Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Nice to Meet You, Master

Kalt Bruq
Outside the Sith Academy, Dromund Kaas
864 ABY

Kalt leaned against a wall at main entrance of the Sith Academy pyramid, where he agreed to meet his new Master. Outwardly, Kalt appeared to be donning an impressive piece of armor, garnished with Sith symbols and featuring vibrant colors ranging from reds to orange and yellows, which shifted and changed as others approached. Yet as others proceeded inside or lost sight of him, it changed into a puffy bath robe, goofy and innocent, a complete opposite of what they initially saw and totally out of place. Before him was a datapad, held up before him by some grotesque and lanky severed arm reaching up from the floor. The base of the arm seemed to balance off the floor, folds of skin spread out to stabilize it while Kalt read from the pad.

As people passed, Kalt seemed to watch carefully. One would expect that he was looking to see who they were, if they were his new master come to meet him. While that was likely still the case, his attention was definitely on their reactions, especially with regards to the shift of his appearance. More than one person approached him, wondering what he was doing, from there he would play games. He would deny what they saw and claim some position that would contradict what his appearance suggested. After every encounter he would document it in the datapad before him.

On one or two occasions some guard or another would be brought to clear things up, which is when he would finally reveal the truth of his intentions as well as indicating that there was nothing wrong with what he was doing. If so many people were fooled or distracted by his illusions, then shouldn't that reflect on their inability to see through them?

Once he noticed the appearance of Alina, from what he recognized on the Sith net (at the levels he naturally had access to), he gave a courteous bow. "Hello Master Tremiru, it is an honor to make your acquaintance." He said, still seeming to maintain the illusion he was presenting outwardly.

370d9lz.png

Quite the sense of pride had filled Alina when she arrived earlier in the day. No longer a student, in fact. She was here to teach. Find her own acolyte that she could mold into what she saw as Sith. To start changing how the Empire was by starting the new generation off right. She stood in one of the training rooms, dressed in a simple, sleeveless black T and some slacks. Still somewhat Sith, but far more breathable than the stuffy robes. She kept her back to the door as the acolyte entered the room, opting for a bit of mysteriousness.

"Good of you to arrive, though try to be on time."

Quite the curious brow lifted as Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq came into view once she turned. The fact he'd been stopped made him late, and it was obvious why. Her eyes narrowed after a moment before she reached up. All at once the Force died around him, snuffed out like a candle in a winter storm. "I suppose we'll start with the first lesson. There is a time and place to goof off. This is not that place."

Kalt's expression froze in shock as his connection to the force was severed. The rising intensity of losing something so intrinsically tied to him was very apparent. He dropped to his knees, almost breaking down right there before he took a deep breath in. He then corrected his stance, rising to a more respectful, kneeling bow.

"My apologies master. I must admit that I wanted to experiment... and provoke your power. My curiosity overcame my better judgement." He said in a respectful but calm voice. Although any search of his feelings would likely betray the panic he just buried within.

While Kalt had expected such a thing before entering the room, he still couldn't anticipate the shock of the severing. It hadn't factored into him just how dependent he was on the force. In truth he was nearly defenseless in this state and just for that he immediately found respect for his new master.

370d9lz.png

"It is unwise to test your betters. There are many that would see fit to end your life for such transgressions." Not that she was that kind of person. Alina let out a sigh as she lowered her hand. The Force would return in a rush of energy, more akin to the breaking of a dam. Then she'd nod. "Now, stand. As much as I'd like to be the typical master, I'm not. You are a user of illusions and sorcery. These are abilities I am unable to do myself, but not for a lack of trying. You will become what I cannot for the betterment of the Empire." For her, really. Knowledge was useless if it wasn't used. If she wanted to take the Empire for herself, this was one avenue of power she needed.

"Understood?"

Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq

As the force returned to him, he reflexively took in a deep breath, now that his inner turmoil now had a chance to calm. It was like the rush of relief one gets when they can finally breath again, after being submerged to the brink of drowning. Kalt attempted to memorize the experience. He wanted to know what her victims would feel, to know how he could potentially use those feelings.

"Yes, Master, I understand." Kalt said as he stood up, in response to her commands. Admittedly it had been a while since he worked with anyone really. He was fortunate that she was so forgiving but he would need to use this as a reminder not to underestimate her. Even despite this, however, he still felt that provoking her was worth it. There was a degree of excitement, anticipation on his face.

Alina was colder than Vaulkhar, that traitor. No doubt that would me she was more loyal. A true Sith, even if she lacked the full capability in the force.

"Master, if you don't mind me asking, but would there be a chance I could learn such a power as yours?"

370d9lz.png

"You don't have to keep addressing me as Master, at least in private. I am not a Sith Lord, yet." That, and given her relationship with Darth Strosius Darth Strosius and the knowledge he was once a slave, Master had always given her a bitter taste in her mouth. 'My Lord', perhaps, but only when she had earned that title. A curious brow raised at his question, though. Could Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq learn how to break the Force? Her upbringing and how her body changed when she became a Sangnir all created this power. That, and the unnatural connection she had to the Force.

"A form of it, perhaps. But, I believe what makes this power so potent is the same thing that prevents me from using the Force as you do. A broken connection, or something." What her ability was the result of, she didn't actually know. Alina had spent time learning what the ability was, and how to use it. But how it came about, why she could do what she could do, she had no idea.

"Now, I want to see what you can do. Reports are one thing, but seeing it in person is something else. Fight me like you would fight a Jedi so I might see where we should start your training."

"Should I call you Alina in private?" Kalt asked Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , being somewhat cautious so as to avoid offending. He didn't want to further his already bad first impression, even if it was somewhat intentional.

"Perhaps further research might benefit us both on such a matter." Kalt suggested on the matter of her special power and lack of ability with anything else in the force. He was familiar with the tales of a Jedi millennia ago, who could consciously severe her own connection to the force, and that such an ability could potentially be taught. In that instance, such an ability created a wound in the force... More research was definitely required before he could say anything on the matter though.

Kalt had figured she would want to see his capabilities. It was pretty normal for such a teacher to do so. Kalt did feel some concern however. Not that he hadn't practiced but it had been a while since he was in a real fight. "Very well." Kalt drew his lightsaber, his stance and the curved hilt of the blade suggested his Makashi preference. The core of his blade was black, with an ominous red glow. He called on the force to create a projection, a second Kalt emerged from him, the two being indistinguishable from each other visually. They walked away from each other and around Alina, flanking her on both sides.

Once sufficiently distanced, if given the chance, they would lurch forward, the one on her left feigning a strike while the one on the right went in for a low strike. Seemingly a probing strike, to see how conscious she was of the illusion and how she would defend herself.

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Alina is fine, yes." She saw no reason for Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq not to use her first name. Alina wanted no blind obedience from her apprentices. They, like she was, would be given the freedom to discover themselves and their own power. Though she would have a more hands on approach than her own master. Teaching the acolyte how to sever the Force though, that would be interesting. More importantly, a power to upset the balance currently in play in the wars raging all over the Empire.

Makashi. It was a form she knew. Her master used it. Iasha Rha Iasha Rha used it. Had things gone differently, she herself might of used it. Instead, her own style was the far more aggressive stance of Juyo. As his blade ignited, she brought out her own. The crosshilted saber burned into existence, the classic red of Sith as she watched his approach.

It was an interesting application of Illusionry. Had she not been able to feel the Force as she did now, there was no way she'd be able to tell the difference. Even then, it was hard enough to tell. There was a difference, subtle as it was, between the two. The flow was altered for one. But without the prior knowledge, she had no idea which could truly be the real one.

So she acted as if they both were.

As the strikes came she twisted through them, jumping off the floor to slip between the strikes. A powerful kick was launched for the one on her left, while her saber cut forth for the one on her right.

Kalt's projection reeled back from the kick, unprepared for the sudden strike. The impact of her foot against it would have felt real enough, the projection was programmed to respond with an equal telekinetic force to give the impression solid form. Although it might feel slightly off or without "texture" given clothing, skin, et cetera, that doesn't exist in the illusion. At the very least she didn't pass through it like a normal illusion, and in the moment might not realize the detail. Projection was somewhat of a more advanced move for Kalt but more practical than a standard illusion. In this sense, he suspected, if she didn't know which was which, then the impact might convince her the other was fake.

Of course, he didn't have a lot of time to think of this as she had countered with her own swing in his direction this time. Before he could really consider the tactical benefit he chose to recover his blade and parry. It was rushed and messed up his stance, forcing him to retreat back a step. He recomposed himself and then embraced a defensive stance. He had provoked his master and already slipped up, so returning to Makashi's strengths made sense in this situation.

His doppelganger continued to make a distraction behind her, as it was programmed to do, swinging his blade around and appearing to take a more offensive stance. Kalt's strategy was to make use of her reaction, if she pushed too aggressively, he'd deflect or maybe even riposte, with the doppelganger maybe even pushing her forward to further sabotage her footing. If she attacked the more aggressive projection instead, he would be able to press at her rear, maybe even getting a strike in.

370d9lz.png

Oh?

Alina's attention turned to the Doppleganger once Kalt Bruq Kalt Bruq dodged back. She hadn't expected there to be some sort of solidity to an illusion. And both seemed to be real enough to interact with. She dodged backwards from the 'illusion'. Truthfully, she couldn't tell which was where. It left her all too vulnerable to his combination.

Had it been anyone else, this might of actually overwhelmed them.

Her blade batted away every strike she could as she waved through the combination of strikes. Not daring to assume one was real but accepting and learning just how strong her new apprentice was. Then, when she felt she learned enough, she cut off the Force. Severing it around her to force the illusion to fade.

"Clever. A common person certainly wouldn't be able to tell which is what. How much focus does it take for you to do this?"

The sudden severing of the force had shaken him again. He didn't allow it to bring him down again, although the sudden jolt in his body and momentary expression of discomfort was very much visible. Likely she could feel the rising tension of fear and continuing anxiety in him before it became squashed by pride, as it should. It took him a moment to realize that the fight had stopped, and that she had done so to clear the illusion and speak to the real him. "A bit initially..." There was slight hoarseness to his breath before he recomposed himself. "... but afterward, it's autonomous. Controlled mostly through what I program it to do. In this case, to distract you with attacks while I attack from the other side, hopefully to split your attention. From that point I can continue with other powers or focus on my lightsaber attacks. However, it would lack adaptability without my programming it further, which can draw my attention away briefly." He explained, probably with a bit too much detail but it was clear that his pride and interest in the subject had overtaken his other feelings prior.

"A reason for my interest in your ability, is it's potential for illusions. It's possible for sufficiently powerful adepts such as yourself to see through them with the force, so I have to put more effort into it. But without the force to guide them, I could potentially utilize more extreme illusions..." He pondered.

"I've been working on something, I'm not finished yet, but it would involve a combination of the power of the projection you just saw and a general illusion. I like to call it the 'hall of mirrors'." He said, realizing he was ranting somewhat. Whether that was because his connection to the force was still severed or because he genuinely wanted to was anyone's guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom