Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now That's a Force-using Droid!

"I do realize you have several uses in mind: bending and refracting light comprises Force-cloak, and also its more illusory uses, while exuding courage and bolstering resolve of those around the user is instead known as battle meditation"

Now, I do realize sentients capable of using Force-light have a wide variety of Force-sources of light that would often not be outwardly visible to a person that cannot use the Force, she thought, while realizing that a demonstration was in order. With that said, Jessica lowered the curtain, and also turned off the lights in the room, because she feels that [member="Ultimatum"] would learn better if there were no other light sources in the room. Sure, she knew that the intensity of her mind-light visible in the Force would depend on how much computational power she is using, and beause she has been using a lot of computational power in the whole lesson, her brain is glowing strongly enough in the Force to contemplate using it for Force-light. And now she was thinking hard as to the sheer amount of learning they were making here, and then her whole nervous system became one big, light yellow phosphorescent light with the brightness of a LED. Upari is making me use my brain a lot, so it didn't take nearly as much extra computational power; if there was any dark ichor in this room, they would be neutralized - last I used Force-light, it had the effect of removing the dark side from the poison in a person's bloodstream, she thought, while the consequences of her using Force-light were all too clear. Even if the door was closed, there would be intense lights filtering out from the interstices between the door frame and the door itself, as well as the interstices between the curtains and the window frames. And, much freakier still, would be the consequences of her nervous system being akin to one big yellow phosphorescent light: everyone that could see in the yellow area of the spectrum could see her brain, pulsating with activity, and her nerves, too.

"For a few hours, I'm a walking yellow phosphorescent light, imbued with the light side. Perhaps it would be time for you to attempt performing the power"

The droid watched as the room was darkened to the point of nonvisibility. Then, as if some internal source was started, light shone from [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], and Ultimatum was most intrigued to see the outline of her mind and nerves. There was a constant state of activity; Ultimatum watched as flares in thought created ripples leading from the head outwards. It was a strange situation, to be able to see the biological reactions physically. The droid wondered if this was a usual response, or if it was unique to Jessica.

"Where do you draw the power from? How do you convert the Force into light through your nervous system?"

Upari was beginning to understand the concepts of this power. He wondered if he could create an internal light like Jessica, or if he would need to use something from Ultimatum's body. Certainly vibrating the air could be used to create light, but that would require an inordinate amount of Force to accomplish. A more conventional method would be preferable, perhaps after he had constructed a lightsaber, he could use its light. But for now, he had to try to figure out a way of pushing his Force into a light once he had a source to work with.

"It's probably because there are so many methods people use to collect light ichor within them prior to projecting them outward. In most people, it wouldn't make their nervous systems phosphorescent for a few hours"

Said light ichor are different from ordinary photons, even though they are equally massless: photons are, for the purposes of the Force, neutral, she thought, while [member="Ultimatum"] was intrigued by how Force-light acted within Jessica, and how Force-light rendered her brain curves visible, alongside her nerves. Especially since he could see Jessica's brain flicker somewhat depending on how much computational power she was using. She could think of at least four methods for her nervous system's phosphorescence to stop faster than it naturally would: Force-nullifiers, her mental activity sharply decreasing or her Force-batteries being completely drained. In fact, one of the main elements that determines how long she would glow is how much Force-energy she have in the battery. Or just about anything else that would temporarily cause her available computational power to decrease below the minimum for getting Force-light started, such as debilitating headaches, or use more computational power than her redline limits. As much as she would like to think she had poodoo-loads of computational power (by sentient standards), even hers has its limits.

"Do you have any other questions before you would like to try?"

Ultimatum had been correct in his guess; the method was almost unique to the person. Therefore, it should be evident that Upari's form of Light would be different than [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]'s and perhaps unique entirely. The droid assumed that this would require a decent amount of Force to accomplish and therefore would only be maintained for a short duration. However, Ultimatum hoped that they could prove a definite understanding of the ability.

"We'll give it a shot and see if it works."

Upari agreed and began by concentrating its Force into the body, looking for a source of light. There were places in the body where light was unavoidable, heated metals, controlled sparks, conversion units. It was possible to harness any of these, but would it be what functioned for him? Upari guessed that part of the reason that Jessica used her nervous system as the source of her light was because of the chemical reaction that was part of the thought process. He could use his own thoughts as well, because it was a similar effect of lights passing. That struck the Shard as an ideal starting place.

With an uncertain pouring of the Force into those lights that were hidden away from the natural site of most sentients by the cold metals of Ultimatum, Upari allowed his conscious thought to flow more freely. He imagined the lights becoming visible outside the body, in the air for Jessica to see. As his mind wandered further into the idea, faint lights began to shine in front of Ultimatum. Barely brighter than distant candles, the lights moved and flickered like fireflies lazily buzzing through the air.

"You're almost running out of Force-energy: it wouldn't do you any good to keep learning more Force-powers today" she observed, while Upari got Force-light to work for the first time.

Even if I'm not using Memory Rub, the pace at which they learned the stuff was only a little slower than what could be afforded under Memory Rub, while taking into consideration drilling provisions. Paige felt it was too fast to be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if, was I to fall to the dark side, I could use Memory Rub to infuse knowledge - at the cost of headaches on their part given the throughputs I feel I am capable of achieving, she thought, while realizing that Paige also underwent rapid learning, with Force-healing rather than Force-light at the end. The hard part for Jessica would be to even spot the faint Force-lights in front of [member="Ultimatum"] flickering a different shade of yellow, and a darker one at that. Yes, it was true that her mental activity correlated to the computational power she used, and in turn was affecting just how fast, and how often, her neurons fired. She knew that, in her phosphorescent phase, it seemed as if her neurotransmitters, regardless of which ones are actually in use, were what allowed the Force-phosphorescence in the first place. As a result, the room was shining with so many lumens that it was almost blinding, as if a few hundred watts' worth of LEDs, about as much wattage as her body could supply in a prolonged NFU physical effort, were activated within a space the size of Jessica's head.

"But it's not too bad for a first attempt at using the power"

Ultimatum had begun to feel it earlier but had shrugged it off to better focus on the lessons. Now though, it was far stronger and overpowering his attempts to shove it away. He was wearying, not in his power for the batteries were barely drained by this mental activity. He was tiring in his mind, and he knew it to be a result of having connected with Upari. He had no doubt the Shard was exhausted, though he did not know if the almost invisible lights were a result of weariness or just attempting to learn a new power.

"Well done."

"Thanks. I guess it is break time."

The short exchange passed, and Ultimatum looked to [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]. She was right of course. With Upari so fatigued, any further learning would be wasted. They had accomplished much, at least in Ultimatum's eyes they had. A few new abilities, with many potential applications. They had also managed to learn more about the philosophies both theoretical and practiced of the Jedi. Ultimatum did believe they were similar to the Jedi in overall intention, but he found that according to Jessica the two would not mix well. They preferred the ideal Jedi to the common Jedi and he believed it was unlikely that they would join in the near future at least in part because of that.

"Thank you, I believe you are correct. Is there anything else you would like to speak of before we depart? How can we contact you again if you feel inclined to continue teaching us?"

"It's mostly about how you may contact me for additional lessons. You may always send me a holomessage, although I would prefer some downtime until the next lesson" she answered the question [member="Ultimatum"] asked.

I knew Memory Rub allows for infusion of knowledge, but is it actually more efficient than whatever power I have, if any, in terms of learning speed, in the long run? I would think that the instructor's pain tolerance, or the student's, would be a major bottleneck, if not the main one, if anybody went the infusion/drain route in an attempt to teach/learn faster respectively. Would Arax's mind keep up with mine if she was actually redeemed enough to undergo padawan training? she thought, realizing that few Jedi were able to teach that much in one session before their students' Force-batteries dried out. Also Jessica realized that, if she actually knew some power that helped her students learn faster, perhaps battle meditation or Force valor would be something she could just as easily learn - but she didn't know for certain whether she actually knew such a thing. One thing she did know for sure about a characteristic such a power would have is that its effectiveness increased the better the user's mental characteristics were, including its telepathic throughput and its knowledge base, so she had an idea of the sort of person that can potentially use it, but this is not a power she would feel is easy to learn. Plus she had an idea of what she would probably wish to teach him next time if she had the opportunity: Force-healing, Detoxify Poison, Electric Judgment, Psychometry.

"See you next time"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom