Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Night Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a specially modified Arcon-class for the SJC Shadows
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Spec Ops Frigate (Official designation is Utility Frigate)
  • Length: 210 m
  • Width: 70 m
  • Height: 70 m
  • Armament: Low (4x quad light particle cannon turrets, 1x Orbital range light railgun)
  • Defenses: Extreme (Heavy deflectors, reinforced durasteel, scanning and missile jammers)
  • Hangar Space: Average: 1
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 1-0 squadrons (Variable)
    • Support Craft: 1-0 squadrons (Variable)
  • Single Craft Hangar: No
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: 0.8
STANDARD FEATURES
  • 4x quad light particle cannon turrets
  • Orbital range light railgun
  • Heavy deflectors
  • Reinforced durasteel
  • Missile and scanner jammers
  • 4x Variable position heavy ion-jet engines
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Nightshadow coated compartments for Shadow operations.
  • Advanced scanning and comms suite: This advanced suite has access to various advanced communications system for encryption, intercept, and decoding; and an advanced scanning system that can function to ID various targets without being detected passively.
  • RGS-3 "Guideshell"
STRENGTHS
  • Hides in plane sight.
  • Stealth operations.
  • Quick.
  • Class 0.8 hyperdrive
WEAKNESSES
  • Light anti-ship armament.
  • Active scanning could detect what the advanced scanners are collecting data on.
  • The craft's official designation could be an issue at times.
  • The light railgun has limited uses outside of firing Guideshells.
DESCRIPTION
The Night Rose is a specially modified Arcon-class utility ship designed to be operated by the SJC's Shadows. Masked under the identity of a standard utility vessel under the SJC's fleet, the Rose is designed to hide its goals in plain sight. The vessel is equipt with advanced scanners and systems hidden behind Nightshadow, and has an expanded hanger for it's utility bay. Along with this, a few of the quad turrets were scrapped for the addition of an orbital range light railgun, and experimental RGS-3 "Guideshell" railgun shells. Provided with the agreement to not go full bombardment mode, one stemming from Clan Gred's own past, the railgun was mounted and is loaded with the guided shells, allowing of precision covering fire of Shadow operatives. The vessel was also provided with a squadron of Viper "Blackbird II" Special Operations Interceptors, but these aren't always carried by the frigate.

On the down side, the Night Rose is still light on weapons, and advanced scanning could pick up any active ID scans that are being attempted. There is also the chance that the Rose's official designation could interfere with other operations.

Last edited:
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a specially modified Arcon-class for the SJC Shadows
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Spec Ops Frigate (Official designation is Utility Frigate)
  • Length: 210 m
  • Width: 70 m
  • Height: 70 m
  • Armament: Low (4x quad light particle cannon turrets, 1x Orbital range "guildshell" railgun)
  • Defenses: Extreme (Heavy deflectors, reinforced durasteel, jammers)
  • Hangar Space: Average: 1
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 1-0 squadrons (Variable)
    • Support Craft: 1-0 squadrons (Variable)
  • Single Craft Hangar: No
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive: 0.8
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Heavy deflectors
  • Reinforced durasteel
  • Jammers
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Nightshadow coated compartments for Shadow operations.
  • Advanced scanning and comms suite: This advanced suite has access to various advanced communications system for encryption, intercept, and decoding; and an advanced scanning system that can function to ID various targets without being detected passively.
  • Orbital Range "Guildshell" Railgun: A low caliber railgun with a somewhat strange function that now takes up the old single craft hanger. Effectively, it's only about as powerful as a heavy laser cannon, but it's range and unique guided shells allows it to easily assist Shadows operating on the ground while causing minimum collateral. (This one also notably needed some assurances to CST on its use.)
STRENGTHS
  • Hides in plane sight.
  • Stealth operations.
  • Quick.
WEAKNESSES
  • Light anti-ship armament.
  • Active scanning could detect what the advanced scanners are collecting data on.
  • The craft's official designation could be an issue at times.
DESCRIPTION
The Night Rose is a specially modified Arcon-class utility ship designed to be operated by the SJC's Shadows. Masked under the identity of a standard utility vessel under the SJC's fleet, the Rose is designed to hide its goals in plain sight. The vessel is equipt with advanced scanners and systems hidden behind Nightshadow, and has an expanded hanger for it's utility bay. Along with this, a few of the quad turrets were scrapped for the addition of an experimental "Guideshell" railgun. Provided with the agreement to not go full bombardment mode, one stemming from Clan Gred's own past, the railgun was mounted and is loaded with guided shells, allowing of precision covering fire of Shadow operatives. The vessel was also provided with a squadron of Viper "Blackbird II" Special Operations Interceptors, but these aren't always carried by the frigate.

On the down side, the Night Rose is still light on weapons, and advanced scanning could pick up any active ID scans that are being attempted. There is also the chance that the Rose's official designation could interfere with other operations.

Hey there! Overall nice job, but there are a few questions i have/issues that need to be addressed.

Technical Specifications:
  • Armament: Is there a cannon reference to this ‘guildshell’/’guideshell’ railgun (it’s spelled both ways in your submission)? If not, please submit the guildshell railgun as a separate submission. Unless you can provide me with a cannon reference, or until such a time as you submit his railgun, this submission will remain pending.
  • Defenses: What kind of jammers are you using?
Strengths: You must list the 0.8 hyperdrive as a specific strength.

Please address these items and tag me in your response. Thank you!

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Ok. Added the hyperdrive to strengths and specified the jammers. As for the guideshell railgun, for starters sorry for the misspelling, and as for what it is, it based on the Excalibur artillery shells irl, which are a guided shell, and would be... at least from what I can tell kinda similar to how some of the old techbooks showed proton torpedoes working. If I still need to make a separate sub though, that won't be a problem.

Martin Draigo Martin Draigo

Ok. Added the hyperdrive to strengths and specified the jammers. As for the guideshell railgun, for starters sorry for the misspelling, and as for what it is, it based on the Excalibur artillery shells irl, which are a guided shell, and would be... at least from what I can tell kinda similar to how some of the old techbooks showed proton torpedoes working. If I still need to make a separate sub though, that won't be a problem.

While I do not doubt your intentions in your explanation of how this guideshell railgun would function, I think the function described in this submission in the context of a 'railgun' is specialized enough to warrant its own submission, per the standards of The Factory.

On the other hand, if you are basically going about a fancy way of explaining you have a proton torpedo launcher, then just call it a proton torpedo launcher and link the entry accordingly.

That is my stance. Either submit this new weapon, or adjust to reference a proton torpedo system.

Martin Draigo Martin Draigo Uh.... I did already specify that. Missile and scanner.

Did you...?

STANDARD FEATURES
  • Orbital range light railgun
  • Heavy deflectors
  • Reinforced durasteel
    [*]Jammers

I must be missing it elsewhere in your submission, but this is the section that appears vague to me. Please clarify in this section, then we should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom