Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Night Play

Once upon a time on a planet far far away there's lived a green eyed brunette. She was living the dream or at least it seemed to those who watched her.

A few businesses that brought her some credits, a few friends that brought her company, and she could add to it all that she liked what she did. Earlier she had gone off to check out some of the competition growing on Coruscant.

Who didn't want to live on Coruscant, technology, crowds, and a constant flow of customers.

Tonight however was not all about business she had met a friend, well she hoped she would be a friend. [member="Jessica Bowers"] . After the club they were walking back to the Lucky Lady Rekha's port in any storm.

She smiled warmly at Jessica as they walked along, "So um, do you really like what you do?" It was important as she well knew, and now that they were out and away from a few prying eyes it was an easier conversation they could have

Last edited:
Unusually enough, tonights shift had came to an end on set time for the female sergeant of the CPD. Last thing they had done was checking The Dusk out for disturbances. There, things was like it used to be; a never ending party, coated with deafening bass and injected over consumption of booze. Their presence had the effect they hoped for and there had been nothing to report, except for a guy named Orex Mauda that she had got an uneasy and suspicious feeling for. Someone to spread the word about in the precinct. They had also bumped into [member="Rekha Kaarde"], the owner of the The Luck Lady who had offered them information in exchange for a couple of extra checks. As important the informants was, Jessica had accepted the offer. Inofficialy at first and now they were heading for her ''spot of operations'', The Luck Lady.

After parting with Mathis at the station she had went home for a quick change before again meeting up with Rekha. Out of the police uniform and into a pair of slim-fit light blue denims, paired with knee-high black boots and a olive green draped top that snug nicely around her waist. Topping it of with a short tan leather jacket. The blonde hair let out over her shoulders with a side parting, ditching her at work otherwise practical ponytail.

''I do! If I didn't like my job I wouldn't have it, right?'' she answered with assurance and looked at Rekha as they walked down the neon flooded promenade in the pub district, returning her smile.

''What about you? I mean, it must be a pain sometimes being a business woman in this district?''

They moved along casually enjoying the night air and talking as easily as they had before. She nodded, "you have to love what you do or it really becomes a job when it can be so much more." Working could be a chore and for many that she served it was. She had listened to a number of stories of despair and boredom for eight hours each day.

But now Rekha she laughed the question being turned on her slightly, "It can be. It many ways, ya know someone comes through the door and ya think oh here comes Sara, or Micah or someone new. And that night just happens to be their off night. Not off not working but off in something has pushed them over the edge. They walk up to the bar order a drink, and throw a punch at the guy next them."

It happened like that sometimes just needed to hit someone and did. "Those nights its not great. Nor are the nights I"m robbed, or someone takes a shipment, or..some other block to business."

That was just the odd stuff that didn't include the staff not showing up when they should or the band not coming...those nights were a breeze compared to fight nights.

"But the district is the place to be, anyone can come, and you can help anyone who needs it." And didn't have enough faith to ask. "You ever think of having a business?"

[member="Jessica Bowers"]

''Yeah, and I realy do! Even though it has it's downsides, it's upsides in helping people and making a contribution to society weights it up alot. I wanted to be a cop since as long as I can remember.'' she continued, placing her hands in the jeans pockets as she watched the neon signs and people they passed by and then back at Rekha. A smile broke up on her lips as Rekha told her about all the genesis that apparently could occur at The Luck Lady.

''And that's why you need me, huh?'' she asked as they walked along.

When the question of her trying out running a business, she chuckled slightly and shaked her head. ''Nah, I'm fine with being an employee. Maybe you could be one hell of a cop, though?'' she returned then question and glanced back to the brunette that had showed her integrity and traits of not being a woman to be tossed about back at The Dusk.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Two words Rekha wasn't sure she used often enough, helping others. Rekha laughed and that's why she needed her....needed [member="Jessica Bowers"] , "Um....yes it would be nice to have someone who can haul them off to sleep it off rather than me locking in the cooler for the night."

Rekha didn't really go for calling the leo's when trouble rang she dealt with it. No that didn't mean bodies in the alley it meant someone got a bruise, or a place to cool off. Jarrod was her muscle he could manhandle almost anyone into the cooler...and if they were creative they could even eat something in there...frozen something or other..

"COP, me..." then she really belly laughed, "I don't think so Jessica I....don't think I have that disposition. ya know helping, calm...diplomat..I'm more the....shoot first...ask questions later.."

She winked at Jess as they turned a corner. "Coruscant isn't the same as it once was though. Sith marks are still evident in places, they don't quite feel safe yet. Now that's what you are needed for helping them feel protected...safe."

If she couldn't be a cop she could respect what they could do.

''It's probably the best for both you and your guests, yeah!'' she said and laughed along with her. ''We'll see what we can do about your public disorder problem.'' she continued as the two stolled along and turned a corner.

''Well, your type is also needed in the department. I some situations. I'd make sure to hold your fathiers so you don't wander too much off the protocol!'' she said chuckling and refering to the race beasts on Cantonica.

''We do our best. It's not always that easy, but thanks for your understanding.'' Enough of the work talk, already. They were not realy out here and on the way to the Luck Lady to talk about work. ''Let's forget about our jobs for a second... What do you do when you're not managing The Luck Lady? Any kids? A waiting husband back home?''

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"OH Catonica, I have a party boat there....poor creatures...." Rekha shook her head having lost all concentration on the previous conversation she thought about living on the water for a month and how it just seemed to take all her concerns and bury them at the bottom of the lakes and oceans.

She smiled then looked back to Jessica, "Yeah.." she shook her head, "So do you have to stick your pinky out in these diplomatic situations?" Rekha held her hand up as she mimicked holding a cup with her pinky up.

Yeah...no...she wasn't the...elegant type of girl...maybe one time she was. Or had hopes of being. But that was long ago now she found herself staring at the sidewalk for a minute...feth...shaking her head,

"I could use a little drink..how about you?" So many questions she asked..giving poor Jess little time to answer.

''Well, I didn't go out to stay dry! It's going to be interesting to see what your place could offer!'' she said with a light chuckle and smile to Rekha.

''And I'm not sure I get what you mean with sticking my pinky out?'' she continued as they two should begun closing in on The Luck Lady by now. Rekha did avoid the more intimate questions and Jess wasn't the one to force it out of new aquaintances. The two had just begun to get to know each other, so she let it be for now.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Yes she had not answered the personal questions she knew that cops were supposed to be trusted but this wasn't a trust thing really. This was a Rekha thing there were some things that she just found hard to talk about.

Like a husband, and kids. She had come close real close..but it had all slipped away time and time again. She chalked it up to her personality ya know a fault with her not with the guy galaxy forbid that she allow someone else to take the blame.

Yeah maybe if she had a few drinks and needed to talk she'd would tell Jessica but not tonight she looked over and gave her smile hoping that if she ever worked up the courage to explain she'd understand but then again she didn't really know her...not yet. Some things took time.

"Come on in" she grinned brightly as they turned the final corner to head into the Lucky Lady. It wasn't flashy really a bit subdued for Coruscant and bit well aged. She liked it aged and did her customers. As they passed through the doors Rekha stopped taking a deep breath. "home" she winked at Jess.

'HONEY I'M HOME!!!"

Jarrod, a big man with meaty paws came up, "You're late...." She smiled, "Jess, this is Jarrod."

"So specialty of the house is a Blue Virgin, in honor of the squirt, [member="Makai Dashiell"] I'll explain about him....BUT since this is your first time here...." Rekha looked around she felt all the tension leave her. This was her domain she was at ease here.

"You tell me what you want, that's on the menu, or behind bar, and I'll get it" She had to be careful about words...she offered anything one night and well...things the patron wanted were not on the menu...they were WAY off the menu.

Jarrod nodded, "hungry?" Rekha smiled, "always...but uh I can wait a bit I need something I don't know what..but I'll know it when I see it" Jarrod nodded then looked to Jessica, "Welcome...are you hungry?"

Food and drinks. Somewhere in the background the band began to play.

She smirked slightly at Rekhas comment about being home. She must have got a strong emotional connection to the place. Jess glanced around and she instantly liked the character and feel of the place. Not too fancy but neither too worn out, kind of something in between which was nice. The place had a personal character to it.

Wow. Rekha realy did turn into a more relaxed person. Jess took the man who were called Jarrods hand, a big man but she could meet up with his handshake in firmness just fine. He might have been surprised. Less so if he knew her background and work.

''Oh, if it's your speciality I'll take it. Yeah.'' she replied to Rekha telling her about the Blue Virgin. ''What's in it?'' she continued as they two took each others bar stool and got comfortable.

''Thanks, but I think I make the same move as Rekha, Jarrod. Waiting a bit with it.'' she said and offered the man a soft smile before turning back to Rekha.

''I like it already! So, this is your fortress, huh?''

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Rekha laughed she remembered sitting and trying to think of what to do "Well I ran into this kid out on Bespin, young for being in a bar. Least I thought, when I got back here I wanted something that would well make me think of him...good kid really."

Yes Makai was a good kid s far as kids go that is.

"Blue milk ice cream, cambylictus berries and some ice. Its real tame kind like the kid." Makai would not be happy to hear her refer to him as tame he taken on quite a lot as a kid there was more to him than folks knew.

Rekha slid off the stool and headed behind the bar staring back at [member="Jessica Bowers"], "Yes this is my fortress my....home. Really. The one place that I come through the doors and the rest stays out there." She lifted her hand and pointed towards the doors, "Almost sanctuary, do you have a place like that Jess?"

Jarrod nodded and headed towards the kitchen, "Well it hits ya let me know"

Rekha looked towards him watching him retreat, "He's like a mother hen at times." He was good, a good first mate, a good husband least that's what Zoey said, and a good father. A gentle soul who had seen the worst in people.

Thank goddess that it was a long time ago now. She smiled looking back at Jess again, "he's a good guy to know if you need to find me you come here, he knows how to find me. Or knows where I am." She told lots of folks this he helped, she helped but no one need know that.

Jessica nodded quietly as Rekha told the, supposedly, short story about how she came in posession of the place. It was not hard to notice that Rekha took pride in the place and that she enjoyed just being here. Surely it would bring a bunch of good credits, too. The drink sounded like nothing she had tried before, she were usually a beer and wine girl herself but were not refusing something new if it was offered. With her blue gaze she followed Rekha behind the bar, just to break away with it when she asked if she had a place like this - maybe not this personal and special. Monument Plaza had its moments on very early mornings when there was hardly any people around and the shops were closed. Touching the planets only uncovered mountain top were something surreal if you thought about it for a second. She tipped her head to the side slightly.

''Hmm, maybe not like yours... When the whole freaking planet is a town, it's hard but if you know where to look you'll find your sweet spots when doing the night shifts. Monument Plaza, for one.'' she stated and looked up at Rekha to meet her gaze.

''I'll keep that in mind. You know where to find me, just call the emergency number and ask for me!'' she said partly joking with a chuckle.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

She stopped and listened to Jessica a moment, a sweet spot.....a.."hey did you know there's a place on Corusant that has a real garden, real grass....and you can sit there...no one will bother you."

It was on embassy row but still Rekha had an in with Rianna to be able to go there when she wanted. As long as she was civil and minded her pqs. She went once in a while but it was a place that needed sharing, it was ok for the alone time but...even in silence there could be sharing.

Rekha was a people pleaser someone who wanted to fix it, or find a way to make someone smile, happy. Rekha was also tended to jump subjects. A bit like that four legged furry creature that saw the other one with the long furry tail....every time he saw it he forgot what he was doing to chase it. Rekha could be like that, chasing squirrels.

"Soo....back to the other thing...do you want a drink...beer, wine.......blue milk.....I got it. And if I ain't got I'll find it." She smiled big as her gaze was caught by the men coming in. She stayed smiling but that tiny muscle in her cheek twitched a bit.

Oh things were gonna get bumpy from here....maybe.

Hmm. She felt a bit dumb for not knowing what Rekha just said. She thought she knew alot about Coruscant, being born and raised here and all. Also she har spendt most of her working time in its police force. She knew a great deal about it, but this was something new. Unbelievable. After all, she could not say she had been covering the whole planet.

''No... Didn't know about that, actually. Where would that be? You sure it's not artificial?'' she said and tried to look less surprised than she was, looking at Rekha with a raised eyebrow.

''Oh, beer's fine!'' she replied when the brunette night club owner changed the subject. ''A light one. Don't bother for a glass.''

She saw that Rekhas gaze was caught by something at the enterance and followed it. A couple of guys that supposedly looked for the nights last drink, they were under the influence alright but could still walk and talk. Adjusting herself a bit on the seat, she let her attention go of them and again turned it to Rekha if she had a bad feeling about it or if they would carry on with their conversation.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Oh I'm positive" she answered een as her green eyes tracked the men coming through the doors, they looked her way for a moment then headed to one of the corners. Ava hesitated but recovered quickly and headed off to get their drink order.

"The Alderaan Embassy, its known for having a garden. A live garden." Rekha turned her head and looked at Jessica noticing that she too had turned to look.

"Beer..got it..no glass..." She laughed even if it did sound a bit hollow and forced. She picked up a bottle popping the top then set it on the bar. She leaned close to Jessica, "Red Circle". Rekha hated them it was personal and business.

Jarrod's presence was felt Rekha looked back, "Cheese sticks...I want cheese stick...or poppers..you know those spicy things." She wanted to get him out and doing something other than worrying over her. "You like to spice it up?" She grinned genuinely.

''Oh, they have a live garden? I'll have to make sure to visit it sometime!'' she exclaimed, noting she knew the place but never been inside their walls. As and embassy, they were not fond of letting the planetary police force inside its premises. Considering they were, in this case, alderaanian soild and property.

Jessica grabbed the bottle by its neck and started to take a sip of it, just as Rekha leaned in close to her ear to say something that would not be heard by any others. Red Circle? A small bell rang with the sergeant, but not too clearly. She glanced at Rekha and finished the prolonged sip, before turning her head slightly and threw a quick glance back at them before turning back to Rekha.

''It does ring a bell, but not too much... You've had troubles with them?'' she asked, not too sure what the brunette woman meant.

''You mean the cheese sticks? Oh, yeah... I love spicy food!'' she replied to her question about the nights snacks and flashed her a smile, before taking another sip of the cold beer.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"I can take you to see the garden, I have a pass." She had a pass because of Rianna and their history together. No other reason no secrets, well not really. But that was a story for another night perhaps, right now the offer to take her to see something living, life affirming seemed the best story.

Did she have trouble with them? Trouble felt slightly understated she had disasters with them that started small and escalated into money or your life times. "You could say I have trouble with them. They..." She looked over again to where they had moved to. She smiled, "they try to be slick coming in here they'll stay for one or two drinks then slip out again."

Spies, scouts, whatever term you wanted to use for them.

Rekha looked for Jarrod he had disappeared to cook and bring food.

Rekha leaned on the bar the forefinger of her right hand began drawing circles. "Do...you...do..." her voice trailed off not sure she should involved Jessica into something that could spoil a budding friendship, put her in harms way, and create a lot of questions.

"night surveillance?"

''Oh, that would be realy nice, actually!'' she said, accepting Rekha's offer to see those gardens someday. Taking another sip of the beer, she listened to that little story about the men that had just entered and taken a booth behind them across the room.

''And you would just get into more trouble if you banned them, right?'' she said and a small hopeless sigh left her after Rekha was finished. She very well understood that if Rekha banned them, it could just get worse. The underworld were deep, complex and very difficult for even the CPD to work against sometimes. It did not rule out that they did what they could and when they could, though.

''Night surveillance? We're out every night trying to keep this planet as safe as we can. What exactly did you have in mind, Rekha?'' she replied, not too sure what the brunette meant and puzzled by her hesitation to say what she wanted, in her own bar and fortress.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

[member="Jessica Bowers"]​

"Yeah, its to my benefit to know their schedule. Once they leave here one of my little birds will follow then come back. This way we get to know everyone they are..talking with." Talking was a loose term really it was more like they were scamming a few, scaring a few, and spying on the others. The Circle was gathering more knowledge.

She was hesitant because this would be drawing Jessica in to a fight that Rekha prided herself on handling alone. Yes yes Jessica was trained, and had all the right credentials. But that could be a problem too those credentials could get her, as in Jessica killed. It could also affect Jessica's friends, family anyone that she came in contact with.

A few months back Rekha's fortress had been invaded leaving her for dead. so she was cautious knowing what could happen to anyone around her.

"I was thinking that we hang out here for a while eat drink but in a bit take a stroll to watch our friends." She smiled, "a little night play"

''You realise neither you or I are equipped for that, right?'' she gave Rekha a raised eyebrow and took the last sip of the beer, putting it down on the counter and pushed the bottle away.

''Got any more of those? I'll pay you for it. No need to bribe this cop further, you know.'' she said and winked at the brunette.

Rekha was a curious one, not particulary afraid of getting her nose into things. She would probably become a good cop and colleague. Yet, she seemed to be a business woman at heart and what little sallary that the department could offer were little compared to what The Luck Lady produced, even if it came with a lot of work.

''But I like your thinking, Rekha. Maybe another time, when I'm on duty?'' she continued and threw a glance into the kitchen and then back at her.

''What's on the menu tonight then?'' she said and drew her shoulders up a little, resting her arms folded on the counter. She felt the day and night was slowly coming to an end.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom