Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO] Knighting — Corazona von Ascania

Shan glanced between Ariana and Colette in confusion, trying to figure out why the atmosphere seemed dangerous. He had no self-preservation instincts, so he didn't quite understand the potential..."danger" of the situation. Either way, Shan was just going to act like he normally did. Ariana seemed nice enough, and he was sure whatever was up with Colette would be solved sooner or later as Shan just threw his arm around Colette to hold her close.

"Yeah. Colette is one of the few Jedi who actually understands my pacifism. It's why I lo...really like her. She helps me feel valued and gives me some more self-worth." He hadn't noticed Ariana stepping back. "Visiting the gardens could be fun though. I've always been a fan of nature...Even if I haven't always been able to be near it." That was one of the downsides of Nar Shaddaa. Flora and fauna were always hard to see on the "Jewel" of Nal Hutta.

He rested his head against Colette, as she asked about Ariana knowing the royal family of Teta whilst Shan kept his mouth shut. He was never overly interested in the idea of royal families and such. The idea of being seen better because of your family wasn't one he approved, mostly because of his own parental issues but he didn't want to cause any issues for the ceremony.

Colette Colette Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Carefully Ariana lowered her voice a tad , “-Technically there isn’t a ‘royal’ family. The Tetan Throne doesn’t have an Empress butt sitting on it currently.” She raised her hand and made a quotation hand gesture by moving her fingers to either side of head when she said “Royal”. It was a delicate subject, at least back on Teta and her brother was a bit vague with the details. Not that I ever pressed him for too much information.

“The Royal Court is in constant flux and when my father was the Senator, he worked out a few things between the Alliance and the Tetan Nobles.” Ariana wasn’t an expert on history, that was her older brother’s job description as the current Senator.

But I think it had to do some Tetan Nobles doing Sith-like shenanigans and blood magic or something, bad people were dealt with.

Ariana slowly looked away and towards the ground, “And when, well. . . the Maw and. . . the Alliance liberation effort, my family had been given more political weight.” She returned her eyes back up to the two, and it seemed Shan was receptive to the idea.

“As for the gardens specifically, it’s really no big deal. The guards know me and if I ask them to keep the gardens quiet they don't mind.” Well, they also know my dad’s monument is there, but all the same.

Ariana smiled sheepishly, “I can meet you there anytime, or I can take you guys there from Coruscant.” She added as she rubbed the back of her head.

Coruscant Temple
div-purple.png
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

"Mom is pretty small,"
Vera said with a grin and a chuckle, once Cora had approached and turned to her. For a moment longer, the young Noble just looked at her and smiled, forcing herself to stay composed and be the proper Jedi Padawan she figured people wanted her to be. But... this was Cora of all people, and Vera couldn't really stop the emotions she felt in her chest. With widened arms, she lunged forward and wrapped herself around the woman.

"I'm so happy for you, Cora!" She squealed, as the hug tightened just a little.

"You're going to be an amazing Jedi Knight!" She pulled back and nodded with another big, bubbly smile. "Mom is very proud of you, too. She hasn't stopped talking about this Knighting for the last few days at home." She giggled and glanced over to her Mother, who was looking their way as well.

"I don't know if you're going to teach or even train a Padawan yet, but if you do... I'd love to learn from you sometime." Vera stepped back now and bowed her head respectfully.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond / Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Then they weren't actually royal gardens and the name made no sense. Colette's entire face seemed to scrunch up in confusion for a moment before she sighed and shook her head. No royal family, no royal garden. That was like calling a room the room of 'a thousand fountains' and not having a thousand fountains in it, which…

… Was there actually a thousand fountains in there? …

Didn't matter. She looked at Ariana and then Shan. The headshake became a nod.

"Maybe sometime later." Colette said. "Me and Shan have some things we need to catch up on first."

Half-truth. In reality Colette couldn't just let this… Pretty Intruder give the two of them some sort of… Date advice. That was weird, that was wrong, and it was an attack on Colette's pride for… Whatever reason she could conjure up in an hour.

Colette eased out of her embrace with Shan but not before giving him one last squeeze.

"I should probably do the rest of my exercises for the day." She said and pointed a thumb over her shoulder. "Catch you later, alright?"

Call it a... Trust exercise for Shan. Colette could probably trust him with Ariana. Probably.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

As Connel departed, Cora bowed to the Jedi Knight, hoping that his recovery went well. She was touched that he'd made his way here to congratulate her.

"She's not that small." Cora protested to Vera. "She's a good few inches taller than me!"

Unfortunately, both Cora and Valery had reached their maximum adult heights. Vera, on the other hand, still had a few years yet to keep growing. A surprise yelp left her lips as the Padawan swept her into a hug, but the noise of surprise quickly dissolved into laughter.

"I certainly hope that I can live up to that." Cora chuckled as she tucked a stray lock of hair behind Vera's ear. "I couldn't have done any of this without your mother. Your father, too. They taught me almost everything I know about being a Jedi, and I hope to pass on what I've learned from them."

She smiled, her eyes wandering over to the Noble parents, then out across those who'd gathered. Valery had been there since Cora's early years as a Padawan, understanding and uplifting. Even when things had been rough and she'd made mistakes – some bigger than others – her Master sought to ensure that she was safe, and guided her through life's lessons with grace. Kahlil too, had met her with the patience of a saint and the sort of wisdom that came from living a hard life and coming out the other side.

That smile pulled at the corners, stretching into something of a smirk.

"I'd be honored to teach you some time, Vera. But…only if you clean your room first."

"We do?" Shan was caught off guard by Colette saying that they had things to discuss. If he had known that, he would have went over to her straight away. Had he forgotten something? Oh by the Force, it wasn't her birthday was it?! No. No. He couldn't have forgotten something like that!...Mostly because he didn't actually know when it was now that he thought about it, staring off into the distance as the Mirialan tried to wrap his head around what they could possibl have to talk.

Though he then blinked as Colette said she was going off to train, and Shan just leaned forward to give her a small peck on the cheek. That's what you're meant to do right? He still wasn't sure about any of this, and was deathly afraid of making the wrong move...but everything seemed alright so far. "Yeah. I'll come train with you later, if you want? Still need to figure out some things we can do together." Shan referred to their whole elemental force abilities they had trained with Kahlil before the Mirialan just watched Colette leave, letting out a content sigh.

"...She's great." He kept a small grin on his face, turning his attention back over towards Ariana. "I'm...sorry if she seemed iffy. I don't know what her problem was. She's never normally like that...Well, I mean...Sometimes she can seem a bit blunt but I promise you, she's amazing when you get to know her. I really, really like her." Now that Ariana at least knew about Colette...Well, Shan was just gushing about the girl, his grin just getting wider and wider.

Colette Colette Ariana Du Couteau Ariana Du Couteau

Ariana Du Couteau, Jedi Padawan
Outfit (Minus the Right Arm)

JiGZUcY.png

Ariana smiled and when she raised her hand a flash of confusion appeared and disappeared. Oh, no clapping, right, she gave a thumb up to both Shan and Colette. Her father always valued the importance of offering the best one could give to others, more important rules of appearances in front of others. But the gardens were indeed quite the lovely sight to behold, many dates were held there whenever possible.

As Colette gave her goodbyes Ariana waved with a smile, “-A honour meeting you Padawan Colette.” Ariana quickly bowed in gratitude and turned to face Shan.

“I think Colette is quite rapturous.” Ariana said as she shook her head once, “-So no need to apologize. It should be me apologizing to you for keeping you away from her, especially when you have important things to discuss with her.” Ariana spoke as she placed her left hand behind her back.

“And if you do make your way to Empress Teta, mention my name and I’ll have the Royal Guards have the gardens ready for you by the time you arrive.” Ariana explained as she bowed but stopped short, remembering his words moments ago and blushed in embarrassment.

“-Unless you have any questions for me I believe I shall take my leave.” Ariana said as she straightened herself back up quickly, hoping she didn't make Shan uncomfortable.

“If you ever need a role model as you follow your convictions look no further than at Chancellor Auteme, we know she has left her mark on history and continues to shine like a beacon.” Ariana offered as she pointed at Shan.

“-And you’ll shine brighter in due time just like all Padawans are destined to do. A hope shared among our Masters as they urge us to pass them with wide smiles and outstretched hands towards that beautiful and bright future ahead.”

My father always told me to look forward, never back, no matter how hard it is to know he won’t be there to encourage me. Ariana was happy to know that Shan has someone to walk along with closely on his difficult path, and she hoped that Colette and Shan continue to walk together for as long as possible.

"Now are you going to congratulate Knight von Ascania or not? Come on, I'll say congratulations to her with you." Ariana spoke quite encouragingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom