Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Now You See Me

Kallea Sector // Terminus // Port C
Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham
"Y'see? Right on the manifest 'ere. All my goods match up."

"But your incoming scans, they showed biothermal readings..I don't understand.."

"I dun' either sir. Y'might wanna check your equipment. Sounds busted."

The port officer looked baffled. And it was no wonder why -- his scanners were working just fine up until now. In fact, they were fully in tact. It was his eyes that were deceiving him. Hidden beneath the ebbs and flow of a current these men couldn't understand, was a fugitive from Sith Space who'd paid a pretty penny to get as far away as possible. They held their breath while the officer stalked around them, inspecting the cargo and cross checking the reference.

"You don't have to do that." Maijan hissed while the officer walked back down the ramp and away with the captain, the obvious baffling in his tone and accompanying gestures. The runaway looked at her, eyes wide. He'd been promised protection into the space, but when it came down to the wire he hadn't expect it to work. This woman said she'd just hide him. In plain sight. And the Captain said he'd get him to Terminus.

"I'd give it a few minutes, let the port officer walk away then you can make your way into the city." The marble-skinned woman offered, flicking her wrist to dissuade the manipulation of the currents. She pushed off the crate and stretched, something popping in her hip and shoulders while her bracelets clanked around with the gesture.

"I, wow, I didn't think that was going to work. Thank you. I owe you..I wow."

"You owe me a thousand credits. And then the fair captain his share." She produced a datapad from her pocket, handing it over to the trembling fellow. He hastily obliged, his nervous hands skittering across the screen and inserting his chip to initiate the credit transfer. "Hell of a deal, by the way. You're lucky you had such a sob story."

"Yeah..lucky."
He trembled, and handed the datapad back to her. The golden woman checked her balances with a satisfied smirk and nodded in his direction.

"Good luck out here. The Outer Rim's far more lawless than the Empire you're used to."

After that, she turned down the ramp with a knowing saunter. In passing to the captain, she gave a salute in his direction - flicking her wrist at the end lazily. "Pleasure doing business cap."

"Ya need a ride back?"

"No captain, now I need a drink."

Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea

It had been a milk run for the most part.

Who knew that an internal civil war within the Sith Empire could be this profitable? Smuggling out an Imperial dandy with questionable friends? It was amazing. Sure, he had been whining the entire trip through, but the credits spoke for themselves. It hadn't been that difficult either. This Force thing could be a real ace up your sleeve.

Maybe Wynter should get some for himself.

"Well, I can buy ya a drink, or..." Jiggles his wallet. "-ya can buy me one, since ya jus' got paid yaself."

A self-satisfied smirk there as he stretched.

Eyes still tracking the dandy taking his leave. "He will be eaten alive here, ya know that, right?" Wynter snorted and shook his head. "This ain't the place for an aristocrat dandy usin' six figure words."

Robbed within the hour, that's a bet he'd take.

The contract ended once they touched down on Terminus. Any misfortune beyond that scope was beyond the gold marbled woman's concern.

In response to Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham 's observation, she rolled her shoulders with a listless intonation: "Then we should find a spot with a view to the city."

Credits that were easily made were easily spent, and she only offered a click of her tongue against the roof of her mouth as an acceptance of the deal to buy him a drink.

The lines of Terminus were filled with scores of sentients and their accompanying droids. The bustle of the port never died down. Being jostled while meandering was par for the course, and Maijan found herself having to keep adjusting her blouse until they came to the doorway of something that looked like it had room. Inside was a gaggle of patrons, hands, claws, paws and bionic phalanges gripping different glasses filled with different colours of liquid.

"Suits your fancy?" Before the Captain confirmed, she leaned back to see if she snivelling fugitive had reappeared yet.

A laugh there.

"Ain't that the truth." He murmured, before shrugging finally and following after Maijan. There would have been a time that Wynter would be doing the eating. Then a brief stint of being better than that. Wynter self-corrected pretty quickly. It was one thing not to be a complete bastard. Another thing to deny the basic building blocks of yourself.

Not everyone could be a pillar of moral code.

"I just hope he keeps some of the credits, so he can pay us twice to help him." It was a joke, yes, but also ... not. Paisea would have seen Wynter and his crew in action already.

They didn't go in for the 'spare all the innocents' line.

Sure, if they didn't get in the way. But there was a thin line between innocent and stupid. The former could be ignored. The latter? Difficult not to take advantage of stupidity, if it meant more coin for them.

"One watering hole not so different from the other 'ere, Paisea. Burning hot drink on the tongue is difficult to kark up." Not that Terminus wouldn't try to prove him wrong on that account. "So, sure, do me a Tatooine Sunrise, eh? How about ya. What's your poison."

A crooked grin cracked on the lips that balanced between dark and gold skin. Profit could always be made from desperation. A friend in need was a friend indeed.

The pair meandered through the crowd of lolly gagging patrons. Nobody here seemed to be in a rush. Several tables were piled with glasses that suggested several rounds had passed, and the heaviness of the eyelids and drawl from the tone of the guests fortified that assumption.

Leaning an elbow on the bar, she wedged her way to the gap of a space and gave a two fingered indicator in the direction of the barkeep. The brawny alien bumbled over, making eye contact that would approve her order.

"A tatooine sunrise for the lady," she began, making jest at the title of the drink. She honestly had no idea what it was. "And uhh.." she narrowed her eyes, scrutinizing the menu until she made a selection "A bantha blaster. Make it a double."

There was a grunt in response, and he slammed two empty glasses down in front of her before he went about the operations of filling them once she produced a trio of credits to cover the charge.

While he made the drink, she rotated on her elbow to look back at Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham . They'd been working together for maybe two to three missions, but dialogue was sparse and kept to instruction. IT'd been a good gig thus far. "You ever run into a Sith before?" She asked idly. A potent question that begot her a few turned heads, but in the context of the refugee they'd just helped, she supposed it made sense. Her brashness wasn't something she was shy about, apparently.

Wynter snorted at Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea 's tease.

The reason for that came a moment later.

One big tankard was place next to the woman. Some kind of dark substance, which was probably better suited to clean out gears from out of a starship, while next to Wynter? A small glass was put. Orange liquid, clear as amber, and just as pretty. "If da cost of drinking a nice sweet drink is being Lady of the Undoubtedly, I be taking it." Picking it up carefully, before tapping her glass with clear mirth in his eyes. Only then did Wynter take a nice sip and clearly enjoyed the taste with an ah.

Why scorch your throat, if you could actually enjoy your drink?

A lazy glance towards her drink.

He gulped and couldn't help but shudder just a bit. "Better ya than me." Did the drink just bubble a bit? No, no, that was probably his overactive imagination.

Bringing up the Sith made him pause however.

"Oh, here and there." Which sounded better than oh, sure. I killed for them during the One Sith days, before betraying them and stealing one of their ships. My callsign probably still has a death mark on it. "Difficult to dodge a Sith these days, let's be real. They be everywhere." He lightly gestured into the air, as if to simulate the entire galaxy with that wave.

"How about you, magic lady, went to school with them or nah?" Clearly teasing as he sipped again.

For someone who spent so much time putting effort into making things look pretty, or their best, or hidden, the squelching tanker that was delivered to he was certainly unexpected. Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham 's judgemental looks were entirely warranted.

"Hum, actually, on second thought -- a Tattooine Sunset for both the ladies." She remedied, sliding another credit over to the barkeep with a wince. She could certainly change how the drink looked but it would do little service to the taste and smell.

"Here and there is a pretty nonchalant response for one of the darkest powers in the galaxy, captain." Maijan suggested, giving a light tug to one of her dangling earrings. A tick.

He quickly changed the subject, and she chuckled. Almost bitterly.

The barkeep touched the coolness of her new drink against her elbow to alert her it was ready. She took a sip and revelled in its pleasantness, and decisively pushed the alternative away back from whence it came. "No. The powers they use are variances of the current. A poisoned version of The Force." Her talking about this so openly was brazen, but she seemed unshaken by that reality.

"I haven't run into any worth mentioning yet. Though, we keep picking up business in their space and that might all change."

If his expression was amused at first?

Well, that certainly got kicked into overdrive.

"Oh, do add a little umbrella for hers, barkeep." Rackham drawled lazily right after her order. "Since we cannae experience da real sunset, she might as well get the package whole, ya?" The barkeep was less bemused. Where the feth was he going to get an umbrella? But, luckily for Wynter, this rare 'keep was a practitioner of the Customer is Always Right maxim.

Probably unique for a drinking hole.

So a bit later when Maijan took a sip? She'd notice a little improvised umbrella sticking out of it. Made out of a toothpick (a new one don't worry) and a colored napkin folded together like Atrisian origami.

"Please, one of the darkest powers? You should meet the Hutta council over on Nal Hutta." His tone completely disregarding. Of course, it wasn't the Hutt council his mind went to. No, it went to the old One Sith. The Dark Lord, whose reign of terror had burned the Core for decades. Those had been darker times as far as Wynter was concerned. Maybe because of his own involvement in that. "They are a paper hiss, as far as I am concerned, jus' that nobody has properly stepped up against them yet."

Which was true.

Ever since Mirial the nations had mostly tried to circle around them.

How long had the Silver Jedi Order co-existed with the Empire of the Sith right next to them? Deaf and blind to all the suffering they caused. It was easier to ignore it, of course. Easier to just see nothing.

Leaning on his elbow, sipping casually, as he listened to her theory on the Force.

"Wow. That sounds..." Then a shrug. "Honestly I dunno, it's all hokey traditions from where I'm standing." That lazy grin shared with her, before another sip went his way. Then the grin turned positively smirkish. "Oh, so you planning on sticking around a bit then? Roman was half-expecting ya to take the loot an' make a runner on our first job."

Or maybe it hadn't been Roman, but the story was all that mattered.

The umbrella poked its way into her nostril and she recoiled at the dissatisfactory interaction.

"Hokey traditions that are very good at keeping you standing." The drink tilted in Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham 's direction, the pretty clementine coloured liquid swirling ever so slightly with the jostling indication.

"Oh Roman thought I was going to high tail." She parroted, emphasizing the name of the other crewmember who wasn't around to defend himself. Her simper was knowing, and her brow arched in mock accusation. She moved her finger to push the umbrella out of the way, and tried to take another sip. It ended up poking just beneath the golden dot between her eyes.

"So long as there's more work to do, I'll stick around. You guys sure need my help." There wasn't anything else pulling her attentions. For now, she'd work and save up enough credits.

"I think the only thing that'd be more exciting is if someone finally challenged that Sith Empire. Countdown is on."

"Oh, puh-lease, I had everything in hand." Tone lighthearted and easy however. Clearly not bothered or trying to prove anything. "Just needed some pow, bam, kaPOW and those droids would have been scrap, dig?" Bunch of chit, of course. Her magic cloak had been indispensable during the hijacking and let them pass through unnoticed a bunch of times.

That wasn't something Wynter would admit however.

Why? It would only rise up her share, which his greed wouldn't allow that easily.

"Mmmhm, I dun' think he trusts ya, but dun' worry I have full confidence in ya." He flashed her a crooked grin, which devolved into snickering as Wynter noticed her struggle with the umbrella.

"Really, Paisea, ya never had a drink avec umbrella?"

A stretch there as he let the alcohol buzz nicely through his body. "We really need to getcha to Rishi then. Beaches, tropical forests, big arse killer birbs, truly a paradise. Lotsa umbrellas." The snickering subsided at the mention of neeeeeding her help. Instead a smirk there. "Sounds to me ya just trying to hide the fact ya like working with us."

Poking her softly in the shoulder.

"-and dig the money Captain Rackham racks in for ya." groaaaaan so bad, but he smirked so pleasantly.

The Sith Empire being challenged left him undisturbed. "Probably will be, eh? Already got those fething Imps rise up near the Silvers. Unless they more bluster than action, they probably will be kicking arse. Whatcha issue with the Sith anyway. Ain't like they the only boogeyman in the Galaxy raising hell on folk."

Sith, Jedi, Confederates, they were all the same at the end of the day.

Bunch'a folks who thought they were powerful and were lording it over their lessers.

To see Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham fist-a-cuffs with a pack of droids would be worth the temporary blow to her ego and not serving up an invisible shield. "I'll remember that for next time." And gave a cheers in his direction.

And I'll talk about Roman's opinions when Roman's here to talk about his opinions."

Honour among thieves.

Then he called out her incompetency with the pokey bit of her drink. "No, this is..really annoying." With some level of distaste, the woman pinched the origami part of the umbrella. It fell apart and away from the stick, spiralling down to her boot and landing unceremoniously on the floor. "But that sounds nice. I haven't made it to Rishi yet, especially not on anything you've racked in for us."

What was she going to do with all the credits she sought? She should spend more.

"Those boogeymen can keep to themselves. Infighting can stay profitable for us, and we can continue out in the outer rim. Yeah?"

He clapped excitedly when Maijan Paisea Maijan Paisea used his pun herself.

"Yes, yes, good. Embrace the pun life." Roman would hate this, but that was excellent. "We will swing on by after the next job then. Should earn enough we can go wild for a few days there." It had been a while for him himself. Few months at least. He was already missing the resort. The tropical beaches, the drinks and the people.

Nobody gave a chit out there.

It was great.

But then Wynter smiled. "Exactly. Maybe the Sith shatter, maybe not, what matters is that all this merry-go-round keeps going on." A stretch as he finishes his drink and orders another one for himself. A glance her way, if she indicates yes? He'd order her another one too.

"S'long as there be chaos there be a need for us."

Either way, taking another sip from his glass. "So, I do wonder, what do ya spend ya money on, Paisea. It ain't vacations, that for sure."

"Apparently not the right things." Maijan agreed. Up to this point, jewellery and alcohol. Subconsciously she tugged on one of her dangling earrings. For someone who was partially made of gold, she still liked to be adorned in it.

She did take vacations, she just hadn't been to Rishi.

"Dremulae's got some licentious resorts I haven't minded my time at." The woman confessed. In the beginning, she'd spent her tokens on training; a teacher who demanded a fair sum of credits to give her the right amount of download to obtain the magic she wielded today. Then gambling got in the way. "You know how it is.

Weird galaxy, hm? Thriving on chaos? It all comes full circle in the end I guess.

What're you spending your next small fortune on?"

Wynter Rackham Wynter Rackham

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom