Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing Complicated About A Drink

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail peered at Zaiden. Oh yeah. "I was totally wasted at that party.... didn't remember you, Zaiden, right?" Mikhail raised his eyebrows and shrugged, drinking more of the whiskey. It burned down his throat smoothly. Zaiden had been an apprentice then, if Mikhail remembered correctly. The man seemed more powerful now. More... tested. Interesting.

Interesting. Import and export could be a useful trade to know someone in. Nodding his head once after he’d heard Monty’s response Ronan would turn his head so that he could look at Jak when the man admitted that he did some smuggling as well. Smugglers could also be useful, especially when a man was in need of transportation though Ronan imagined he could also make a deal with Monty if the time ever arrived when he, himself, needed to be exported off world securely. As it stood Ronan remained mostly silent, listening to the two men, while he remained seated at the table his eyes shifting between both Monty and Jak.

When the atmosphere of the room seemed to darken it drew Ronan’s eyes towards the entrance of the cantina where he saw a man, Zaiden, enter and approach the bar before ordering a drink. It didn’t take long before the newcomer had started towards their table as well causing Ronan to take notice of the obvious force usage displayed when the man caused his cup to levitate beside him. Looking at him Ronan remained silent, tilting his head to the side, before finally offering a...

“Interested in playing.”

...it was easy to see the man was watching Monty deal the cards but that he didn’t know the rules of the game. Nothing wrong with that; Ronan was an adept player himself though he enjoyed winning a few games now and then. Then without a word the man, Zaiden, would have turned and walked away after another newcomer had entered and approached the bar. As he turned his gaze towards the bar Ronan would be able to see the new man from where he sat in the booth though his observation remained largely brief and inconspicuous. Ronan need only look long enough to discern a few things about the individual he was staring at and then his eyes turned away.

Glancing, too, at Jacen and the woman he’d move towards in an effort to coax her back to the booth Ronan would smirk briefly before looking back between Jak and Monty when he said...

“Doesn’t look like he had much luck.”

...just an observation on his part as Jacen hadn’t come back to the booth or the three of them with his quarry in tow, at least not yet, but the encounter was still young and given time Jacen might find a bit of success.

There wasn’t much for conversation at the moment which suited Ronan just fine seeing as how he was no social butterfly however after a time he had started to consider several different possibilities which lead to him turning his head so that he could watch Monty more closely...

“Import and export must need some protection.”

...which wasn’t an offer per say though Ronan did do a good job of subtly making inquiries that might have gained him a bit of information. Always beneficial to make contacts as well. Ronan wasn’t usually one for Mercenary work seeing as how he preferred the role of Bounty Hunter or Assassin but if the price was right he could be persuaded on a contract basis. He’d learned that being a Free Agent definitely had its own perks with allies, and enemies, on multiple sides of the fence.

Monty felt the darker presence and was becoming very intrigued as to why so many darksiders had congregated in such a small space. Maybe the force had a purpose for it? Or not. Monty continued to play.

@[member="Ronan Dyre"]

"You'd be correct in that assumption Mr. Ronan, though I have plenty more would always be welcome, though we only deal in long term contracts. Loyalty is very important to my business." He said with a grin, as he lit a cigar.

"As for you smuggler, men of your profession are another necessity." Monty said while motioning to Jak. @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Matreya

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

"Yep. Thats me. How are you doing?" Zaiden questioned, trying to start a polite conversation in such a boring hole. He took a deep swallow of his Bourbon again and reached into his pocket to fish out his cigarettes which he then took one and lit.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
@[member="Monty Jusik"] @[member="Ronan Dyre"]

Jak took the cards offered to him. As he scanned his cards, he also examined the facial reactions of the other players. There would be little reaction this early in the game, but he checked anyway. And, for those who wished to know what his cards were, he gave a grinning smirk. He was no idiot. He had been playing cards with his little sister ever since she could shuffle a deck.

Jacen just nodded and smiled at the woman as she didn't take his hand, he did let her keep the drink. "Maybe we can talk later, when you aren't so riled up?" It was a thought, and the Sith Apprentice left her be. Instead he saw that quite a group had formed over at the booth he had reserved, so he sauntered over there. Reaching through the darkness he felt more kindred spirits, and judging by what he saw he liked a few of them. There were a few that stood out, that he knew he wouldn't like, but one seemed to be as proud of himself as Jacen was. Emerald eyes scanned the man, as his Force senses felt for his aura. There was a void of darkness, and a world's worth of rage there. If he's not a kindred spirit, then I have no idea what one could be. A grin crossed his face as he made his way over to the table and stood near the man, and listened to him talk about a party.

After another moment, Jacen stuck his hand out to him.

"Names Jacen Cavill, I think we are on the same team. What brings you to Corellia?"

In the dark, he amplified his signature. Trying to let his rage burn bright, so that the man could feel the fire that burned within him.

@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Lord Ghoul

L
Pale blue eyes stared at the hand. "Mikhail Shorn. Germaphobe." Smirk.

Suspect apprentices had introduced themselves before in a like manner. Zaiden, namely. He once received a similar reception. Honestly, no one seemed to understand how dangerous handshakes could be. Shorn took another drink of his whiskey. Not bad. Could be better. He felt a flare of rage from Jacen. He rolled his eyes. He couldn't tell if the man was trying to impress him, show him he was a Sith, or was just pissed that Mikhail hadn't shaken his hand.

"Alright, alright. I get it. You're a Sith too. Good for you." Or not.

The idea of conversing with yet another grandeur deluded, cliche Sith disgruntled Mikhail. They all stumbled over each other, backstabbing in pursuit of power and position in pointlessly vindictive vendettas for personal glory. Shorn hoped this man proved an untypical Sith. For his sake. He had little patience these days. Patience was a virtue. And virtue - in the Empire - was a sin. Killing his former love and then murdering her family had turned Mikhail Shorn into a hollow shell of a man. Whatever light still burnt within him was one of inhuman nature. Grotesque and deformed. He was an apathetic semblance of a human being. Nothing more.

"Well, Jacen, that's a very long, very boring story that ends with a blood soaked waitress and a dead South Systems Syndicate spy."

Mia's eyes flicked over the newcomer, from his ice blue eyes down to the saber at his hip. Her knuckles went white as she squeezed the glass tightly. She shouldn't make the assumption that this one was a sith. It was a foolish one to make. Turning back to face the bar again she bowed her head holding the glass with both hands, her fingernails drumming uncontrollably on it as she closed her eyes and drew in several deep breaths trying to keep the red at bay.

She would not allow Daxton's damage to rule her life. She refused to allow the hallucination take place though she could feel it at the edge of her mind pushing against her will, his laughter like a whisper on the wind. She shuddered opening her eyes she realised the drumming on her glass had stopped.

"Alright, alright. I get it. You're a Sith too. Good for you."

A strangled laugh escaped Mia and she knocked back the last of the whisky. "Chakaar dar'jetii. You shabuirs show up all over the place." She didn't look up from her glass, picking it up she turned it upside down and set it down with a loud clink, before picking it up and righting it again. She continued this rotation vaguely aware of the barman watching her with wide eyes.

Clink, Clink, Clink

"What really annoys me about you shabuirs," she continued feeling the red sight creeping in at the edges of her vision "Is that you think you own everything..."

Clink, clink, CRACK

She blinked watching as the blood ran down the palm of her hand onto the bar top pulling the shard of glass from her hand she drew in a shuddering breath, focusing on the pain trying desperately to keep the haze at bay.

Matreya

At the boys slight flared his anger, Zaiden grinned and unleashed his own rage, only a portion since hdidn't wish to risk incidentnt. The air around them began to darken, energy seemed to crackle in the very air itself, and the bottles on the bar began to shake. He let it die away slowly, until the only sign he was there was the darkness in the air that seemed to always accompany the man.

"Trust me. No display of power, nor show of respect will earn a response from Shorn, when your a man whose done dark things, you go one of two ways. Cruel yet treat life like its a game, like myself or begin to hate everyone and everything like Shorn here." he was going to continue when Zaiden spotted the woman with a broken glass. "Having an issue are we? Can't handle our liquor?"

With that Zaiden force pulled his last drink from his glass, through the air and into his mouth. "Another." He said looking at the bartender before turning back to the bleeeding woman.
@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Mikhail Shorn"] @[member="Jacen Cavill"]

@[member="Monty Jusik"], @[member="Jak Sandrow"], @[member="Mia Monroe"]

While Ronan had turned his attention towards the bar where Jacen had left the woman and was now conversing with the newcomers he did turn his eyes back towards Monty when he mentioned that protection was always needed but that he only dealt in long term contracts and that loyalty was important to him. Nodding his head once Rona would signify that he understood Monty's point of view however that didn't cause him to hesitate when he replied...

"To bad. You and I can always do business in the short term Monty. Keep it in mind if you ever had a job that needs to be done but that you don't want your name attached to."

...and he knew that jobs like that existed. There was always someone who needed a rival or obstacle to disappear but didn't want anyone else knowing that they were involved and it was usually these types of operations that Ronan excelled in. Of course Monty made an impression; he was young, charismatic and well connected which meant Rona would keep him in mind if he ever wanted a steady allegiance. As it stood Ronan looked between Monty, who had lit a cigar, and Jak before looking at his own cards and folding. Not very good at playing cards.

Taking his glass of whiskey Ronan would finish it before setting the glass back down on the table and then looking back in the direction the bar. When he saw the attractive woman, Mia, whose name he didn't know yet begin to speak to the men as well he would watch curiously. Observing from the booth with Jak and Monty as she turned the glass in her hand until it broke and she'd cut herself causing blood to run from the wound that had been left behind. At a distance it didn't look like the woman was welcome amongst the men though that hadn't stopped her from interjecting and he wondered how that would play out for her and whether the group at the bar might come to blows depending on the reactions of everyone in the vicinity.

Watching from the booth Ronan would have also seen the air darken, crackling with energy, around the bar area while the bottles could be heard shaking briefly before it all died away and he gave a groan...

"Force Users."

...his comment obviously directed to at least one of the men at the bar and neither of the men he was sitting with...

"Do any of them know of subtlety."

...clearly Ronan wasn't impressed by the show of power from where he sat considering it a gross and vulgar display that often would have been used to intimidate and cow the will of the weak minded. Shame that it had come to that.

"Oh, I'm sorry" She said sarcastically to Shorn as she pulled the shard of glass out from her hand and grabbed a napkin to press against the wound "I forgot how much you people love to have pissing contests with each other."

She rolled her eyes and nodded to the bartender for another drink when another one spoke to her. Mia moved with incredible speed, pulling her blaster from its holster to rest the barrel against Zaiden's temple. "Tell me something, dar'jetii. Can you dodge a blaster bolt at point blank range?"

"Easy, Monroe." came the bartenders voice. Mia ignored him.

"I don't think you can. I strongly suggest you think carefully about who you insult. I'm not drunk, I'm angry and you people only serve to make my blood boil even more. Dar'jetii or not I will ruin you, if you speak to me again." Removing her blaster barrel from his temple, she snatched up the waiting drink and moved to find herself a quiet booth.

Matreya

Zaiden chuckled, waiting till she moved back to bring his Shadow Dagger into the light, from where it had rested against her kidney for a moment. "Your not the only one who can do fancy quick movements. If I had wished this would have been in your heart without a movement of my hand." With a tip of his head, Zaiden force pushed the drink out of her cup.

"Oh im sorry. My Pissing contest wasn't over yet." With that he spit at her feet, and took another drink from the glass set in front of him by the bartender.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

@[member="Ronan Dyre"]
"Only the intelligent ones." Monty said with a chuckle as he laid his cards on the table. He may contact the man if he ever needed someone with ties to himself eliminated, for the purpose of being subtle.

John sat on the stool by the counter of the Cantina downing a shot of whiskey as he watched the Mandalore's scene. "Women always love to make a scene when they aren't getting all the attention..." he muttered under his breath as he signaled the bartender for another drink. John spun around on his seat and leaned on the bar as he lit up a cigarette, it wasn't very common to see a man smoking anymore but it was a slight 'Hobby' of John's and he always liked to hold an accesory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom