Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nostalgia Isn't What It Used to Be

Smuggling was a largely profitable business, depending on what jobs you were taking. And the credits were fairly easy to make, even when it came to the more difficult to please employers. That was one of the reasons the profession attracted so many to its calling, but also why they ultimately failed. Those out for money with no real idea of what to expect were snuffed out quickly, typically by rivals who had taken the same job. It was an unforgiving life, living on the fringes of society. But that just so happened to be the way that Kerrick liked it. Living on the edges with no real permanent place of residence meant less people that were able to get a mark on you, which in turn meant that there was less hassle to deal with in the way of bounty hunters. Not that the Epicanthix hybrid ever elicited that sort of attention from anyone.

But it seemed someone else did. They watched with disinterest as a man was apprehended across the bar and taken off to who knows where. That was yet another benefit of going unnoticed by most: you could watch scenarios such as this unfold without in turn being watched yourself. It was a luxury most took for granted, but they knew just how nice it was to not be the center of anyone's attention. Their childhood could attest to that, along with their sightless left eye.

It was a typical scene for a bar frequented by bounty hunters and smugglers alike, and as such no one batted an eye. Currently seated near the back of said bar with booted feet kicked up on the table, whiskey in hand, nor did they. And that wasn't the only thing that had caught their attention. With their decidedly masculine appearance, no one had deemed to approach them just yet, something that was silently noted. That seemed to be the key to going relatively unseen in venues similar to this one. But something told them that would change very soon.

[member="Cross Ikon"], [member="Rik'Tani"]

Rik'Tani

Cross's Gold-skinned Princess
Rikki crossed her arms, smirking at Cross. "Don't give me that look. I already told you that I could drink you under the table a million times. My parents had iron metabolisms, and so do I. No amount of Hapan genes or... Cute little red faces..." Her voice drifted off as she reached over and poked his nose playfully. "Damn. Even when you're drunker than a Nexu's uncle you're adorable!" This little scene was a common one with the vibrant gold-skinned Zabrak and her bright red-haired Hapan boyfriend. In the current setting, no one would suspect him to be an admiral. Or 900 years old, to boot. Cross probably wouldn't remember her teasing comment come morning. Oh well. She was alright with that.
[member="Cross Ikon"]
[member="Kerrick Sereta"]

I grinned at Rikki, realizing that I was probably on the edge of being completely sopping drunk. My red face was plenty of evidence to that, and it seemed to be the piece of evidence that my golden-skinned girlfriend liked the most. But, in some corner of my mind, I was trying to work out who in the room might have been the person who'd sent me that message.

Admiral, we've found one.

One of my descendants? But here, rather than Hapes, or Zeltros, or even Iridonia... That seemed a bit strange. And in this bar, too. It was probably time to tell Rikki what we were doing here.

"Darlin', did I ever tell you how I was looking for those grandkids of mine?"

[member="Rik'Tani"] [member="Kerrick Sereta"]

It didn't take anyone with an overabundance of intelligence to realize that the man sitting with his Zabrak girlfriend was more than a little intoxicated, but that wasn't what had drawn Kerrick's attention. It wasn't his red hair that had done it either, though xe supposed that it was a bit eye-catching as well. No, there was something else about him, something that wasn't quite clear just yet. Unfortunately xe wasn't close enough to overhear their conversation, though it seemed a bit one-sided anyhow. Either the three of them would end up talking or not, but the couple still made something of a spectacle.

Where most would have been at least mildly concerned about someone noticing them watching, xe was less concerned. That didn't mean that xe necessarily stared outright, but nothing prevented xem from glancing in their general direction here and there.While xe did so xe sipped at xir whiskey, trying to determine just what about the two was so curious.

Rik'Tani

Cross's Gold-skinned Princess
Rikki vaguely recalled a little conversation they'd had over the subject. "Once or twice. I still don't see how you could've had so many. Never thought you were one to get women pregnant. Better be in my guard." She grinned, patting her belly before taking a swig of her beer. She could feel quite a few pairs of eyes lingering on them, which was normal. She just happened to glance over and lock eyes with one such onlooker.
[member="Kerrick Sereta"]
[member="Cross Ikon"]

I rolled my eyes at Rikki, wrapping a hand around hers. She acted like I was some kind of menace, when only two of the women I'd ever slept with had gotten pregnant. Of course, that was two more than most honest people could say, but it wasn't like I hadn't provided the women in question with every need afterwards. I wasn't totally insensitive to their problems.

"You know, that only happened one or twice, right? I've got no doubt that there are plenty of grandkids who were born in nine hundred years. In fa-"

The rest of my partially joking protest faded away as I followed Rikki's gaze to the patron who was staring right at her. With an eyebrow raised, I dropped my voice to a whisper.

"Know that guy? Dump him once, maybe?"

[member="Rik'Tani"] [member="Kerrick Sereta"]

Instead of looking away immediately as most would after being noticed by the pair, Kerrick studied the two of them for another moment, letting xir gaze linger on the red-haired man for a few seconds longer before finally averting xir eyes. It was likely that the two would choose to approach xem after the mutual noticing of each others presences from across the bar, but xe wasn't inclined to be the one doing the approaching. It was likely xe had been mistaken for something other than merely an interested party, but had the shoe been on the other foot it was likely xe would have been thinking much of the same.

Finishing the rest of xir whiskey xe set the empty glass down on the table, patiently waiting for something to transpire, whether the couple deemed to ask after xir presence in the bar or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom