Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nothing Sacred

"Are you trying to insult me, Garat?" Atin said to the harch, scowling as his eyes slid over the flimsiplast sheets in his hands. "You want me to hunt down another mando?"
"C'mon now, Tracinya,"
the man said, his mandibles clicking as he picked up a glass of some bubbling green liquid didn't know, and didn't want to know. "You're a mando too. Or, at least that's what you keep tellin' me. Hard to tell without that armor." Atin's eyes darted from the image of the brunette to the grey haired spider, staring daggers. "So, you should know how to take care of her. How she thinks."
"Know what I think?"
"What?"
His mandibles clicked again.
"I think you've lost your goddamn mind if you really think I'll take this job."
"Oh, I don't think you'll take this job, I know you will,"
the harch laughed before lifting his glass and downing the sickly liquid in one go.
"Why's that?" Atin asked.
"'Cause. You owe me." Atin frowned. "That's what I thought. Besides, doubt anyone else can do this job." Atin went back to scanning the pages as Garat went on. "Last I heard, she took on twelve other hunters to acquire her last mark. Didn't leave a one standing."
"So she broke the Code?"
That seemed unusual.
"That's right. So it's open season on her. No one else wants to touch her, though. Not after what she did to those other fools."
"Why's it capture, not kill?"
"Poster doesn't want the Enclave chasing after them. You though..."
"Figures..."
Atin reached for his own glass, sipping at the whiskey.
"At least you won't have anyone to compete with this time." This...girl...she didn't seem like she'd have been able to take on twelve hunters on her own. Something else was at play here.
"Alright. Fine," Atin said, setting his glass down and folding the papers and stuffing them into his coat. "Send me anything else you have on her. Imma get to work."
"Happy hunting, mando."

---​

The rain beat down on the city streets, drumming violently against the walkways. Almost nobody was out in this kind of weather. Almost. Atin had been tailing the woman for a while now. He didn't like this though. Ten to one odds she'd spotted him by now. Hard not to when the streets were empty. But still, she hadn't turned a blaster on him yet. Either she was leading him into a trap or she wasn't worried about his following her. Or she was just that dumb. Atin wasn't about to chance it though. He stuck to the alleys, crossed streets, anything to at least seem like he wasn't following her. He'd prefer a rooftop though.

Stopped on a corner now, Atin watched as the woman stopped in front of just one of the many brightly lit buildings. He couldn't tell what she was doing, but he dared not sneak closer. A moment later though, and she opened the door and stepped inside. Atin waited a beat. No blasterfire. Onwards then. Crossing the street, his boots splashed in the puddles. Looking up, he read the sign written in Aurebesh. 'The Teasing Squib'. A cantina. Always a cantina. Atin sighed as the door slid open and he stepped inside...

The rain continued for another hour now. That's another shithole planet that she won't be returning to. Unless there's another big catch, of course. Stopping in front of the building, she checked the holo-projector one more time before stepping inside. Her sight fell on the person sitting near the bar. The only green Trandoshan in the cantina. That's very convenient.

"You know who I am looking for. Hands in the air." A reverberating voice came out of her crimson helmet. Anna quickly pulled out her blaster, the cold tip touching the Trandoshan's back. The two people beside him reacted by turning around but hesitated to take out their slug throwers.

"The Red Raven...!"

It'll be a mess if a fight breaks out in here, so instead she just hoped that her title was enough to deter the target's goons.

"Leave. There is no bounty on the rest of you." She reasoned, which somehow sounded like a threat to the other two, as they slowly moved away with their hands also in the air. Well, that was easy. Not that she preferred doing things the hard way, but at this rate, she would never experience a real hunt.

Speaking of which, it might be the time to address the other potential problem. Turning her attention toward the door, she pointed the blaster toward whoever just entered the cantina, the same person who had been tailing her for ten minutes outside. Another hunter? "What's the bounty on me nowadays?" She assumed.

Not even thirty seconds after walking into the cantina and Atin was already staring down the barrel of a blaster. Just his kind of luck. And if that weren't bad enough, three trandoshans, all three of which seemed just as eager to bite the baskar'd up mandalorian's head off. "What's the bounty on me nowadays?" she asked, her voice filtering through the helmet. "Half a mil," Atin answered, eyeing the woman up and down. "And goin' up everyday. Seems like you pissed someone off, Carden."

He'd read her profile. An up and comer, pretty much from out of nowhere. First hunt, and already a name to her. 'The Red Raven'. Rumor had it that her armor was red thanks to the blood those twelve hunters she killed. Seemed like the reality was a little more mundane. Red paint, poorly slapped on her beskar like an adiik wielding a paintbrush. "Gar alligai cuyir a n'ijaat." (That paintjob is a disgrace.)

The three trandoshans behind the woman were not idle as the two hunters spoke. The one who'd had his back turned no longer felt the barrel pressed into his scales. He was free to move. And the hunters' voices, the Raven was distracted. He began to turn around. Atin's eyes shifted towards the movement. "You shouldn't turn your back on your prey."

Anna Carden Anna Carden

Half a.. what?

"And goin' up everyday. Seems like you pissed someone off, Carden."

With that number, she could buy a freighter and retire early. That's twenty times more than what the last bounty hunter who came for her last week said. Unfortunately, the Rodian slipped and shot himself in the chest while monologuing. Tough luck. How and why did people put so much credit on her head anyway?

"They pay me my creds, I hunt. Nothing personal."
Anna exclaimed.

As much as she wanted to retort, she decided not to feed the man's taunt. Speaking Mandalorian... and beskarless? One of those people.

Although not liking the odds, she gotta push the advantage while it's still there. "Save the advice, mir'sheb." The huntress scoffed. It's a good thing that her helmet provided a wide view of what was currently happening, including her target who was now trying to do something. Her left hand went to grip on the green Trandoshan's shoulder firmly, signaling him to not do anything funny.

Intimidation tactic. Sometimes it ends conflict faster than anyone could say 'karabast'. Of course, 'sometimes' is the keyword here. For a while, it worked as the other two stopped from pulling their throwers for the second time. But the longer this takes, the worse her position will be.

The plan has changed. The only way out was to shoot first.

Switching the DC-17 blaster to stun setting, she quickly unleashed two swift shots toward the yet-unarmed Trandoshans, before shooting a bolt toward Atin as she pulled the target and jumped behind the bar for cover. The patrons quickly scrambled toward the exit.

Atin Tracinya Atin Tracinya

Atin couldn't see Carden's eyes. It was impossible through her visor. But he saw the slightest shift in weight as she turned her attention towards the trandoshans instead. Now or never then. The rasp of leather on metal sounded as Atin drew his blaster and flicked it to stun. In just a brief moment four shots had gone off, and the other two trandoshans hit the ground, limp as corpses, except for the fact that they were still breathing. Atin's shot had sped through the air, but a moment late and just a bit off as he'd thrown himself to the ground to avoid the stun bolt careening at his face.

Flat on his stomach, Atin rolled to the side, just in case there was another shot coming his way, as he levelled his blaster again. The shot narrowly missed again as Carden hauled herself and the trandoshan over the bar counter, behind cover. She was stronger than she looked, it seemed. Atin scrambled onto his feet again and found the nearest table he could, flipping it onto its side and hiding behind it. Options? Not many. Shoot out here wasn't exactly desirable. Evenly matched in firepower. He had more maneuvering room though, and the door behind him meant an escape route. And a point of ingress for others. Law enforcement? Neutral in this case, probably wouldn't think twice about putting down either hunter. She had advantage with her armor though. Even he did hit her, it'd probably be ineffective. Net launcher wouldn't deploy in time. Not this close. That left hand to hand. He was bigger. Stronger. But the gap?

Atin grabbed the first glass he found and threw it. Hard. Didn't matter if he hit her or not. She'd have to duck, or wipe the glass away. Either way, it was just enough to close distance. Atin charged.

Anna Carden Anna Carden

The two other Trandoshans fell down without any resistance, but the third shot missed as the man in the doorway quickly dropped down. Of course, it can't be that easy.

The price was for capture, so it'll be the worst if after traveling all the way to this sad planet the target just stood up and got caught in the crossfire. "Keep your head down." She pressed on the Trandoshan's chest, instructing him. Peeking out of the cover, she scanned the room. All civilians had already left the cantina and Anna couldn't find the other person. Or actually, he might be behind that one flipped table.

Waiting patiently for an exposed body part to shoot, she readied her aim. What she didn't expect was a drink flying towards her from behind that cover. She almost dodged the throw, but the glass shattered against the side of her helmet, getting whatever blue cocktail that was inside of it on her visor.

"Grr!"

Wiping the obscuring liquid off her helmet, she fired two blind shots at the charging Atin, which missed without proper aim. The next second the other hunter was too close for her. The answer for that? A counter tackle.

The jetpack fired, propelling the red Mandalorian toward her aggressor at relatively high speed, trying to grab and pin the man to the ground. If it's hand-to-hand combat he desires, he'll get one.

The glass crashed into the Raven's head, shattering and spraying liquid and shards of glass everywhere. Just enough of a distraction to close the distance. Two stray shots breezed by, almost too close for Atin's comfort, but he charged on. Something orange illuminated the wall behind the Raven, and all of a sudden she was careening towards Atin like a cannonball.

She barreled into him, hard mandalorian armor slamming into his chest, pain lancing across his torso. Later, Atin would swear she cracked a few of them. Now though, his back impacted the wall, the plaster spider webbing as the wind was knocked out of him. He needed a moment to heave air into his lungs, but there was none to spare. Blaster gone, pinned to wall by a jetpacked maniac, what else was Atin going to do but hold on? Thankfully the Raven was small enough that that was no issue. Arms wrapped around her torso as hers were around his. He pulled, trying to pry her arms from around him, a couple fists to her exposed sides. Needed to get that jetpack off her. One hand grabbed her belt, while the other reached to unclip the pack.

Anna Carden Anna Carden

Successfully grabbing him, she continued the tackle into a pin onto the wall, slamming onto it while the jetpack proceeded to roar with flames. Surprisingly, the impact did not knock the man unconscious, as he continued to struggle. The room's not long enough to build up speed, it seems.

"Oof!" She exclaimed as punches connected to her sides; could definitely feel them hitting between the armor plates. The Red Raven retaliated by unleashing a flurry of punches to the man's stomach. There's too little distance to make any meaningful powerful strike, but every hit should count.

It was too late when Anna noticed that his hands were reaching her back, trying to mess with the jetpack. Once detached from the control, the jetpack stopped firing and fell onto the floor making a banging sound. "...You!" The huntress growled, quickly creating some space between them by jumping one step backwards once she lost the advantage. Pulling out the blaster from her holster, she tried to aim it towards Atin before suddenly a stool hit the back of her helmet hard.

The kriffing Trandoshan.

Atin clawed at the jetpack, finally finding purchase enough to wrench off the woman's back, the flames sputtering and dying as the pack hit the floor with a loud clang! The chakaar was scrappy, Atin could not deny her that. Somehow, she'd held on even as Atin delivered more blows to her sides, surely having left her battered and in pain. But pain meant nothing to a mandalorian, did it not? She was not just another mark. She was Mando'ade.

The Raven backed off before Atin could grab at her belt and lift her. Small as she was, she was quicker than he was, and her hand reached for her blaster. Atin reflexively went to dodge out of the way, but before even that could happen another clang, this time resounding with much more force. The woman's body crumpled to the ground in a heap of poorly painted red metal, while the trandoshan stood over her, breathing heavily with a metal stool in hand. Together, their eyes drifted from the Raven to each other.
"So. What now?" Atin asked. "Can't let you kill my acquisition. Need her alive."
"I don't kill her, you'll let me go?"
"Bounty's on her head, not yours."
The trandoshan hissed, nodded his head in agreement. "We ever meet again, I owe you one." As much as Atin hated to admit it, that could have been a much longer, harder fight if the lizard hadn't stepped in. With a groan, Atin grabbed the magnacuffs from his belt and fastened them to the woman's wrists. Yep. Definitely broke a couple ribs...

---​

Aboard the Nomad Brave...

Well, it had taken slightly longer than Atin would have liked, but he'd managed to drag the Raven, Carden, back to his ship through the mud-slicked streets and tossed her into the holding cell. Her weapons? Safely locked away in the armory, alongside the myriad of gear he knew to be attached to beskar. He hadn't missed anything. At least he hoped not. Everything was stowed safely away, except for one thing. Her helmet, now sitting on the dash of the ship's console, black visor staring back at him as he booted up the engines. When did the face of the Taung become so foreign to him? When did he forget who he was, where he came from? How could he have let those hut'uun take that from him? Was he even Mando'ade himself anymore? He did not know, nor did he dare to go home and find out.

The engines roared to life, and the ship rattled as it took to the skies, breaking atmosphere and entering space, as it had done so many times before. Just a hyper-skip and a jump and he'd be home, acquisition in hand. Job, almost done.

Anna Carden Anna Carden

The blow to the back of her head was hard and unexpected, even if most of the shock was absorbed by the helmet. She tried hard to keep her eyes open, but eventually, she would still fall down limp onto the ground, losing consciousness completely.

How heavy was that bar stool really...

---​

Feeling the cold surface of the ship's cell on her cheek, Anna grunted as she tried to sit up, only to notice that her hands were cuffed together. Great. How long had she been out cold? She could hear the soft hum of the engine of the ship, so they were probably already in space. Not good, not good at all.

Trying to scan her surroundings, the Raven zoned out for a while before realizing that she didn't even have her helmet. "Dank farrik," she cursed under her breath. No helmet, no weapons, no flamethrower, no grappling hook. Looks like the guy knew how to properly disarm a Mando'ade...

Or maybe he can be reasoned with. Better at least try that than to see whatever she'll face a half-million-bounty. Again, how the hell did the number get bloated so high, anyway?

"Heeey!" Anna banged the wall of the cell several times making noise, while calling out to the ship owner. "Hey!"

The console beeped incessantly at Atin. Not that he needed it to be notified of the loud banging and muffled calls from the holding cell beneath him. Edge's sake, she had a set of lungs on her, didn't she? The bounty hunter did his best to ignore the captured mark and he calls for whatever the hell it was she probably wanted. Old bathroom trick, probably.

Set course. The vibrations from her banging the walls reverberated through his feet. Double check parameters. He could still hear her shouting, clear as day. In fact, half the Rim probably could have. Finally, Atin broke. Or bent a little. "Shut the hell up down there," his voice came over the intercom. "I'm not letting you out of there until we reach the receiver. What you do after I hand you off isn't any of my business, so sit tight and shut up."

Ah, finally. Silence.

Boom!

The ship rocked back and forth as an explosion went off near the aft of the ship. A pair of small, nimble TIE Fighters flew overhead, dangerously, threatening low to Atin's cockpit. "Nomad Brave, this is the PDS Obsidian. Surrender Anna Carden to us. Now. Our contract states 'dead or alive', and we have no qualms with blowing you of the sky." The voice came over the intercom just as a small frigate, still larger than anything the corvette Brave could take on, also flew in overhead, listing till her port side guns were all aimed directly at the Nomad Brave. PDS. Phalanx Defence Solutions. Former Imperials turned mercenary company, if Atin recalled correctly. Remenant "PDS Obsidian, Nomad Brave. I'm afraid this bounty's been tagged and bagged. All that's left is delivery. You have no claim here, I can't just hand her over to you. If you'd like to lodge a complaint, contact my fixer." They weren't going to like that. Not that it mattered much. Shields had booted, hyperspace coordinates were punched in and drive was set.

"Nomad Brave, this is your last warning. Surrender the bounty to us, or be destroyed."
"Sorry boys..."
Atin muttered underbreath. "But we're outta here." Atin pushed the hyperdrive's 'go' button, and the drive began to power up. And then sputter and die. Nothing. "Kark, not good."

The first of the massive turbolasers screamed by, grazing the shielding as the two TIE fighters engaged, three more ejecting from the belly of the PDS frigate. Atin gunned the engines and flipped the vessel upside down suddenly. The start of a merry chase.

Atin wracked his brain. Hyperdrive failure. Why? That warning shot must've damaged it, a lucky shot for them. Not so lucky for him. Green bolts began to fly past the Nomad Brave, one striking the port wing and jostling the whole vessel.

Options? Fight it out? Winning meant scoring the bounty and a huge boost in reputation. No good if he was dead though. Outnumbered, outgunned, a suicide plan. Surrender and give up Carden? Would ensure he'd live. Maybe. No paycheck, and would damage his reputation, not something he could afford now. Last option...

Atin's voice came over the intercom. "Can you fly?"

Anna Carden Anna Carden

"Hmph!"

Realizing that it's pointless to argue with the guy. She proceeded to kick the wall for the last time, before exhaling and deciding to just sit down and conserve her energy. Opportunity to escape will come...

Boom!

Okay, not that soon. The Carden luck strikes again.

"What was that?!"

Knowing how much her head is worth right now, other bounty hunters; or worse, mercs. The kinds of them do not adhere to the bounty hunter code of old. Well, it's not like everyone's part of the Bounty Hunters' Guild nowadays, but it's still like the unwritten rules for everyone. The question still remains: who did she piss off to have multiple third-party brokers on her tail?

She would hear the jump drive being engaged, but when the huntress thought that they were finally safe, the drive just died. Another pair of turbolaser shots came their way before the roaring sounds of full-force engine blast echoed through the ship. Few moments later, a voice came out of the intercom.

"Can you fly?"

"Mister, do I look like I hitch rides to hunt?"
Anna scoffed at the intercom. "Jatnese be te jatnese." The best of the best. A little bit of overselling, but if there's anything she's proud of, it's that she's among the best pilots in the Enclave.

"I'll take that as a yes," Following that, the lock on the holding cell was quickly released, with an addition of an extra instruction."Get your ass up here or they'll kill us both."

Anna quickly left the cell and was met with her greatest foe yet; a ladder. Although short, climbing a ladder while still being electronically handcuffed was not an easy feat. After several painful seconds, she somehow arrived at the cockpit. The Raven noticed her helmet, but it's not her priority right now. Walking up to the side of the pilot seat, she nudged Atin's right shoulder with her elbow to gain his attention.

"Handcuffs."

Atin didn't know if he capture was really as good as she said, or if she just had an inflated ego. Either way, he needed the extra hands. If only they could get here a little faster! There was only so much the mandalorian could do to avoid the harrowing barrage of fire coming from the five TIE Fighters chasing after him. The Brave was a fast ship, but it couldn't outrun a TIE, and the way they swarmed around the ship, they knew it too. Every moment, it felt more and more like they were coraling him back towards the frigate.

Atin jerked the ship violently to the left as another green turbolaser sailed on by, nearly taking out the shield generator. "Handcuffs," the all too feminine voice said to his right. Atin glanced over at her. No more than a glance, focus on not dying. Atin growled in annoyance as he sat up slightly and reached into his back pocket, quickly tossing the keys at the woman. "Hurry, distribute power to the shields and weapons. Take it from the engines if you need to, we're not outrunning these guys."

Anna Carden Anna Carden

Catching the keys, Anna quickly tried the first key of the bunch, and it was the actual right key. Throwing the cuffs somewhere to the back, she assessed the conditions by looking at the flight computer screen and outside the viewport.

Five modified TIE fighters.

"Hurry, distribute power to the shields and weapons. Take it from the engines if you need to, we're not outrunning these guys."

"No, you go do that. I'll fly the ship." Suddenly, the Raven grabbed Atin's collar, pulling him and trying to push him toward the co-pilot seat to the side while claiming the pilot seat for herself. The small-framed woman had quite a power for her size. "Leave at least twenty percent in the engine. I'll buy time while you shoot down those TIEs."

Once in the seat and ignoring whatever complaint the guy had, the Mandalorian Huntress took two seconds to familiarize herself with the controls. The first thing she did was to quickly kill the engine, turning the other way, and then she fired the thrusters full force toward the PDS frigate. "We'll play around the big one. They can't risk shooting their own ships."

Of course, the frigate has its own weapon systems and they risk getting rained down by laser cannons, but she's more than confident to at least make one TIE fighter a friendly fire casualty.

From inside one of the TIE fighters, its pilot's brow raised in both confusion and surprise as their target moved back and forth randomly, and at strange angles and in directions that shouldn't be possible, despite not once breaking their pursuer's lines of sight. "Uh you seein' this?"
"Yyyyup."
"Do we...shoot?"
"Guess so."

Inside the Brave, Atin gagged and choked as the woman yanked on his shirt collar. He was too big for her to move him on his own, but aided by Atin's desire not to be choked out, she managed to at least pull him away from the pilot's chair as he fumbled the controls and made the ship shudder in a decidedly unsettling manner. "This is my ship!" Atin shouted between cloughs as the woman slid into his seat without even a glance. "Ah, rangir, fine!" Back on his feet and butt planted in what should have been her chair, Atin began to reroute power, taking some from the engines and pushing it to shields and weapons.

The Brave wasn't exactly built for hauling around a crew. Or at least, it wasn't now. Almost all of its guns and missiles were now forward facing, Atin never had a need for anything else. Except for the one lone swivel-mounted turbo laser on its belly he'd kept 'just in case'.

The Brave flipped over violently, nearly throwing Atin from his seat again, before launching forward. By the time that Atin regained his bearings and was manning weapons again, the frigate was already in the view port. "We'll play around the big one. They can't risk shooting their own ships."
"
You haven't fought a lot of Imperials, have you?"
Atin said as he fired at the TIEs on their tail.

Anna Carden Anna Carden

"You haven't fought a lot of Imperials, have you?"

"No, I haven't. What's that got to do with..." A green light flashed in front of them. "EH???" Anna yelled in confusion as she banked the flight stick to the left, narrowly evading the turbolaser cannon the frigate shot at them. The formation of TIEs behind them dispersed for a while, before regrouping back and continued shooting at them. "They almost grazed one of their own!"

Well, it looks like she somehow put them in the worst possible position, literally between lasers. Looking for a way to get out of this situation, the maneuver she always does with her Fang-Fighter came to her mind. Probably harder to do in a corvette, but worth a try. She snapped her fingers, trying to get Atin's attention to let him know what she was trying to do.

"Ready the frontal guns. Watch me now."

The right engine didn't work as it should, probably that's what the first explosion was. But she only needed one thruster to pull this move, anyway. Cutting the power to the right half of the ship engines and putting the exact thrust required to turn the ship diagonally 180 degrees toward the pursuing TIE fighters while fully preserving their original inertia towards the frigate, the five fighters are now in front of their sight, exposed to the might of all the front-facing weapons.

"Lock targets, open fire!"

Jiggling the ship a little bit while they were still moving backward at a constant speed to reduce the chance of getting hit by the turbolaser behind them, Anna could only hope that they could clear out the pursuing TIEs before the PDS broke their shield.

"You haven't fought a lot of Imperials, have you?"
"No, I haven't. What's that got to do with..."
"Bank right."
"EH???"

Atin swore he could almost hear metal shearing off the wing of his ship as the woman flew right towards certain death. "They almost grazed one of their own!" Carden said, seemingly actually surprised by the fact.
"Yeah. Imps don't usually care too much about friendly fire." Atin kept his eyes on the scanner, watching as the TIEs broke formation just before another turbo-laser blast flashed at them. "These mercs seem a little more careful about it though." Honestly, Atin was kind of impressed by both TIEs and gunners.

The snap drew Atin's eyes away from the scanners for just a brief moment, glancing over at the would-be acquisition before going back to the scanners, and managing the power supply. "Yeah?"
"Ready the frontal guns. Watch me now."

This time Atin actually looked up from the scanner at Carden. "What? Are you planning on shooting the frigate?" the man asked in confusion before suddenly lurching back into his seat as Carden pulled some maneuver that put the TIEs right in front of them. Almost wide-eyed, Atin looked at her, a hint of admiration hiding somewhere on his otherwise dour face before Carden's voice pulled him back into reality.

"-open fire!"

Lasers boomed as the Brave's twin guns began to light up the incoming TIE fighters. The first two, caught so off-guard by the gutsy maneuver, headly reacted as the turbo-lasers tore apart their unshielded ships. The third just wasn't fast enough to get away. That left two more. Each pulled up, one going left and the other right, splitting up, probably trying to catch the bounty hunter vessel in a pincer maneuver. "Punch the gas, we gotta get away from the frigate!"

Anna Carden Anna Carden

"What? Are you planning on shooting the frigate?"

"Nope."

It worked. None of the TIEs expected this maneuver as a pair of them quickly burst into flames. The third one wasn't fast enough to escape the barrage, but there were still two left. Judging by the colors on the wings, the remaining pair might be the better pilots out of the five. This is just gonna get harder.

"Punch the gas, we gotta get away from the frigate!"

"On it!"

To avoid fighting against inertia, Anna maneuvered the Brave back toward its original trajectory, altering the path a bit to sneak below the enemy frigate where there were fewer weapon systems. The modified TIE fighters were already on both sides, firing more laser cannons than they expected from Imperial starfighters. Trying her best to avoid the lasers, few eventually made contact with the corvette, shaking the entire ship with an explosion.

Quickly recovering, the huntress looked down at the computer to see a flashing red light. "Dank farrik, shields are down!" Trying to put more thrust, she was surprised as the vessel seemingly slowed down instead. "Wait..." She came to a realization "... Tractor beam?"

With only one engine, even if they redirected all the powers to the thrust they would be still getting pulled back. She searched for just about anything on the dashboard, in case he installed countermeasures or some hidden gadgets on his ship.

"Not good, not enough propulsion. Try to shoot the generator or something."

The Brave curved and spiralled, angling itself beneath the belly of the beast. Green light played with Atin's vision as he maneuvered the lone rear-turret into position, attempting to catch one of the TIEs in his crosshairs. Finally, the targeting computer locked on, flashing red as the crosshairs began to follow the TIE Fighter across the screen.

Boom!

The ship lurched as one of their wings were struck. But something was still wrong. The ship wasn't moving the way it should, and that shuddering jolt hadn't been from the impact of a turbo laser. The thrusters roared, or sputtered depending on which engine it was, but the Brave hardly budged at all. Actually, it seemed to be moving backwards. "Not good, not enough propulsion. Try to shoot the generator or something."
"I'm working on it,"
Atin growled in frustration. He had no good angle on the tractor field generators, but he fired the cannons anyways, only to watch as the lasers ablated across the frigate's hull uselessly.

"No use, I can't get a bead on them." Standing up, Atin grabbed the Raven's helmet and shoved it into her hands. "Put that on." Walking towards the back of the ship, the man gestured for her to follow. "These guys, they don't take their marks in alive." Unlocking a door, it hissed open, revealing a small armory of sorts. A small array of weapons and armor, blasters, vibroblades, capture equipment, even a few slugthrowers. "Which means, if you want to keep living, we need to deal with them. Together." Atin went to another locker and pulled something from them, shoving those too into Carden's hands. "Tion'suvarir?"

Anna Carden Anna Carden

"Put that on."

"Eh?"
The dumbfounded huntress had no choice but to wear back her helmet and followed the guy to the back of the ship. There, he revealed a stash of weapon, including a locker where he kept her weapons and equipment. Having no choice but to work together for once, she nodded. "Narudar, for now."

Maybe she'll get her chance to escape in the middle of chaos.

While the ship was slowly hauled into the hangar bay by the tractor, Anna prepared to lead a direct assault against the mercenary company, re-equipping her jetpack, wrist flamethrower, and grappling hook. The Brave landed with a thud, and a booming voice came out of a man who was already waiting outside, dressed in decorated Imperial Officer garb. Must be his pride of the past.

"Bring Anna Carden out and we'll let you off with a warning."

Air pressure was released as the entry ramp gradually lowered, but no one was coming out. Multiple blaster rifles were trained on it by the PDS soldiers, but no one was expecting a sudden charge from an armored mandalorian, flying full speed down and straight with her flamethrower lighting up the ground around her, before hiding behind a small cargo box.

"You want me, here I am." She announced, pulling out her DC-15 blaster pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom