gaze shift around as if that'd somehow let his eye reset or something.

"I'm not, no. That's not good, right?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"I'm not, no. That's not good, right?"

"No. Generally not," Amani frowned, and clicked off the flashlight. "I was able to regenerate the tissue, but, function is a different matter," The eye was a fragile organ, and the damage might have been too significant to recover from. Rather than raw Force Light, she focused solely on Force Healing now, hoping it might make a difference. But while restorative powers could do a great many things, they were not infinite in scope. Only one way to find out.

"Tell me if you notice anything change at all," Amani seemed hopeful, but not necessarily confident, "If not then… well…" She trailed off. Kahlil probably didn't need it spelled out for him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm.. Nope."

Kahlil frowned a little, but it wasn't too surprising to him. What was an eye to spare his people from suffering any more than they already had? He'd give that and more if he had to. Grant it, Valery wouldn't be all too pleased, but that's just how they were. How any Jedi was.

"Well, at least the arm works again, right?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Eventually, as no further progress seemed to be made, Amani let her arm fall back to her side. "…Damn," She muttered, pulling up a stool and taking a seat. At least Kahlil was taking it pretty well. He even pointed out his arm as the bright side to the whole situation, "Better than nothing." Still, knowing there was little she could do to save his eye was frustrating in her position.

"Well, I'm sure you know there are several options available to you. You could get a cybernetic replacement, a… cloned transplant," She paused, seeing as cloning was a peculiar topic for them both, "Or you can just.. let it be, I suppose." Another shrug. Some people were content to accept such things. Many weren't. "It's your decision to make. Whatever the case, I've done all I can for you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom