Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nirwos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nirwos

zgxhM0g.jpg
Out of Character Information:
Intent: Mask worn by Aitir Kor'sa/Darth Abaddon
Image Source: Link
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

Production Information:
Manufacturer: [member='Aitir Kor'sa'] Darth Abaddon
Affiliation: [member='Aitir Kor'sa'] Darth Abaddon
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique (One of a Kind)
Material: Maalraas Bone, Leatheris, Norris Root Dye

Technical Specifications:
Classification: Multipurpose, Other
Weight: Very Light
Resistances:
  • Blasters: High
  • Kinetic: Low
  • Lightsabers: Extreme
  • Mental Force Powers: High
  • Other: None

Special Features:
Mental Hardening The mask has been augmented through the process of Alchemy and possesses a certain ability to shield the wearer's mind from mental assault/attack. This makes abilities such as Mind Shard, Mind Control, etc. much more difficult to affect the wearer of Nirwos.

Soul Tether Like any relic/item augmented through the means of Sith Alchemy, there is a consequential drawback to the item. In the case of Nirwos, the longer it is in the wearer's possession, the more likely the wearer's "soul" or "spirit" is to be tethered and trapped within the mask, not allowing them to become one with the Force even after the death of the physical body. Instead, they are trapped within the mask. As such, those whose souls have become trapped within Nirwos cannot truly move on or be destroyed until the mask, itself is destroyed.

Strengths:
  • Lightsaber, What Lightersaber: Because of the natural properties of the Maalraas bone that is the base of Nirwos' design, coupled with the Norris Root Dye, Nirwos is highly resistant to lightsaber attack.
  • That Tickled: In addition to lightsaber resistance, the Norris Root dye also gives the mask a level of resistance to blaster/energy weaponry.
  • The Mind is a Powerful Thing: The augmentation applied to Nirwos through the process of Sith Alchemy, allows the mask to protect its wearer from attacks of the mind. It is not complete an utter protection but it would require a great deal more concentration and effort to truly effect the one who wears Nirwos with any kind of mental attack.

Weaknesses:
  • It's a Mask, Not a Helmet: Nirwos is designed for the properties it gives its wearer with mental protection, not from physical assault. Blunt trauma with enough force directed behind the strikes will shatter and break the mask with only the effort it would take to break the bone of a Maalraas.
  • Strife: Nirwos did not acquire its name by a random nature. In the common tongue, Nirwos translates to "Strife," a very fitting title for what it inflicts on its wearer. Even with the positive aspects the mask carries, its very nature to tether the wearer's spirit leads to continuous internal struggle and for spirits trapped within to fight for control, leading to a compromised personality could shift without warning. Within Nirwos, the spirit(s) trapped within live a life of torment.
  • Condemn the Light: Because the mask has been altered through the process of Sith Alchemy, Force abilities such as Force Light and Wall of Light could damage, nullify, or even destroy Nirwos.

Description:
The mask itself was originally crafted by a Sith Lord, Darth Abaddon (Boruin Jhinge) more than a millennia ago on the world of Ziost at a time when the had not been tarnished by and nearly wiped from existence by the one who became known as Darth Bane. Upon his death on the world of Prakith, Abaddon's soul, or spirit, became trapped within the mask whom he'd name "Nirwos" in High Sith ("Strife" in Basic) and for over a millennia his soul remained within the mask until an excavation of planet uncovered the mask that had lay dormant for so long. It was when the Jedi Master, Aitir Kor'sa, came to inspect the nature of this relic that had begun driving many workers to the brink of insanity by just being within its proximity, that Nirwos truly reawakened. For when the Master touched the mask, he was immediately overcome by the power of the Dark Side, allowing the opportunity for the spirit of the long "dead" Sith Lord to possess the Jedi's body, giving birth once more to the Sith Lord that had once tormented the galaxy. It has been possessed by Aitir for more than eighty years now.

At this point, if the mask were to be destroyed, the spirits of both Abaddon and Aitir would remain trapped withing Aitir's body, in a constant struggle for control, though terms slightly more even due to the lack of influence of the mask.

[member="Aitir Kor'sa"],

Aitir Kor'sa said:
Other: Average
What "Other" is there specifically? The reason the "other" section is put there, is for you to fill out with EMP/Ion, Sonic, Acid, or other such things. Most armors don't have those resistances, but it is left open to be filled by the submitter. (You in this case)

If you can fill out what is "Average" rating for these, or just remove it, that would help out.

Aitir Kor'sa said:
Kinetic: Low/Average Lightsabers: Very High/Extreme
May I ask why you split these two ratings? I can't read your mind so I am just asking for information.

Another weakness I recommend you add, is that because the item is created through Sith Alchemy, Force powers such as "Force Light" and "Wall of Light" could damage, render inert, or even destroy the artifact.

Otherwise, this looks fleshed out and well done.

I apologize on the "Other: Average" bit; that was just a simple misunderstanding, since I was taking into account the mental defense aspect of how it had been augmented as an additional defense, or "other." I'll go ahead and remove that.

As for the other point you mention, I wrote it that way because i was seeing it as something of an in-between of the 2 tiers in each instance. (ie not quite average, but higher than the common acceptance of "low." The same would apply to the "Very High/Extreme" instance)

Also, I'll definitely go ahead and add that weakness. It slipped my mind as i was finalizing the entry.

[member='Auberon']

[member="Aitir Kor'sa"],

Thank you with working with me and answering the question I had.

If you could make a singular choice for both that you believe would fit it best, that would be preferred. As a Factory judge, I always recommend to go as close as you can to the line for your ratings. I can explain the ratings and how they generally work in a PM or here if you so wish, but for the time being, use just one of the ratings for your resistances.

Aitir Kor'sa said:
I apologize on the "Other: Average" bit; that was just a simple misunderstanding, since I was taking into account the mental defense aspect of how it had been augmented as an additional defense, or "other." I'll go ahead and remove that.
That is fine. If you would like, You can put "Mental Force Powers: (whatever rating you wish)" in place of other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom