Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private No Place like Home

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii

Mig let out a sigh as Signet 7 finally touched down in one of the Keros’ Kad’s hangers. He let out a sigh of relief finally hopping out of the gunship, knowing good and well he was more then a little late for the planned return. Wayland though.... That wasn’t a normal fight.... He looked at a few of the tents that had been set up for civilians brought onboard. Temporary. Just until they could get another ship, or get them a new home. Either way, he was almost quick to head out of the hanger and deeper into the Kad before stopping at a door. He pulled off his helmet as he opened the it, smiling to see what had become his family’s new home.

It wasn’t much. In reality it was a slight refit, combining two combat bunks, and reworking some things. Most rooms on ship had had similar overhauls, and in some ways it showed. It was still home though. Wall has been painted, and quite notably a certain bat was currently upside down on his rest. Before he could react though, a curly haired blur hugged his leg.

“Jagyc’buir! You’re back!” Mig smiles and leaned down to hug back.

“Of course I’m back, Ledd’ika. Is your Dalyc’buir here?” Leddie just nodded before giggling at her dad. Mig was just happy to be home. Hopefully he’d be able to just stay a rest for a while this time. Really everyone needed it.

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

Tamar Gred never once complained. The mansion of their Erebos home, given her by Yasha, was a fond but gentle memory. Another of those things given up in the quest for safety away from the Sith. The Alor’s wife put a brave a face as she had on many things, especially when Mig went off to battle.

While their quarters on the Keros Kad were a squeeze for a family of five, the twins were still young enough to believe sharing a bedroom was an adventure. Besides! Souma and Ilyushin were on a spaceship! Buir took them to engineering every day to watch the studious Greds work. She painted, and hung some decorations from their former bedrooms, tied bundles of toys to the ceiling in hammocks, so they could keep enough floor space to play. Wayland weighted on Tamar’s mind, coiled in with the hopes of those who clung to the few cities despite hurried evacuation.

Wayland. The last time she’d seen Adara, when Yasha sprawled dying in battle on Mandalore.

“You were pleasant to me, when I was a child.” Adara stopped in the doorway, the billows of her loose mahogany curls swept away from a maturing face. “Sixteen hours, Tamar. It’s all I can give you. Use them well.”

Tamar’s skin paled. She ran and left Yasha’s twin boys to Adara. No berth would hold her, none which Adara could see.

Zambrano blood would come for Zambrano blood. Months passed, and Tamar hid the warning in her heart, covered under a studious woman’s work tending the children and acting as a pediatrician and medic for the Fleet.

Mig’s wife knew their cramped quarters, the entire Gred fleet was partially on her account. If she stayed in one place too long, the gargantuan maw of the Zambrano machine would close nigh about them. Through the entire battle of Wayland, Tamar’s lips were a thin line, her ear to every comm channel she could hack into for a glimpse of Mig.

If he fell, if… the Fleet would need… but Mig didn’t fall, and his wife stood holding Souma to her hip, holo projectors surrounding her in a 360 view of passenger manifests, ports of call. Tent poles, and rationing water and Bacta bandages.

There was nothing for it, but to strengthen them all so when that mighty blackened hand surrounded them, her family would survive it.

“Mig?” Tamar turned, Leddie’s shout pulling her from the busy reverie. “Mig!”

She set Souma down and leapt. Wrapped her arms around his neck and held Mig Gred Mig Gred with all the ferocity of her Epicanthix kin. “Are you wounded!? Are you.. I heard the… and… Mig… Led’ika take your brothers to your room. Go!”

The Alor couldn’t help but smile as his wife hugged him. He was quick to hold her tight, happy to be home. It may not have been much, but it was home. He smiled, giving the woman a kiss before hearing her almost frantic. Tamar asked Leddie to take her brothers to her room while she got a chance to talk to Mig. He smiled a little, motioning towards one of the small couch he’d found. One of the last bunks to get one, but still.

“I’m ok, at least physically. I’ve never seen a battle like this though. Not even when the Bryn are involved....” Mig sighed, thinking about it. “Sixty Netherhounds and 6 tanks went in.... Not a lot came out.... May need to make a trip to meet up with the Sword of Eshan. Did learn those that got left after Hammerfall though. They... they’re ok.” Mig realized that he had just spilt a lot, but he was finally starting to let it out. He didn’t really want to have the other see him get worried, or overburdened like this. Tamar though, she knew better than most.

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“We’ll meet with whomever you think best, Mig. The others will understand.” While Tamar had her own reservations of Powered folk, and their spiritual politics, being capable to make a landing with the Echani was becoming more of a normative moment in Tamar’s previously cloistered slave life. She held him tight, refused to release her arms from around him as Leddie went off with her brothers. Leddie was a good kid, she knew when her Buirs were serious and needed their space.

“Nussyn.” Tamar swore, in the name of the goddess of Panatha, “Worse than the Bryn? I knew Zambrano was on a rampage, but... Mig, I heard strange things, mountains exploding, a city gone. An entire city. Are you sure you’re not wounded? Hurt?”

She fumbled with the collar of his ‘gam, reached for a seam as her hand wandered around his chest for a sore spot, or flicker of pain in his face. Nothing but the smile he reserved for being home. As he sat on the couch, Tamar bustled about the one cabinet where she made tea and snacks for the kids, and poured Mig a cup from the teapot she’d salvaged from their Erebosian home. Sitting beside him carefully, she set the tea in his hand and leaned in. Her head on his shoulder.

“The Hammerfall lost? They... are we having a funeral or a celebration?”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig nodded, still smiling some. "I know Echani and Mandalorians haven't always gotten along, but it's a start." He was a bit surprised when Tamar mentioned the things that happened on Wayland. He didn't know how information had already gotten to the fleet that fast. He looked down a bit as Tamar began to check, his mind slowing a bit. The Mando's smile faded a little, but was still there. He then sighed, and looked back at his riduur.

"I... I wish I could say they were lying, but... it happened. I saw it myself.... It was.... A lot." His smile finally faded, the weight of what happened finally hitting. He looked down, thinking about everything. Tamar would meanwhile find some scratches and bruises, but nothing serious. The man then hugged her one more time before she got up to get some tea. He smiled again, he happily took the tea and gave it a drink before hearing Tamar's question. He slid his arm around her shoulder, sighing a little.

"Mostly a celebration. So many people are safe, but.... Me and the other Force wielders here.... We're some of the last among the Mandalorians. Not even counting those that died during and after Hammerfall..... So honestly, both."

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“Even they get along better than Clan Gred and the Sith.” Tamar began removing what she could from his armour, only her own eyes would prove he was not harmed. Her roaming hands stopped at mention of the truth in the comm reports.

“Prazutis…” A most hated name, spat out as if the act would curse the man. “The only man Yasha ever feared. He’d always wanted Adara for his own, a punishment for Ancius, no doubt. Or perhaps the harm Yasha did to Carnifex… but you survived. Gods, Mig, you survived.”

Anything could be conquered if only her riduur survived, every issue and problem and new person requiring a berth could be figured out, when they were whole. One whole family linked in love and belief in Manda. She mused upon his scratches and bruised skin, leaned down to kiss each one. Little did she recognize how those slim kisses healed the flesh beneath, so consumed with her own inner thoughts. A mother’s kiss always made a wound feel better, right? It was but the love of a wife to her spouse.

“Shereshoy, then. Both gladness and mourning simultaneously, one of the first Mandalorian traits Yasha tried to teach me. Gosh, Adara was an infant in those days.” Tamar shook her head, a personal grief flickered in her eyes, which she tried to remove before looking to her husband. She tucked into Mig’s side and hugged in as he held his tea.

“So many lost, and I cannot help but see it as unnecessary. Wayland should have stayed abandoned after Mandalore was lost, but I am no statesman. Just a mother and wife, a doctor who worries.” Her hand found his cheek, thumb brushed it. “I was searching for a station or two, ones abandoned after the Empire crashed. We could retrofit a couple to our needs, they’re… close now, to… to Jedi space. As much as I hate the Jedi, they wouldn’t kill refugees would they? I still have Yasha’s security codes, her clearance passes, we might be able to help. Although none of us can help the loss of the Force users. What of Clan Raxis? Surely they still have their force users?”

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig nodded, looking over at Tamar as she noted everything. Yeah, Mandalorians and Echani had a rocky relationship to say the least, and they finally weren't at each others throats overall. He then heard her mention Prazutis. A bit of a shutter caught him as the name was mention. While Mig wasn't fond of the Sith, he was one that the Mando'ad'jetii felt had no restraint on what he would do. But she was right, he'd made it out again.

"I did, but I can't help but think that he may've won one battle.... Almost at least." He sighed a little, not noticing that some of the soreness from his bruises was dissipating. It was honestly a nice though. He just hoped that things would be ok. He sighed as he thought about everything that had happened. There was so much that had happened in just a short time. It was about time for some really good news. It helped to learn about all the Mandos saved though. "Not just Gred either. All the vod that had been left. Was thinking of seeing if Aries could clear the Artemis. Try to get some of the clan together for a change." Tamar noted that celebrating and grieving as the same time was something Yasha had taught her, but he noticed a hint grief from her. "You ok, Ner Kar'ta?"

Mig then listened as Tamar noted that Wayland possibly should've remained abandoned. It was a risk Mig had seen the results of now. The lose at Wayland.... It was more then just a lose really. It was a major blow in a few ways. But the idea that there were a few stations that could be refitted... that would help a lot right now. Mig smiled, giving Tamar a kiss. "It would be great to at least check them out. As for Raxis... I don't know. I only know a few individuals that are around. Star and Cynthia, Allya Vi'Dreya.... But for them there are just as many who are wary." He sighed a little, thinking about everything. He was just happy knowing his Aliit was safe though.

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

“Battle won? Mig? What do you mean?” Tamar stopped short, lips parted as she looked to Mig Gred Mig Gred . Thoughts of the last time she saw the girl niggled at her, no. Adara was safe on Vena with her friends. Wasn’t she? “Please tell me you speak of Wayland and not Adara.”

Back against the couch, Tamar’s hand slid onto her cheek. She sighed deep and leaned her head against the back of the slim couch.

“In my years, I have not once known Kaine Zambrano to let go… maybe it’s paranoid, but… I cannot explain it. I’d ask Skorvek, he knew Yasha best, but he too is as distant as a far off galaxy.” She shook her head with a timid laugh. Completely unaware that Skorvek was in the battle Mig just survived. “Here I am being a nosy sister, and you survived a terrible battle. Sorry, I didn’t mean to demean your struggle with my insecurities. Only distract you, I suppose.”

He looked… worn the more she saw the quiet sadness in his eyes, even when he smiled. Tamar shifted on the couch, her leg across his as she cuddled her head onto his shoulder.

“House Dib has a few, don’t they? Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib , her daughter Amma Dib Amma Dib , her husband, and his family. Isn’t Amma flirting incessantly with our Fred? Ginnie might know some others, too. Her mother, I seem to think, was some form of doctor-healer. Nobility from Alderaan. We could always have that gathering and invite them. I’ve been longing to bother Fred about his… extracurricular pursuits. Seeing that boy blush gives me a grin larger than it ought to.” Despite the battles, Tamar laughed and shook her head on Mig’s shoulder.

“A gathering on the Artemis? It’s been too long since we’ve had one… Best to celebrate what victories and safeties we can, lest we trap ourselves in wanton pugilism without temperament.”

Mig sighed, looking down before answering. "She was there.... I think.... She may've been helping the Sith, or maybe Star and Cynthia. Something felt a little different though." Mig then looked at Tamar, shaking his head a little. "Right now... we can only hope she makes the right decisions...." A worry ran through Mig's face as he thought about it. He'd only trained her a few times, and he knew her past well enough. He just hope that, maybe, she'd learn what he did during all this. You need family, but that didn't mean they had to be blood. Heck, he considered the refugees that weren't Mandos just as much family as any Mandalorian there. Even if a few clanmates weren't too fond of it, his people weren't the only ones in command positions now. It was the best of who he could find. Right now though, he was more focused on his wife and kids. They were why he could keep fighting. Without them....

Tamar then brought a smile to his face as she laughed her own questioning off. He kept her close, smiling before giving her another kiss. "It's ok, Tamar. If anything, it helps. I know you get worried, but it does help keep me a a bit more grounded." He smiled a little, thinking over some things again before finally relaxing some. "And as for the Jedi, they wouldn't go after refugees, at least the ones I've met. Even then, I've got friends would could help."

When Tamar mentioned Fred, Mig couldn't help but chuckle, thinking about how the boy acted on his last visit, and thinking about the Dibs. It would be funny to watch the two if they were invited to the gathering. "Seeing that would be hilarious. He always seemed to be a bit... nervous about that kind of stuff. And like you said, it's been too long since we've been able to celebrate. Plus, would be good for the kids to meet more of there Aliit, or potential Aliit."

Tamar Gred Tamar Gred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom