Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nexus Infused Star-Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
R2Xt2Gp.png

Nexus Infused Star-Iron

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The creation of a force-reactive and resonant metal intended to be used in the creation of weapons, vehicles, and artifacts.
  • Image Source: Midjourney
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Bogan Fleet Systems and The Sith Order
  • Affiliation: The Sith Order
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: N/A
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Iron found on strongly dark-side attuned worlds refined through various metallurgic processes to increase its resonance with the force.
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Color: Jet-black with star-like shimmering patterns on the surface
  • Resistances:
    • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): Low
    • Kinetic: Very Low
    • Lightsabers: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • If used in conjunction with force-focusing architectural techniques and other such methods, it produces a potent magnifying effect.
  • Used in the production of force-focusing vessels and structures.
STRENGTHS
  • Conducts and magnifies the force.
WEAKNESSES
  • Generally fragile and semi-soft.
  • Cannot be used as the primary material for equipment.
  • Must be sourced from worlds that are attuned to the dark side.
DESCRIPTION
Nexus-Infused Star-Iron was initially developed on the planet Korriban through rigiorous testing of metals to find an easily produced material for lining buildings and starships with the intention of building structures capable of focusing the force. Many theoretical starting points towards the development of the material were found in the Gates of Graush a dark side Nexus. In particular, the Hall of Shadows contained numerous depictions of force wielding fleets and vessels from ancient sith. Darth Nwul would transcribe many of these concepts and append them with architectural inspirations from the design and structure of Sith Temples.

Nwul and his fellow sith arrived at a theory that it was possible to use metals that were naturally attuned to the force as a form of conduit and use temple focusing principles to amplify force powers at a large scale. They began experimenting on Iron from the surface of the Dark-Side attuned Korriban. Through much work they created various versions of what would eventually become Nexus-Infused Star-Iron. Some of them were significantly tougher and sturdier than others, but the highest conductivity came in the softed variation of the material, a gold-like metal that shone black with shimmering stars across it.

This metal would become the backbone of a newly conceptualized sith fleet, and the dawn of the era of force resonant vessels and weaponry.

Last edited:
We have a few issues.

First and foremost, I have shown the submission to a few other Judges for review and unanimously, we find that red div background horrendously hard to read the submission. It is causing us eyestrain on examining and while I noticed it is not a problem generally with higher resolution monitors, it is indeed eye straining around the 1080p and below such as phones.

I am requesting to kindly, change at least the color to something that is more legible.

Second issue is that for a Minor Production Force Imbued metal, that is not something that should be possible. If you are making this through alchemical experimentation, it needs to be Semi-Unique.

Unaffected by force powers that are passed through it, will not be carbon scored by lightning or pushed by telekinesis for example
Yeah this whole submission is a bit confusing. If this is conducting the Force, it is affected by the Force. As one person once said "That is Not how the Force Works!" I am requesting this to be reworded and the submission to be worded...better to explain its power and use. A conduit simply just cannot shut itself off from being used by the Force as if it is sentient, nor ignore the living force when it is effected by a push.

Let me know when you get to this.
Darth Nwul Darth Nwul

We have a few issues.

First and foremost, I have shown the submission to a few other Judges for review and unanimously, we find that red div background horrendously hard to read the submission. It is causing us eyestrain on examining and while I noticed it is not a problem generally with higher resolution monitors, it is indeed eye straining around the 1080p and below such as phones.

I am requesting to kindly, change at least the color to something that is more legible.

I sincerely apologize. I had no idea it was causing eyestrain to anyone. No one has brought it up to me in any of the threads I am using it in. Cleared it off.

Second issue is that for a Minor Production Force Imbued metal, that is not something that should be possible. If you are making this through alchemical experimentation, it needs to be Semi-Unique.
Would there be another resoultion for this? Any advice would be very much appreciated. The ultimate intention of this is to be used as a material support for the creation of modern variations of meditation spheres and other such force focusing vessels. Basically starships that require a force user (or more) to be on board to allow the use of the force in a space battle.

If it's not necessary to have a material like this to accomplish that goal I will gladly drop this submission, haha. I just would prefer to cover my bases.

Yeah this whole submission is a bit confusing. If this is conducting the Force, it is affected by the Force. As one person once said "That is Not how the Force Works!" I am requesting this to be reworded and the submission to be worded...better to explain its power and use. A conduit simply just cannot shut itself off from being used by the Force as if it is sentient, nor ignore the living force when it is effected by a push.

No you're absolutely right, I got carried away during the description and it needs to be simplified.

I completely revised the Features, Strengths, and Weaknesses of this submission. I also edited the description to clarify a bit better (I hope). Mentions of alchemy have been removed. This is metallurgy and depends entirely on the material being sourced from force-attuned worlds; Korriban, Ziost, etc.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom