Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Niko Kel'tyr's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
UtD2SUH.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose Warplate (Vacuum/Hostile Environment)
  • Weight: Heavy (30 kg)
  • Resistances
    Blasters/Plasma: Very High
  • Kinetic: High
  • Lightsabers: High
  • EMP/Ion: High
  • Elemental: Average
  • Sonic: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES

Helmet
Torso
  • Backplate Mounted Power Pack
  • Emergency Power Pack (Redundant)
  • Secondary Oxygen Supply (6 Hours)
  • IFF Transponder
  • Grenade Bandolier/Combat Webbing
  • Grav Chute/Jetpack Backplate Mounting
  • Environmental Seal
  • Shockweb (20 Minute Energy Cell)
  • Anti-Ion Mesh
  • Shoulder Vibroblade Sheathe
  • Magnetized Weapon Mounting
Utility Belt
Gauntlets
Greaves
  • Magnetic Adhesion Soles
  • Ankle Vibroblade Sheathe
  • Kneeplate Dart Launcher (Paralytic, 4 Darts - Reloadable)
  • Anti-Ion Mesh
  • Magnetized Thigh Plate (Sidearm Mounting)
Strengths:
  • Heavy Armor: Heavy phrik plating, along with armored underlayers offer superior protection for Niko while wearing this armor. It is important to note that, due to the combination of phrik plating, solarium glasteel, and the personal energy shield, this armor is extremely protected against blaster fire and the like.
  • Ion Resistant: As with the Standard GADF-BDU-02, Niko kept the state of the art Ion resisting technology.
  • Advanced Warplate: Based on one of the best warplate designs in the galaxy, Niko's suit comes complete with a suite of technology designed to offer a combat operator extreme flexibility with all manner of mission profiles.
  • Stygium Cloak: One of the systems Niko added to the armor was a Stygium Cloak, allowing him to cloak himself when the need calls for it.
  • Strength Enhancement: Part of the original armor system that Niko customized, this armor suit adds enhancements to the wearers strength.
Weaknesses:
  • Flex-Armor Joints: All armor needs to allow the wearer to move. The joints of this warplate, while lined with weaves of reinforced armorweave, are still far more vulnerable than the plating.
  • Odd Signature: Despite the personal cloak of this armor, there is a very distinctive energy signature to this armor when its systems are active in battle mode. At first glance, it may not seem unusual from other armors, but continuing to come against it would allow an enemy to dial in the signature.
  • High Profile: The armor is based on a very distinctive design that has seen use across the old territories of the Alliance. Anyone who sees this armor knows what allegiance the wearer had at one point. Enemies of the Alliance have all the evidence they need to persecute the wearer of this suit as an Alliance soldier and sympathizer.
DESCRIPTION

Prior to the fall of the Alliance, Niko was one of a handful of soldiers who were given access to this state of the art warplate. Niko made sure to have his warplate speced out for warfare on his terms. He replaced the standard plates with customized phrik plating, and updated the utility belt with a stygium powered personal cloak.

The increase in protective qualities, and the cloaking device, altered the energy readings given off by this armor when it is fully in battle mode. At first glance, most would assume it to be a sensor glitch, but with every encounter an enemy can deduce that this is very unique armor.

Netherworld

[member="Niko Kel'tyr"]

I'll need you to add the following to the strengths section:
  • stygium-based cloaking system
  • power-enhancement system
The only real weakness you have (the joints) is basically negated in the same sentence. It's phrik-weave and reinforced armorweave. Most weaponry won't do jack. The other two are just irrelevant fluff.

Either tone back two of the resistance ratings or give this armor two solid, exploitable weaknesses.

[member="Netherworld"]

I added in the stygium and strength enhancement. The stygium had been an oversight, as I had meant to add that in.

The weaknesses I have are perfectly exploitable, the odd signature specifically negates the stygium cloak when exploited, the High Profile weakness is specifically taken from the original armor design this is based on, GADF-BDU-2, just reworded so I wouldn't be plagiarizing.

I can take the phrik weave out of the joints, though I was working on the premise that having trace amounts of a super metal would be far weaker than actual plates of the stuff, but I can see how others would abuse it just having the word Phrik in it.

Ultimately, I took a suit of armor that was Minor production, increased 2 stats 1 click each, added 2 restricted materials (one of which is the sole reason for the stat increases). The power enhancement was on the original, minor production armor and just kept over to here. I also tweaked the weaknesses a bit to reflect it being a more unique armor set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom