Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nightdust

Status
Not open for further replies.
ɢʀᴇᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ɢᴀʀɢᴏʟʏɴ

nightdust.png

O O C - I N F O R M A T I O N
  • Intent: Submit a Force suppressant created by Lesaj Ophrys.
  • Image Source:
    • "God of War Miscellaneous Work, Sindri's Magical Bag" by Yefim Kligerman.
  • Canon Link: No.
  • Permissions: N/a.
  • Primary Source:

P R O D U C T I O N - I N F O R M A T I O N

T E C H N I C A L - I N F O R M A T I O N
  • Classification: Force Suppressant.
  • Method of Consumption:
    • Inhaling.
    • Ingestion.
    • Transdermal absorption.
  • Average Life:
    • If inhaled or ingested: Around five hours.
    • If in contact: Indefinite, as long as contact is maintained.
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/Purpose:
    • Purpose: Impede Force Users from tapping into their connection to the Force.
    • Side Effects/Allergies: Replicates the effects of Shadeleaf poison to a milder degree, not life threatening but still incredibly painful.
    • Nutritional Value: None.

S P E C I A L - F E A T U R E S
  • Force Suppressant dust.
  • Botanical.

S T R E N G T H S
  • Force Bane: Nightdust acts as both an allergen and a poison against Force Users. Once an individual has been influenced by Nightdust's effects, their connection to the living Force will be muddled and blocked, potentially severing them from it completely and thus impeding the usage of Force powers of any kind. In addition, it is extremely likely to cause in Force Users some of the effects that Shadeleaf poison inflicts in most beings: intense pain, nausea and vomiting, difficulty breathing, slow heart rate. Although not confirmed, Lesaj believes that prolonged continuous exposure to Nightdust (several months to years) could sever an individual's connection to the Force permanently and perhaps irreversibly.
  • Adaptable: Nightdust can be used on its own (inhaled), mixed in with beverages or food (ingested), or even blended into most alloys or materials (contact). This allows for the dust to be employed in a number of different ways.

W E A K N E S S E S
  • Dosage: Unless one is intimately familiar with the potential victim, calculating the right amount of nightdust that should be employed against an individual and/or ensuring that all of it reaches its target is quite the task to achieve. Influence through contact is the most trustworthy method if complete suppression is desired, for inhalation or ingestion might not suffice to completely hamper an individual's connection to the Force unless they incorporate enough of the dust.
  • Contact: A nightdust laced object will only achieve it's desired effect over a Force User so long as there is direct contact to their skin. A thin layer of light clothing will grant some protection from the nightdust's effects, and anything layered or thicker than leather is likely to render the nightdust's influence through contact completely useless.
  • Non-Force Users: Nightdust has no effect whatsoever on beings not attuned to the Force. It is completely harmless and innocuous against them. On the other hand, it will not discriminate over which Force User it is affecting, so those with a connection to the Force who use Nightdust are taking a risk in being around the substance - since they are just as likely to suffer it's effects if mishandled.
  • Master Herbalist: Creating the dust is a task of indescribable hardship. Not only would it take an individual with a thorough knowledge of botany, the arcane apothecary and alchemical arts of the Witches of Gargolyn and the right skillset and experience to even attempt creating it, but several of the core ingredients of the dust are terribly difficult to acquire. The slightest of mistakes will render the dust useless, or significantly reduce its power, and it is anything but easy to replenish its stock if used unwisely.

D E S C R I P T I O N
Blessed with an endless patience and an unrivalled talent both for botany and the uncovering of its secrets - it was in her early adulthood that Lesaj Ophrys gained the certainty that there were hidden powers to the Shadeleaf plant that were trying to avoid discovery. After many years of research and failed attempts, her efforts finally bore their result: one she would discover through her own pain and suffering. Ever since the creation of the Nightdust, which almost cost her her own connection to the Force, Lesaj has refined its formula and to this day continues working towards perfecting it. She has chosen to keep both its recipe and its existence a closely guarded secret, and only a lucky few have ever managed to get their hands on a pouch of the powerful dust.

The process of making it is arduous and complex. The main ingredients of Nightdust are Shadeleaf and Witches' Grass. The black roots from the shadeleaf are dried and prepared, the same process is repeated for Feurstrae's roots and then both are crushed and grounded on a mortar until a thin powder is developed, which is then to be treated and refined several times until the final product is achieved. After the process has been completed, nightdust can be used on its own (thrown dust can be inhaled), mixed in with beverages or foods (poisoning through ingestion) or mixed in with other materials, more commonly metal alloys, in which case it will exert its influence through direct physical contact (shackles, jewelry, etc.).

Lesaj Lesaj

Creating anti-Force devices and materials in a balanced but still useful manner is quite the challenge, but one you've handled excellently. Kudos to you, I hope to have a character on the receiving end one day. Much more interesting than Ysalamiri in my opinion.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom