Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Not so fast

banner2.png

SPARKY
JEDI TEMPLE AND SURROUNDS | CORUSCANT
TAG: Aedric Aedric

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

CURE FOR ME

"Come on, sweetie."

Ceri was sitting on her haunches on the veranda leading into the Jedi Temple, trying to coax a feral Tooka to take the little snack she was holding out for it. But the cat was typically leery. And, well, Ceri didn't want to use the Force to influence the cat towards her. That just didn't feel right.

She'd always loved cats. Well, all animals really. But she used to have a tiny tabby on Chandrila before she was sent to the Order. She still what happened to her little kitty. That and having Eli's pup run around the ship they usually stayed on had her want a pet a again as well. Mirar filled the void, but she was still Eli's.

Now that she had a little break from cruising around in a ship, she'd been listening to music and nibbling on some cheese while chilling in the sun that fell onto the veranda of the Temple, when this little calico came slinking by. How could she ignore it? So the rest of the cheese was held out, trying to win the cat's trust.

But that was easier said than done.

And to top it off someone banged something over just inside the open doors of the Temple. The cat froze, one paw in the air, then turned and bolted.
"No. No! Come on!" Ceri called, jumping up to run after the cat. "Damnit!" She wasn't one to cuss often, but sometimes it called for it.

"I legit need help with this." she grumbled as she chased after it.

Aedric was not an animal person, in fact, he was quite possibly as far from an animal person as you could be. This wasn't due to any kind of fears, or opinions on animals, simply a lack of experience and exposure to them, so he simply did not care for them. Neither of his parents had a particular interest in animals, so he had never really been introduced to many. For that reason, when a cat darted out infant of Aedric, he was met with a sudden mix of emotions. He was somewhat intrigued by it, as its fur looked like it'd be soft to the touch and quite pleasant. However, equally he felt a touch of wariness around this surely mighty beast.

"Hello there." He said, failing to adopt any kind of pet voice. He lowered himself slightly, holding his hand out expectantly for it to approach, and sure enough it did. "Oh, wow. It must love me." He muttered, moving his hand out far too quickly to reach for it as it approached. The sudden reach out startled the cat, instrintively reaching up to scratch at the hand.

Aedric frowned at the cats sudden response, three neat cuts now on the back of his hand. They were hardly deep enough to bleed, only a small few drops welling to the surface. "It does not love me." He muttered stupidly, before going to reach out once again, at which point it hissed. The two almost seemed to be in a stand off, with Aedric holding his hand out towards the cat, and the cat hissing at him, as if threatening to scratch at him again.

Ceri Fraissi Ceri Fraissi

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

CURE FOR ME

Feral cats were difficult.

Ceri was still rushing after the cat. Of course it was faster than she was. Why couldn't she be a cat? She'd be faster then, at least. She wasn't fit enough for this yet. Maybe she should get Vaylaar D'artagnan Vaylaar D'artagnan to help her with some cardio exercises. He was far better at it than she was, after all. And it was less embarrassing asking another Padawan for help than it was asking a random master, seeing as her own master was out of town.

She'd just rounded a corner when she skidded to a stop. A boy had somehow stopped the cat but uh.....yeah.
"Hey! You're just gonna get scratched again. Not so fast!" she said although her tone was friendly. But as she spoke, the stalemate between the boy and the cat was shattered. Instinctively, she reached out through the Force to just calm the cat somewhat so that it didn't freak out on the boy.

Sure enough, the Tooka settled, even sitting down. It did, however, remain wary, keeping an eye on both of them. But Ceri ignored it for now.
"You ok? Is that scratch bad?" she asked, moving closer to the boy. It was only then that she realised he looked kinda familiar, like she'd seen him around in the Temple a few times. Didn't know his name though.

"I'm Ceri, by the way. Padawan. Who're you?"

Feral cats were indeed difficult, but at this moment, Aedric believed every cat in existence to be difficult. As the girl rounded the corner, and warned him, he glanced over towards her, his face a mix of relief but also some annoyance. Of course he was going to get scratched again, he had no idea how to calm this cat, and it very much appeared to have the intent of scratching him.

"Not so fast what?" He frowned, before noticing the cat was about to pounce. Instead of it pouncing however, it sat, very much catching Aedric off guard. "Oh wow.. How'd that happen?" He muttered, half reaching out again before thinking better and retracting his hand to his side.

As she approached, he rose back from his crouching position and turned his hand over to show her the cuts.
"I'm fine, the scratches are shallow." True enough, just as he said, there was three very shallow and neat cuts along the back of his hand. He ran his finger over it, idly wiping away the very little amounts of blood. "You know why it scratched me? I don't think I did anything to it."

"I'm Aedric, also a Padawan. It's quite nice to meet another Padawan, I haven't had too many opportunities to speak to many."

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

CURE FOR ME

"Not so fast what? Oh wow.. How'd that happen?"

Ceri looked at him as if he was an alien.
"Nevermind. And I used the Force to calm him just a little bit." she said calmly. She was glad, however, that the cuts weren't deep on his hand. He was lucky. Cat-scratches could be very painful. The cook in their kitchen on Chandrila had a big, angry one who was supposed to catch rats. But the cat thought it wise to terrorise her with times. Those scratches were a lot of ouch when she was a pre-teen.

"You know why it scratched me? I don't think I did anything to it."
"Cats don't like fast movements. And it's usually smart to let them come ask to be petted. They don't like it if you make the choice for them. They're funny like that. Dogs are easier in that regard." she explained with a smile while she looked at the Tooka that was still sitting not far from them, watching them. "But when a cat trusts you, they stick to you for life." she added, looking back at him.

"I'm Aedric, also a Padawan. It's quite nice to meet another Padawan, I haven't had too many opportunities to speak to many.
"I love meeting new friends! It's always fun!" she said excitedly. "Though I'm sorry you got scratched." she added bashfully. "That's probably my fault. He was running from me." She dragged her fingers through her dark hair in embarrassment.

"What were you doing out here anyway?"

Aedric nodded as she explained her use of the force. What the force could be used to do no longer surprised him, as it seemed almost daily that he discovered some new kind of usage of it. "That's cool, is that the same ability that you'd use on humans? Like the mind trick stuff, I don't really know the technical term, I haven't got around to properly learning that yet."

"I thought it was asking to be petted." He shrugged, and from his perspective, it had very much appeared to be approaching him to get stroked. However, in hindsight, it was just as likely going to just walk by him, as he hadn't made himself much of an inviting figure. "Maybe I should try and stroke a dog then instead. The cat just looked quite soft, so it's a shame I made it jump." He frowned, idly running his finger over the cuts as he spoke.

"It's fine." He muttered, as she attempted to claim the blame for his scratches. "I made it jump, so it's my fault. Why was it running from you though? Did you move to fast, and make it jump as well?"

"I was just exploring really, I like to try and find new rooms and look for hidden things around the temple. I'd ask the same, but I assume you were looking for your cat?"

banner2.png

SPARKY

ceridiv.png

banner9.png

CURE FOR ME

"That's cool, is that the same ability that you'd use on humans? Like the mind trick stuff, I don't really know the technical term, I haven't got around to properly learning that yet."

"I think so. I also don't know too much about it yet. I've only just started learning how to do it." she said, her wide smile back on her face. She just realised once again how much she still had to learn. She really needed to pay more attention to her master.

When she apologised to Aedric, he waved it away, taking most of the blame, which made her feel more bad about the whole thing.
"Why was it running from you though? Did you move to fast, and make it jump as well?"
Ceri laughed. "No, I was actually busy winning its trust when someone else moved in the Temple, startling it. It just went downhill from there, unfortunately." she said. "But yeah, dogs are definitely easier to win over than cats. I honestly don't know why I even bothered. But kitties are cute." she added.

When he said what he was up to, that piqued Ceri's curiosity. It always helped to have friends that knew their way around.
"Yeah I was after the cat." she laughed. "But tell me more about what you've found so far. Anything interesting on your explorations?" she then asked him, genuinely interested, almost forgetting about the cat.

Knowing about interesting stuff was always a plus.

"I haven't even started to learn it yet, I've been meaning to though, it seems interesting." He nodded, which reminded him that he should stop by the archives, and finally see if there was any holobooks on the subject, he'd been procrastinating on that visit for quite some time. "It'd make sense to be the same kind of skill to me, you think you could calm something much bigger than a cat?"

"Could have been me moving." He shrugged, which he doubted was even that improbable. He didn't imagine the cat had run particularly far from wherever she had been. "I bet I'd prefer a dog to a cat then, but I get what you mean. It looked quite cut and soft, so I wanted to pet it, which.." He trailed off with a small grin, idly brushing his thumb over the scratches. It was a shame that they had such an embarrassing story, as the three small, neat cuts looked quite cool on his hand in Aedrics eyes.

"Sadly not a lot, I've found some quiter training rooms that I can normally get all for myself, which is nice but not exactly.. Cool, if you know what I mean? I think that's why I keep looking, because I'm looking for something really interesting. You ever found anything like that around here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom