Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Npc Units

sabrina

I was wondering, if it would be possible to put points like War Hammer onto units.
The reasoning for this is fleets have size to try and balance themselves out, but units have just the writers.

I was roughly thinking
0 for rabble 0.5 militia 1 point for a c class soldier 1.5 for vet 2 for elite
0 for light, 1 point for med and 2 for heavy armour
1 blaster, 2 for heavy weapons

so say my hundred housecarls 600 points, though the judge could decide they a worth more and then assign the points accordingly?

A points system would overcomplicate things for something as simple as an NPC unit sub. Not to mention we are here to write stories, not play number games. It's a good idea, but not for here.

sabrina

[member="Lorelei Darke"] okay

it just came up as I want to bring units to an invasion, so we have equal numbers.
though he did not like the idea, as people don't like hard numbers, I was trying to figure way round it for future.
As using them seems hard work, trying find a way around it, any suggestions?

[member="sabrina"] [member="Lorelei Darke"]

The way things are structured, a company of infantry is about equal to a company of vehicles or artillery. So just work on the number of units and take into account rarity and quality.

They'll never be anything official but you can work with your opponent if they agree to come to a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom