Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nothin' A Little Polish Couldn't Fix

Achani Raxis

A

It was a rumor.

That's how it always started though, right? Someone sees something, someone tells someone else, and the next thing you know it's half the galaxy knows. Lucky for her, no one seemed to really care about this particular whisper. But she had a feeling, had a feeling there was something good. Something here could help her in her quest, or at least get her some credits or something.

And so Achani found herself on the verdant world of D'Qar, probably much to the dismay of her family. But, they didn't seem to have cared that much about her anyways. The Resistance of old was heavily invested in the world. Well, kind of, at least. They lost it. And now it rested in the Confederacy's hands. She was glad her little mini-freighter sneaked by to land on the planet without causing any commotion.

The door to the ship was open and she sat as her boots rested on the ground, her eyes dazed over the ruins that laid before her. It went underground, which made her nervous. Who knew what kinda plants had made their homes inside the large, overgrown ruins? Animals? Who knew. She sighed as she rubbed the tip of the blaster on her hip. "This is going to be fun," she muttered as she sighed.

Her hair had some braids, but mostly was pulled back. She wore grey, somewhat tights jeans along with a loose shirt that had flowers draped over it. Comfortable, yet fashionable. Woop.

Rumors were such fun little things weren't they. Some were totally true and nobody believed it, and ended up making it false, some were false in the first place but their spread brought about something interesting, sometimes they were about half true and you just needed to figure out which half. Funo had gotten used to that. If there was one thing that he did a lot of, it was study. And sometimes that study was done well off world, in this case, on the planet D'Qar. He set down his ship, small relatively speaking. Mainly just cause it didn't fit more then him, his droid, and a potential second passenger. At least, safely. Could probably be fitted for people instead of cargo but he hadn't done that.

The Jedi hopped out of the cockpit breathing in the air. He was not wearing anything particularly unusual. He had his saber Wuli at his side of course. A Jedi should avoid being without their weapon. His master would say that. Though, he didn't exactly obey that. He was pretty sure that his master used the lightsaber almost exclusively when training him. He held a hand out over his eyes, the force aiding his vision to see far into the distance. Ruins. He wanted to see if there was something here of particular interest to him as a Jedi. Or more correctly, as a Historian. He wasn't a librarian exactly, but he'd made quite a number of records about his discoveries and searchings. He loved to analyze things, whether it was the force or just the passing of society and time.

"What a lovely day isn't it?" He said to no one in particular gazing into the distance before he began to walk.

Well, this was awkward.

Kahlil glanced out the window of the Bastion to the ruins below as he entered the atmosphere. The stone in his hand glowed ever so faintly, pulsing a bit here and there. A steady, slow rhythm. One that picked up the closer his ship reached the surface. The Knight let out a sigh, nodding once to R6 as he got up from the pilot's seat. "Be ready to flee. I don't think anyone else has found this place yet for the same reason, but if they had there's little chance they won't be hostile."

An affirmative beep. Kahlil let out a heavy sigh, rubbing the back of his neck as he made his way to the exit ramp. At east [member="Dominic Shiro"] would be here to watch his back. Hopefully, that was a good thing.

"We'll try to be peaceful, yeah? I'd like to avoid a fight here. I don't think what's within will take kindly to violence."

Dominic wandered to the exit ramp, waiting for it to extend, the planet below the ship seemed to resonate with some sort of strange energy, similar to the force but different in how it flowed through his body. It almost felt thicker, like there was a larger collection of it on this planet specifically. As the he lingered on the feeling he both saw and heard the door open infront of him. Stepping out onto the platform, he raised his hand above his eye's to shield them from the wind, Though the likelihood was he wasn't going to stay there for very long.​
He looked over the edge, watching the scenery go by until his eyes caught sight of a small ship on the planet's surface. Naturally curiosity got the better of him, and so with almost no thought, he activated his comm and spoke directly to [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]. "Hey you ever hear of the Shyyyo bird? Cause here comes it's cousin, the Shiro bird!" Not a second after the worst pun he had ever made, he leapt from the platform and dove toward the ship he had spotted. He had done this before, so he had little worry in his mind and instead focused on timing his decent properly.​
Thankfully he managed to slow himself enough, landing a few metres away from the ship. A small freighter lay infront of him. Scorch marks on the engines and around the ship, likely from the engines, indicating someone had only just arrived.​
[member="Civ"] [member="Achani Raxis"]​

Achani Raxis

A
Achani stood up from the entrance, slamming the door shut to her little home away from home. A backpack now rested on her back, although she adjusted the straps slightly. Enough food and supplies to last, well, hopefully long enough to get into the ruins, get the artifact, and get the heck out of dodge. It would be a rush, especially if others showed up. And if they did...

She definitely just jinxed it. She scowled as she spotted another ship zooming towards the ruin, likely to make landfall somewhere nearby. With a deep sigh, she entered into a brief jog as she kept one hand ready on her pistol. Since others were showing up, who knew how many others would show up.

Her eyes, though, caught wind of someone jumping out of the ship? What in the world... She glared, realizing the danger he could pose. Achani bit her lip - leave her ship? It was locked, so he probably couldn't get in, right? She wasn't ready to fight someone, not already. She groaned, and decided to keep her pace towards the ruins.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Dominic Shiro"] [member="Achani Raxis"]

Funo's eyes were brought to the sky as he began to walk towards the ruins. And as he did...wait. He squinted his eyes, "Did that man just...leap out of the ship." he gritted his teeth. Well either they had something that was going to save them, they were going to be dead, or they were going to be severely injured. Either way he needed to get over there soon. The mans destination was between him and the ruins. Well this was going to be quite the jog, best to get going.

The Mirialan set off into a run, taking advantage of his natural mobility to take the straightest path possible. Keep pace, keep direction, keep running. Man, he shook his head as he began to pass the ruins. Just have to check this out later. Regardless of what the result was that man just jumped from a ship so something had to be going on.

However his run slowed down slightly as he realized he saw someone approaching the ruins from the other side as well. Except they were moving away from the...falling man. "Excuse me! Don't suppose you know where that person just...fell to exactly?" he asked waving his left hand towards the woman. "I'm a Jedi, just trying to see if I can help!" he said slowing down a good bit as he was getting closer, "Hard to be sure exactly what they were...aiming for I was kind of a good distance away."

"The what." Disappointment crosses Kahlil's face as he hears the pun, though it's quick to change to concern as [member="Dominic Shiro"] jumps out of the Bastion. Surprise keeps him from reacting in time as he reaches to in vain to catch the boy. "Wai- Oh for f.. R6! Follow him down!" A confused beep as Kahlil backs up to take a running jump out of the ship.

"I don't care if it's seen as hostile the idiots gonna get himself killed!" And he jumps out after Dominic. There's a string of words that shouldn't be spoken as he dives right down to the boy, though blinks in surprise as he seems to slow himself. Kahlil does much of the same, letting the Force swell in such a way it stops him as the Bastion soars close overhead before flying past.

R6 immediately starts chattering into the mic, obviously annoyed.

"Right right, I'm sorry. Just go land the shi- Hey don't use that tone with me. Ugh. Fine." He clicks off the com before turning to Dom, staring curiously down at the young force user.

"When'd you learn how to do that?"

[member="Civ"] [member="Achani Raxis"]

Achani Raxis

A
Achani's feet slid to a stop as she spotted the rather tall Mirialan. "Kark," she muttered as one foot barely dodged a branch that could have created a rather undelightful trip. He seemed fit, which meant he could probably hold a fight. Her hand reached for her blaster, her fingers covering the top part of it. She didn't quite pull it out yet.

She squinted her eyes towards the man, definitely in a rather suspicious way. He was concerned about someone falling down from the sky there, yet he was in the ruins just like her. Achani nearly rolled her eyes as he mentioned he was a Jedi. 'Just trying to help' could end up in all sorts of bad situations. Like if he found out who her family was, and if he was one of those Jedi...

"Dunno, they are probably still near there. You might could go check it out - a fall like that, probably resulted in some injury. I'm sure a Jedi could help," she commented with the most attempted smile of her life. If he would just go that way, that would at least give her some time to get into the ruins and hopefully put enough distance between her and... The situation that was hanging around her ship.

Ugh, her poor ship... They better not touch it.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Civ"] [member="Dominic Shiro"]

Dominic knelt down to inspect the ship closer, coming withing inches of touching it before he heard [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] land not too far behind him. He stood back up and retracted his hand. "Kessel was a rough day" Dominic answered his mentor's question with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice, though he quickly suppressed this, following up on his statement "But even so, I had a parachute then, I was doubting I could stop in time, But I just feel stronger here." He starred down at his hands and then looked behind him so he would face Kahlil directly.​
He gestured his head toward the ship behind him "Got any idea who it belongs to?"​
[member="Achani Raxis"] [member="Civ"]​

The woman began answering him, she seemed a bit concerned by his presence. But he wasn't going to judge her for that. He would however keep that in mind. She also seemed incredibly...well not so much caring about the matter. In a hurry to get moving rather then concerned about...he stared into the sky as she finished and furrowed his brow opening his mouth slightly..."...I just saw another one. Who is having diving lessons today?" he said throwing his arms out, "Thanks for your help!" he said one more time to her before racing off into the forest.

He would remember that. Just in case she was important. Right now though two people just fell from the sky. He got a much better look at the second one. He was also a bit more sure they had some way of landing now. But still believed he should check. His eyes peering through until he caught sight of them near a ship. Sure enough, on their feet. At least he assumed they were the two. One of them definitely looked like the second man that fell. They seemed to be talking, possibly about the ship. Naturally he had an easy assumption, well a few. Either the ship belonged to the woman, she stole it, or she did something on it. Either way he was pretty sure she had something to do with it.

Once again the 6'4" Mirialan waved his arm shouting to the two of them, "Excuse me! Did you two just freaking leap out of a ship?" he inquired moving to a slower pace as he began to get closer, "All friendly here, just trying to see if anyone needed help." he added holding up his hands to show there was no weapon on them. Only weapon he did have on him was his lightsaber.

[member="Dominic Shiro"]
[member="Achani Raxis"]
[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"No, but I'm sure you just terrified whoever it was. Don't just leap out of the ship towards a stranger." Kahlil scolded [member="Dominic Shiro"] for a moment, frowning at the young man. "You'll make enemies you could of had as friends. Always try to make friends first." He let out a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck as he glanced over to see [member="Civ"] rushing over. The 6'8" Epicanthix offered a friendly wave in apology.

"Yeah, we're okay. Just this young one being a slight idiot. I hope we didn't startle you. We're not here to rob your ship or anything."

[member="Achani Raxis"]

Achani Raxis

A
Achani glanced behind her, a bit confused herself. "That's... Actually pretty weird," she muttered as [member="Civ"] thanked her and started to run. She scratched the back of her head in a somewhat confused manner. They jumped right where her ship was, which meant it was purely coincidence or they had followed her or...?

Nah, she was being paranoid. Either way, she began to walk briskly towards the entrance to the ruins. At the entrance, with a very confusing entrance... Test? Puzzle? She stared at it for a moment as she sat down on a part of the rusting steel. Achani was a bit puzzled, but looked... Weird.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Dominic Shiro"]

Another scolding from [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], Exactly what Dom needed to get him through the day. "Well, now that I've scared them off, there's no need to make friends." He smirked slightly as he looked up to the Epicanthix. Hearing a voice from the distance, he turned to face [member="Civ"] who was asking of their recent stunt. "Yeah, pretty coo-" Before he could finish his sentence, Kahlil took over speaking to the individual before them. Dom took to looking around the ship, whether it was this person's ship or not, they couldn't criticize him for simply looking.​
When he reached the opposite side of the ship, he looked of into the distance, spotting a few ruins.They were here for the ruins anyway so might as well check them out He assumed the two were still otherwise occupied and took off toward the ruins with a light jog, utilizing the force to push his momentum further than he could normally. Along the way he found himself stumbling across multiple footprints, heading toward the same ruins he had in his sight. He slowed himself a slight bit. eventually coming to the border of the ruins, what an utter mess it was.​
Among the old buildings, he caught a glimpse of [member="Achani Raxis"], curious of what she was doing, he hid away in the shadows and simply watched.​

Funo looked at the two of them, one had been about to speak but the other, the taller one, ended up being the one to do so. Meanwhile the shorter of the two, the one he believed to be the first to jump from the ship, began looking at the ship. The tall one mentioned it being the action of the "young one." who Funo kept glancing to as he moved around the ship, and when [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] mentioned not being here to rob him of what he seemed to believe was his ship, Funo was pretty sure he had a good idea that the woman was the owner. Maybe she stole it? Maybe she was just afraid? Those seemed the most likely option. "Oh It's not my ship I just saw-" the "young one" ([member="Dominic Shiro"]) had taken off running in the direction Funo came from.

"Oh now hold on a second your young friend seems to be off again and I'm pretty sure he'll spook the owner if he isn't even more of a problem." He said already turning and getting into a fast stride. Setting into Art_of_Movement by instinct believing it would be best if he reached the young one sooner rather then later, using his existing superior agility to slip through the trees with even more ease then most Jedi would. He wouldn't be too far behind the younger one by the time he reached the girl ([member="Achani Raxis"]), "I'm afraid I can't be letting you sneak up on a young woman." he said crossing his arms as he landed from a leap off a tree. He did little to hide his presence to her unlike Dominic as he didn't care if she saw him or not. Though he didn't outright declare his presence to her as he was more focused on Dominic and the possibility of what his taller friend might do on the chance they weren't friendly.

Kahlil opens his mouth to speak, then [member="Dominic Shiro"] darts off again. The young Jedi audibly groans, ready to dart after him himself but [member="Civ"] already rushed off. He lets out a sigh, now slowly walking after the pair. Something good wasn't going to happen, but it would be best not to overwhelm the poor owner of the ship by having three Jedi up and arrive at such a fast speed.

[member="Achani Raxis"]

Achani Raxis

A
Achani stared at the entrance mechanism. It required some type of space magic to work. Someone with the Force - it was easy to tell by the symbols that darted across it. It was interesting that it wasn't a more common language, but she had seen them before. She sighed as she glanced back towards her ship. How long did she have before they showed up? Minutes, at best.

She placed her hand in the center and tried to call to the Force. She wasn't the best at it, nor really trained well much to her dismay, but she could try.

And fail, which is what she did. A loud groan as she stomped back, her eyes once again staring at the entrance mechanism. That supposedly Jedi dude could probably do it. But she had sent him on his way, which she now somewhat regretted. Why did this always happen to her?

She glanced back as she heard the voice of the green man once more. Someone was staring at her. Achani wasn't sure about either the green man or the other guy. She had her blaster, but the range would be a problem. She was upward on a hill - the ruins outwards appearances were upward on a hill, but burrowed deep into the belly of the mountain and surrounding areas.

Achani unholstered her gun as she leaned from the side of the marble-esq building. "Friendly?" She called out, unsure. And really, she wasn't quite sure if she could trust them even if they said they were. But the Funo guy... He didn't give her the bad vibes.

Civ Civ Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Dominic was somewhat startled by the sudden appearance of Civ, though overall, it's nothing he wasn't used to. He slightly shifted his gaze so he was now looking toward the floor. "Not sneaking up on her, I simply haven't made myself known yet. Am I going to though? No" The usual smug cocky attitude had returned, usually strongest when speaking to new people... Perfect...

He searched through the force to find out that Kahlil was still quite some way off. "What happened to Kahlil? Did he fall behind?"

Whilst waiting for a response he first heard the woman in front of him grabbing at her blaster followed shortly by a quick remark towards their hostility. "Depends who's asking, at the moment I'm feeling a slight bit hostile towards that blaster you've got in your hand."

Civ Civ Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Achani Raxis

Funo narrowed his eyes at Dominic's response about presumably not sneaking up on her and yet not intending to reveal himself. "I would not consider that a sufficient difference." He answered, having no response for the question on Kahlil as a moment after the woman had asked if they were friendly and held out a blaster. And then the man took yet another step towards questionable as he mentioned not liking the blaster in her hands. Civ, however, remained calm. Though he did make a fairly swift movement so that he was now between the man and the woman, "Sorry ma'am! It's me again, I seem to have found the two that leapt out of a ship. I don't mean to be any threat to you."

He turned to face the boy again raising his eyebrows and putting his hands on his hips, "And any sane woman would be grabbing for a weapon around here if some creep was sneaking up on them. So if everything was actually all out in the open that would be wonderful."

Holding out his hands he said loud enough for both Achani Raxis and Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro to hear, and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble if he was close enough by now, "I'm Master Funo Civ, I'm here because I'm fascinated by history, culture, and artifacts. And naturally ruins and temples are a great place for that sort of study. I have no intention of starting any fights, I just want to do mystery research like I usually do. If a fight does break out however, I intend to do my best to protect the people I find the most innocent. And resolve it with as little bloodshed as manageable." he stood glancing back and forth between the two giving a friendly, but concerned and warning, smile, and waiting for Kahlil to join the group if he did indeed intend on coming or staying behind.

Achani Raxis

A
Achani scowled at Dominic Shiro Dominic Shiro . "I'm feeling a bit hostile that you were snooping around my ship - and spying on me." She retorted. Despite the distance, she could tell he was young though. Probably around her age, maybe a little younger. She had to give him a pass, maybe. But she wasn't about to let some rando raid her ruin. Who knew what kind of wonders and mysteries awaited in here.

She patted a pocket to ensure her datapad was in it. Just to be sure. Achani took a good look at Civ Civ before sighing. She gave a nod - unsure if any of them could see it. She placed her blaster back in its holster. "No funny business," she commented sternly to the younger one with gave a smile towards Civ. "Thank you," she said with a smile.

"Achani Raxis. It's a pleasure to meet you, Master - and I'm glad to hear you're here as an intellectual and not some brute or barbarian who wants to sack the place." She visibly relaxed at his intention. "I'm an archaeologist myself. Here to take a look in the ruins, write about it, and figure out the who, why, when, and how of the place."

She paused, thinking for a moment. "Maybe you can help get us in? I think there is a special way to enter it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom