Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Compromise

Tython; temple gardens
It wasn't a good way to think, but she couldn't help it.
The blonde Force's mistress was counting down until Tython was compromised.
Until the recent disaster on Coruscant, Tython was a planet that was unknown to a majority of Jedi unless they were Masters or high-ranking Knights; this was to avoid the planet being a target to foes of the Jedi, should the darkside prove too strong to individuals.

Yeah, that had happened to about three on Coruscant.

Unfortunately, that meant that Tython was slowly opening it's walls to select Padawans. Ones that showed excellent promise. One of these individuals, the records had indicated as [member="Serra Val Rhia"]. It wasn't the most optimal of times to be training a Padawan, but Kiskla needed the distraction. She also needed to see if she knew of a better match than herself for the deserving student. But, apparently, this individual had an interest in strengthening her bond with The Force. Something Kiskla was quite adept with, and therefore it would only make sense of the youthful Master to extend herself and offer assistance to those who needed it. That was a Jedi's job, after all.

So, she waited for the Padawan to meet their appointment while she sat cross-legged in the Temple's gardens. Her palms were behind her back and she was angled to face the warmth of the sun overhead, basking in it's warmth. She looked calm, but her mind was working furiously - -devising how to counter these attacks. The Sith's oppression would need to be thwarted by not only herself, but all the students of The lightside -- such as she who would be meeting Kiskla today.

Serra Val Rhia

The Daughter of Angels
The news had shaken the resolve of many of the still lingering padawans and younglings alike - Coruscant stolen by servants of the darkside. Some wept, many simply stared in awe, others lost hope, and even fewer sought to join the fight. But they were simply padawans and younglings. So they remained, they scattered, and very few had been brought here. A chosen few the man had told her. Serra had been here a day now, waiting on the Jedi who had offered to further her training, likely in response to the attack. More Jedi would be needed. A light pinch indicated it was time. Fair feet brought her across the temple grounds, swiftly passing by the white stone and carpeted halls, statues recognizing Jedi of long past, and an otherwise solemn aura touched the surface of the planet. Reddish blonde hair swept behind her with each step, the strands brought together into a ponytail. Robes in just as much motion as the padawan hurriedly made her way towards the garden.

Stepping through the pale arch the warmth of the idling sun was the first thing to greet her. Then the aroma of the flora and air itself. In times like this appreciation of the subtle granted her a small boon of hope. It was something to preserve. To protect. Eyes catching the appearance of the one they called [member="Kiskla Grayson"]. There was, it seemed, little time to brief the padawan on who the women was or why she had found herself here to train Serra. But nevertheless her bare feet carried her forwards until she stood in front of the sitting women, who undoubtedly was already aware of her arrival. But for the sake of courtesy, hands clasped behind her back, she spoke. "Master."

Kiskla's back erected to straighten, and her hands folded in her lap when the voice of another indicated the beginning of their conversation.
Her light eyes shifted from the Padawan's face to her feet, indicating she should sit across from the kiffar.

"Padawan Val Rhia." The blonde greeted, waiting for the student to take her seat and they could begin. "I'm Master Grayson, but today you can call me Kiskla." She wasn't one to waste time, especially when time was as precious as the structure this student would need to be conditioned as a true warrior and pinnacle of the light. "Your files indicated a great interest and prowess within The Force itself. You wish to mould it to your wills -- hm?" She left opening for a confirmative response before she continued, running her hand over the grass lackadaisically.

"Tell me what you know of The Force already, and what you wish to know further. Then we can work together to begin your travel down an eternal path --" she offered a light smile, tilting her head slightly and plucking some blades to rub between her fingers while waiting for the response from [member="Serra Val Rhia"].
tumblr_n7bp8vCif11sretbqo4_250.gif
"After all, we're all continuous students to The Force and it's awe-inspiring potency."

Serra Val Rhia

The Daughter of Angels
Nodding lightly at the affirmation of her name, she took the hint and seated herself directly across from the master. A light "I do" escaping her as she brought up what precisely she was looking for here in this training. Though she was frankly seeking much. Not for the sake of having power in itself but the curiosity of its concepts. A small refuge she had found in her Force training - each ability, each power, they were all connected and simultaneously unique. Neither a light or darkside to it all. To her she found it simply pending on the guidance the user offered.

Serra had done a great deal of research since being offered to the Jedi at the young age she was, and that included those who were not Jedi or Sith. Fallanassi. Aing-Tii. But what had she actually been taught thus far? She had masters here and there since but one in particular that had shown her a great deal of trust. Synlidwirh Daemoniscus. Though what he had shown her was by no means yet mastered by the padawan, it was however a start. Raising her right hand gold lightning danced between her fingers "I can move objects, sense others in the Force, conceal my own presence, manipulate flora, move faster and jump higher than normally possible for my species, absorb energy and make it my own, heal certain wounds, and I am currently," the lightning crackled lightly in her hand though Serra did not react to it, at this point the lightning barely enough to burn, and then it vanished "working on producing and controlling lightning."

Turning her gaze away from her own hand as it then clasped with the other she took a quick moment to think of what she was actually looking for now and turned to [member="Kiskla Grayson"] in response. "I have done quite a bit of research. Abilities I have been looking into are viewing the past and occasionally the future, or to purge darkness itself, or cut one off from their connection to the Force given the necessity." She of course referred to Flow Walk, Force Light, and Force Sever. Abilities she saw opportunity in. To remove the will to fight from a darksider so that she needn't rob them of life. But what she wished to know of the Force was simply everything that she could. A most fascinating subject she studied for the sake of studying.

A most ambitious student indeed. Kiskla herself, had been rumoured to be a prodigy of The Force -- in fact prophesied as such with those that resided Beyond Shadows, and therefore believed that rank did not limit the potential of a Jedi. Titles only referred to experience perhaps, or even the ability to lead. The kiffar, however, saw no reason that the girl across from her shouldn't be pursuing such delicate techniques -- so long as she had the basics under wraps.

The blonde afforded the girl a small 'Hm' as she described her interests and current abilities. Inarguably advanced.
tumblr_n77x6xkpzh1sretbqo5_250.gif
"Research is an excellent foundation." Kiskla confirmed "But there's no better way to further your knowledge than creating experiences for yourself; to make your learning tangible." This was something the Master of The Order firmly believed in, and instilled into all of her students. Kinaesthetic learning, learning by doing. [member="Serra Val Rhia"] would certainly be doing in the upcoming years.
"What is it you'd like to learn today, then? More about this lightning? It is a very dangerous venture."

Serra Val Rhia

The Daughter of Angels
[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

"I was actually hoping to broaden my knowledge. I find, as you say, my learning is done predominantly by experience. I practice each and every single one of my abilities daily, attempting new theories, new techniques, different ways of channeling my power, so that I may better learn to wield what I have learned." She found the discussion of an ability rarely useful for her and beyond that Serra had discovered some time ago that the Force was an all connecting entity. With each new ability she learned, she figured out new ways of better controlling her other abilities. "What I have learned from this is that introducing myself to new techniques - new abilities, aids me in grasping the Force as a whole and enriches my control of the abilities I have already learned." She would learn to better control the lightning at one point or another but she often needed a guiding hand in the development of abilities that are completely foreign to her.

'The Daughter of Angels', as the younglings had so titled her, had been a padawan for many years. She had many years to research, to study, to develop her control over the powers she had since learned. Already she had developed a skilled control of her earliest powers. Now she simply had to practice and do the same for her more recently learned abilities.

"Experience comes with involvement." The blonde woman spoke. She was about to continue when the communication element of her belova bracer on her right wrist buzzed urgently. Kiskla frowned -- this was a restricted line that few had access to. If it was going off, it was necessary.
She excused herself to read the message. "One moment." The blonde had been working at her pazaak face, and therefore her features didn't betray her when she read the contents of the message. Intel was picking up Sith activity within the core worlds, and she was being demanded to investigate, following that message the Queen of Kuat was demanding an audience about council members holding ranks on her planet. Slender fingers moved fluidly, not in response, but to send a correspondence to an appropriate instructor, [member="Aaralyn Rekali"], so the student would not suffer from lack of insight.

"Your experience will come -- unfortunately, this meeting has proved but a catalyst to your advancement. There is a woman, Master Rekali who will meet you in these gardens to further your teaching. I'm afraid, Padawan Val Rhia, that our timing together wouldn't be conducive to the amount of wisdom you're seeking.

I'm not up to much fun these days anyway."
That was a lie. Her slender legs unfolded and she stood to her full height. "I apologize that my timing is so inappropriate, but I have to go. I do trust that Master Rekali will be a suitable fit for your methods. You'll learn much, and I will see you around."

It was abrupt, but that was her nature. She dipped at the waist, before pulling a datacard from her belt and handing it to [member="Serra Val Rhia"]. "If the master doesn't show up within the hour, this is her personal contact.

My channels are also always open, though my person may not be." A final bow and the endearing "May the Force be with you" was offered before the Grandmaster had to apologetically and regretfully slip away.

Aaralyn frowned to Rowdy as she looked down at the datapad infront of her. "A Padawan?" She hadn't trained someone in over 800 years, what was the Grandmaster thinking? She rolled her eyes and tossed the datapad aside and motioned to Rowdy. "Can you see if you can contact this Padawan and have her meet me down here at the hanger?" The R9 droid beeped something that didn't sound positive just as Aaralyn ducked underneath the shuttle and then warbled loudly. "I don't care if it's informal, we have work to do and I don't have time right now to be formal...The padawan can come here." She yelled out from underneath the shuttle.

Moments later, a transmission would be sent, a simple coded message that would direct [member="Serra Val Rhia"] to the Hanger within the Jedi Temple. No specifics were given, all that was given was she was to report immediately to Master Rekali.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom