Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now We Live [Kära]

Note: This is a roleplay set in the past and not in current time.
Tháinbroek, Midvinter
The Great Hall
Having spent the day celebrating with their extended family, the ride back to the capital city of Tháinbroek took several hours with newly wedded Thyrian and his bride Kära riding at a leisurely pace. Darkness had begun to slowly settle upon the land and their horse carried them through the woods, and they had little rush to get back to civilisation. With Kära heavy with child, Thyrian held her in his arms as they gently rocked back and forth, keeping her warm and as comfortable as possible.

Few words were uttered during their return to the capital, where they would now rule jointly as King and Queen of Midvinter. There were no words for the immense joy and love the two felt for one another, and for most of the journey Thyrian could not bring himself to look anywhere but down at the white-haired woman in his arms.

Once having exited the woods they came upon the sturdy stone walls of Tháinbroek, and as they approached the main gate Thyrian removed his hood. The lookouts recognised their High King and soon the gates were thrown open for them to enter. Darkness lay heavy upon the city now and not many were about as they rode down the cobbled street heading towards the Great Hall. A few random locals caught glimpse of Kära's white hair and knew immediately who they were, bowing as they passed them by.

They soon found themselves before the grand doors of the Great Hall, and so Thyrian dismounted and helped his bride off the horse, taking her in his arms and carrying her inside while their horse was being tended to. "Home sweet home," he finally spoke, smiling down at his beloved. No grand reception awaited them, no throngs of people waiting to congratulate the happy couple. There was just the two of them, and their future son.

[member="Kära Hearthfire"]

The ride was one of warmth, comfort, and peace. Which was saying a lot, given that she was so heavy with child and on horseback. There in her beloved's arms, with her head against his chest and gaze cast upward, it felt as though the world stood still. The steady sound of hooves crushing what remained of the snow, the occasional whinny, and their breathing alone, broke up the silence, while the delicate descent of spring snow fell against the idyllic backdrop they rode among.

Each groove in his face was examined, encased within her memory. The way that his lips twitched, his eyes softened, his body felt against hers. The steady rise and fall... Each part committed to the most important parts of her mind, and felt within her heart. The love that she felt during the journey back to Thainbroek was unlike anything she had experienced, ethereal almost, and she wondered how it was she had lived so long in this life without him. How had this Universe's Kära managed?

When the ground turned firmer, indicating the closeness to Thainbroek, Kära turned her head to glimpse the City they had fought over. She brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear, and exhaled a long yet calming breath. Soon they would be within the hall of Thyrian's forefathers, with the warmth of the hearths delicately brushing over them. Not that her Phoenix wasn't adequate enough, he had always been the warmth to her cool exterior.

There was no halting the horse, even when they approached the great gates which had been closed for what could have been hours, instead their journey to the Great Hall was unhindered as was their descent from their mount. Not once did he leave her side, sweeping her back into his arms and carrying her across the threshold like in some fairy tale. She had never expected such a thing in her lifetime, ever. Thurion and Coci seemed more the kind, and yet deep down she thoroughly enjoyed it where she had never thought she would.

It had proven easier to love than it had been to prevent it, to fake a life of indifference. And she had her beloved to thank for that.

"Home" she murmured, turning her head into his chest and extremely grateful that none lingered to greet them. She had not the strength to entertain right now, she wanted nothing more than to sit before the fire in their room with her Phoenix and enjoy his company. To talk, to laugh, to love. To live.

[member="Thyrian Hearthfire"]

Kära's weary response had him gaze down into her pale-blue eyes, and before making for the royal bedchambers he leaned in for a soft kiss upon her forehead. He then took her through one of the sidedoors and down the hall, until finally they found themselves in the homely comforts of their bedroom. Gently he laid Kära down in their bed, spending a moment at her side before stepping over to the hearth to get a fire going. Of course, few things came as natural to the former Ashborn as making fire, and so reaching out he merely placed a hand upon the log sitting in the fireplace and willed it to become engulfed in flames.

Taking a step back he sat down at the foot of the bed, gazing into the flames as if lost in thought. Above the fireplace rested his father's greatsword, recovered from the Beorni island after the remains of Thrand's burial vessel had found its way there. Now Thrand's sword awaited another worthy of wielding it.

Stirring from his pondering, he lay down in bed beside his White Lady. He soon however moved to settle his head upon the bump of her belly, listening to the little life growing within her. "Can you hear me, Thrand," he whispered. "You are descendant from the wisest kings and mightiest warriors... and you are my son. I promise to try and make a good father, even though I find myself unworthy of you and your mother. Nothing I do in life will ever compare to you, little one." A kiss was placed upon her tummy before looking up at Kära.

"In all my dreams across all my lifetimes, I could never imagine being so blessed. I can't help but feel... undeserving, with the things I've done."

It was cold within their chambers, even when she was carefully settled among the furs. It reminded her of Umbara, and Korriban, even though the latter looked as though it should have been scorching, but at least this world did not lie to them. The ice and snow was a staple seen from space, and she had grown to love the white speckles that had long ago become her name. She hadn't fully understood why until now, though she knew that neither Thurion or Thyrian had been away of their heritage. Perhaps the snow had simply been so deeply ingrained within them.

A long sigh, before she shifted to sit upright and tried to remove her shoes. Riding boots, not the most appropriate footwear to have beneath a wedding dress... But she cared not. It was practical. And that was something she still hadn't grown out of.

Her attempts were foiled, for the time being, when the fire began to roar in the hearth and her Phoenix returned to her side. His head settled against her belly, and soft words drifted toward her. Aimed toward her son. Their baby boy.

She lifted a hand, delicately stroking his hair as he lay there. More than happy to remain that way for all eternity if she had to.

But when his words became directed toward her she could not help but frown.

"What you did was on my orders, my beloved, and what I did was out of fear, misplaced duty... No more should we dwell on it, we will find a way to repay the Galaxy for all we have done. We will find a way to redeem ourselves. Stepping from the darkness that we had known for so long is the first step of many."

Leaning down, as best she could, she kissed the top of his head though it pained her to do so. The strain was becoming unbearable, yet still their son refused to come into the world. Perhaps Midvinter was too cold for his tiny nose and toes.

"May we sit beside the fire, Husband?"

Husband. She could not help but grin.

His Queen's words were comforting, though he could not deem himself to be without guilt; Kyros may have been the one to give the orders, yet he executed them without question out of love for his master. Only at the very end had he begun to question her, trying to save her from herself, but by then she was too far gone to step out of the corruptive darkness. Every day he thanked the gods that they were given a new chance at life, and he intended to live it to the fullest alongside the only woman he's ever loved.

Noting the strain put upon her as she leaned down to kiss his head, he sat up and held her in his arms. At her request he carried her out of bed and sat down by the fire, and even made sure to bring a large fur for them to bundle up inside as well as pillows for added comfort. Once settled in front of the hearth dousing them in its warmth, he wrapped his arm around her to hold her close to him as they gazed into the soothing fire. "There are no words for how happy you make me, Kära," he spoke softly, before looking down into her sparkling eyes. "I love you, my Snowflake. My Queen. My wife..."

Finally being able to call her such filled his heart with unbridled joy, and there was nothing keeping him from placing his scarred lips upon hers while a hand found its way to caress her tummy.

Ever vigilant of her needs, he leaned up so as to spare her the pain and she could not help but smile. Even now, after so long together... What had she done to deserve such a kind soul?

Without needing to ask twice, he lifted her from the bed and together with a bundle of furs and pillows they settled before the hearth. As though noticing the shift in temperature baby Thrand set about his nightly kicking routine.

"He's going to be such a strong son, my love" she whispered in awe, watching and feeling his movements. Not wanting to starve him from the sensation, she took her beloved's hand and settled it overtop. That only set the babe in motion all the more so.

She peered upward as Thyrian began to spoke, her eyes glistening. Softer than usual, and tear filled by the end. Hormones? No, she couldn't blame it on hormones this time. It was pure bliss, pure happiness.

Any words she might have uttered in response were cut off, and their lips met so delicately as always. He treated her like a fragile flower sometimes, as though afraid the slightest action might tear her limb from limb. At times it irritated her to know that he thought so little of her strength, even though she understood the reasoning why.

This time, though, and truth be told most of the time nowadays, she cherished the tenderness. It spoke more than words ever could.

His palm against her belly picked up the stirrings of their son, kicking with reckless abandon as if trying to break out before his time. "Shh, not yet," Thyrian whispered playfully to little Thrand and rested his chin upon Kära's shoulder. "Your heart beats for two, my Queen. If you felt doted on before..." he said, unable to hide a faint smirk. How could he not smile and feel joy at how his life - nay, their lives - had progressed in recent years? In his heart, he knew that it was seeing his little brother again that had begun the healing process and allowed him to become more... human.

Without warning he began to nuzzle into the side of her neck, pulling aside her white hair to expose it in the first place. Tender kisses were placed upon her soft skin, for how could he possibly resist such a woman? She was his everything. Always had been. Sitting by the fireplace was an old wooden toy, and the thought of Thrand Sr. having played with it at some point in his youth brought a smile to the man's firstborn. Picking it up he examined it; a wooden horse and its rider, fashioned with loving detail.

"I suppose even you were a child at one point, old man," Thyrian spoke and looked up at his father's sword once more, sitting atop the hearth. A strange sensation washed over him, causing his eyes to well up. Yet his smile persisted, for there was no sadness in his heart. He looked back down into Kära's eyes as a lone tear ran down his cheek, smile still intact. "I am no longer afraid," he told her. No longer afraid of his father's legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo​
As she lay there with him, bathing in the warmth of the fire found both within her Phoenix and the great hearth, Kära could feel her past finally slip away. It was an effortless experience, easier than pulling off a bandaid, and one which left her feeling refreshed. Free.

All she had to do was watch how her beloved interacted with her, with their unborn babe, and she knew that all would be right for them. While they had not the most innocent of pasts, it still felt as though the Force smiled upon them. As though it knew their true intentions. As though it knew that redemption would come.

Her eyes closed, with the jumping tendrils of fire the last sight she saw, and she simply relaxed against her beloved husband. She enjoyed the soft touch of his lips, the caress of his hand. Turning into his chest, she settled her cheek against his heart and listened to the steady thump it produced.

Soon their son would live among them, she would cradle him near and dear, and he would know no strife if she could help it. He would be watched over by the greatest of Fathers, he would know the pure love of his Uncle and Auntie, and all the children they had produced between them.

Was any child in the Galaxy quite so lucky?

She settled her hand over his which was settled on her bump.

"I am proud of the man you are, my love. Of the man you are becoming. I could ask for no other, to stand at my side, to raise our children."

Without looking to know that tears had trailed down his cheeks, Kära lifted her free hand all the same to wipe them away. A delicate touch, that lingered against his cheek when all was said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom