Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nobility and Royalty. And space swords.

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
  • Wearing: Knightly Armor

Invitations to visiting royalty across the galaxy. Look at where she was now.

Aya couldn't help but shake her head as she adjusted the metal pauldrons on her frame, making sure they were secured as well as the rest of her armor was. Looks mattered when meeting one of high social standing (especially considering what mutual ties existed between them), which factored into her choosing to wear her more personal armor rather than her uniform. The metal, scuffed and scratched from blades, was polished well enough that what unmarred portions were visible were almost shining like something out of a fairy tale, and the full length, crimson cape trailing behind had the CIS insignia stitched into it prominently as could be. On her left hip rested the sheath to her durasteel blade, with its partner resting against her as she watched the landing ramp for her transport lower in front of her.

As she stepped out into the light, the new tool on her right hip came into view. Unmistakably it was a lightsaber, a training variant of course, provided by [member="Darth Metus"] for her to carry along with to grow used to having on her person. It wasn't really a useful weapon, but it was helpful in growing used to carrying something of its size around. Not to mention if Metus opted to have one of his Acolytes surprise her, it meant she wasn't helpless. Under the same side's arm, held in place, was her helmet, leaving her shoulder length hair free and letting her features be seen easily, to aid in identification if, again, security wished proof of who she was.

Her feet made loud, almost echoing steps with each metallic step, and her eyes looked across the area, looking for her host, or a servant of her host. [member="Edric Vanyan"] had invited her, and though she knew not who he was per say, it wouldn't be hard to spot him when he made himself obvious. In the meantime, an obvious security agent double checked that she was, in fact, Aya Clarke, which at least occupied a few additional moments of her time.

Edric was perhaps not as obvious as [member="Aya Clarke"] would have assumed, the man looking around in his garden as he finished up for another day. He had had to ad a few to the more important portion of his creation, and now he being informed he had another guest. Another guest so soon after the last few was not unusual but he was hoping for some warning this time. But he did not have that luxury it would seem, as he hated to leave a guest waiting, even if the guards were ar to cautious on just who was entering his home.

His hands were wiped on a rag before he washed them in a nearby bucket, getting the dirt cleaned from his skin quickly, and running his hand through his hair quickly to smooth down the more wild portions of it. Once done he just shrugged and looked down at himself, standing there in rather ordinary clothing with a rather simple appearance already created by his features. That did not bug him though and soon he found himself walking with his hands cross behind him.

Getting to Aya was not hard and he walked up almost silently. He wondered if he should play a trick on the armored individual but he decided against it, as he did not know who this person was. While Edric did enjoy tricking his visitors, it was the ones that he knew well enough or the ones that he did not know the standing of. For all he knew this could be some ruler that for some reason or another visited Kesh with a full set of armor.

"Hello there, might I help you. You appear to be a tad lost, or the guards are being quite thorough again, admittedly unnecessary for them to take so long, but they do. Are you looking for someone in particular?"

Aya Clarke

Perhaps he expected her to mark him off as a simple laborer. Perhaps she was expected to carry herself with haughty self importance.

Perhaps.

But no, she had long since grown up. Instead, she looked over [member="Edric Vanyan"] with calm, observant eyes, as he spoke to her. He spoke well enough, and though he dressed simply he carried himself confidently. Add in the stance stiffening slightly from the guards and there was little secrecy left as to his importance, if nothing else. You did not get to where she was in life by being unobservant after all, though his identity and exact importance were up to debate. Still, she was delighted enough to have someone speak to her.

The woman turned to face him, and offered a slight, polite bow, holding her sword steady with her left hand so it would make little noise as she spoke to him in her Ryl-laced voice, soft and purposeful. "Greetings, and it would appear that I am. I received an invitation, rather suddenly, to visit one Prince Vanyan. Though admittedly, I am quite unsure as when or where I am to meet the man. If it helps at all, I am Ser Aya Clarke, a General for the Confederacy."

[member="Aya Clarke"]

"Oh so you are the general. It is my great pleasure to welcome you to my home Madam, if you would not mind following me, I would be pleased to host you today." He nodded to the guards for them to let her in, the men responding instantly and moving onto their other duties while Edric turned on his toes to face the other way now.

He walked with a carefree motion about his arms and legs. He was relaxed and seemed to carry himself with confidence, but at the same time there was still that child in how he moved. He did not bother with creating this grandious image of a king or a admiral that was above others, instead he walked with his hands crossed behind him, turning his head to look at the general and providing a soft smile. He was happy enough with his situation and entertaining other members of the Confederacy's military was simply another bonus of being where he was now. It was hard for him to provide a strict look, or one that fit his position though.

"If you do not mind my asking Miss, but how is it you wish for me to address you. I am ok with using your first name if you so desire, but if you wish for this to be a bit more formal, I can happily accommodate you. You may call me by Edric if you so desire though, I'm not one for formality, if I was I would probably get on Metus' nerves. The man probably sees more of my father in me than is correct."

Aya Clarke

"Ser. My proper title is Ser, if you mind addressing me so. Formal or informal, my people put great value in titles, though you may call me Aya as well, considering the circumstance." Though not childish or overly relaxed by any means, Aya felt more comfortable with the way the prince seemed to be. At least, she had little fear of undermining her station by making a misstep around him. She felt a bit of her lip curl upwards at the mention of the Vicelord, and lifted her hand from the hilt of her sword to her lips to stifle a chuckle.

"The Vicelord is, quite the individual. I have not met him much, though I feel he is the kind to see what he wishes, and little else. Reminds me much of an old maid in that regard, though an old maid capable of pummeling one into submission with a toothpick." And there was the chuckle, restrained as it was. Short, sweet if she were to believe rumors, and gone as swiftly as it came on. Her hand would lower itself back down, resting under the crossguard as she kept a polite, yet close distance to [member="Edric Vanyan"]. "You are quite, different than I had expected, if you do not mind me saying so. Not bad, of course, in fact I'm quite delighted thus far. Perhaps I have been spending too much time around politicians."

[member="Aya Clarke"]

"That is a tad ironic considering my own position on this planet, that you assume you have been spending too much time around politicians. Anyways, as for Metus being an old maid, I think that is a tad of a poor description of the man. After all that man has so many children that one might assume he favors Nar Shadaa's street corners over a warm fire at home." Edric said this with a small hint of a smile while he walked, leaving Aya to put together the meaning in his words.

After all he considered Metus to be his uncle, more or less. While there was no marriage or blood relations, the man and Edric's father had been more than close enough for Edric to consider Metus as such. He knew that he could rely on the man and those that follow him in times of need, and knew that it would be easy to search for a reason to call on that help. But Edric was not someone who would so quickly search for unnecessary help, especially considering that he had to rely on his own abilities and power if he was to get anywhere in this galaxy.

"I apologize, I assume you are here for more than to ask me about how I feel on the old man. And I thank you for the complement. IF you would not mind, why don't you tell me a tad more about yourself Ser Aya. I must say that you intrigue me considering the title and your choice of weapon."

Aya Clarke

"Rulers and leaders are not synonymous with politician..." She chuckled again as Edric made his own jest at the Vicelord's expense. Though of course discussing the Vicelord's most appropriate titles wasn't why she was there, though in some fairness the reason she was there might be as equally mundane. "Truth be told I am not completely certain why I am here, I received an invitation rather than request an audience. Though I am always delighted to see the centers of other worlds, when possible."

"As for more of myself, I'm afraid I have little to say. Ser, to my people, is the title given to Knights, warrior nobility. We are individuals with enough sizable influence and pledged individuals, trained to fight and lead. Contrary to much of the galaxy, we have long since abandoned and banned blasters and slugthrowers, preferring to stick with our traditional weaponry which require substantially more training, and are less likely to harm individuals we do not intend to harm. I myself was born into my role, and have trained since childhood. 'Tis why I have such well crafted arms and armor, my father wished to spare no expense."

[member="Edric Vanyan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom