Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Vaiken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Dalton

M
Name: New Vaiken

Image Source: Under Pictures.

Classification: Urban Centre.

Affiliation: The First Order.

Population: 4.2 Million, Urban Centre.

Demographics: 89% Human, 11% Noghri and other Immigrated Species.

Points of Interest:

drakkeeee6.jpg

Drake Cover Album, CN Tower.

• Government Building: A relatively peaceful spot amidst the hustle and bustle of a growing city, the Governor’s building is large, a single towering spire shooting up into the sky, allowing for vision over the entirety of the City. Housing a part of the Planetary Garrison which also doubles as the Police Force on the planet, it is more of a security force for the Government Building, though the force that is housed towards the midsection of the spire tend to be the higher ups of law enforcement and are privy to the inner workings of the city.

red-desert-djamel-mourad-bouheraoua.jpg

Red Desert.

• Red Desert: The Red Desert is a thing that separates the Yalaran Haven Citadel from the people of the city. Vast, dangerously hot, typically those that venture into the hot desert are never seen again, and the Noghri people believe that to do so is a great feat worthy of celebrations. Those who do so typically hold the best qualities for a leader. However, buried beneath the red sands of the Desert are ruins, dating back to the first Yalarans long before the First Order's time on the planet. Additionally, there happens to be semi-visible structures in the sand, capable of providing shelter from the heat for a time.

iafPjbr.jpg

Toronto City Ruins.

• The Old World: The Old World, also doubling as the 'Ancient Sector' spans across much of the city. Or rather, underneath it. One of the first, and by that reasoning, largest Yalaran Cities on the planet, the anceint city is still there, though towering above it are the larger, newer, buildings of the First Order that cast the Old Sector into shadow. The area also houses those that are hiding out from either the Yalaran Police Force, or dissenters of the First Order's occupation of the planet. It is a frequently visited location in the expanding city. In addition, the Old World houses many idols of the Yalaran and Noghri people, much of the latter taking shelter there rather than being directly integrated with the human populace that has since immigrated. Even from the Old World are they capable of spotting the Government Building's Spire that lances up into the sky.

8fa189ada7b977830d2dea48e19af27f-d4zpa5a.jpg

Flavio Bolla.

• Downtown Port: On the other side of the Red Desert is a large body of water. In addition to being a port, nearby, is also the Downtown sector of the City. A marketplace through and through, thousands of people track through the Port, purchasing anything from small scale weapons that the Police Force couldn't confiscate, to fruits and fish acquired from the large, ever present sea that rests neanrby. When it comes to the Port, it is also a place that the Police Force constantly patrols, one squad never being too far from another due to its close proximity to the Downtown area. The Downtown area of course, houses the Headquarters of the Planetary Garrison, naturally, in the centre of everything, it makes for easy deployment of its police force over the entirety of the city. It also helps hurry along police work with its close proximity to the Government Building.

3d_building_506_1.jpg

Futuristic Building Cityscape 506 3D Model

• Yalaran Research and Development Engineers: Home to multiple sectors of the engineering branch, as well as bioengineering and agricultural advancements, the leading work at the facility is the Hydroponics centre and works to feed much of the city. Much of its facilities are underground, unseen by much of the populace as to the intricacies of how their work comes to life so as to be kept private. However, above ground, and for viewing of the public are the gardens that are created within and the fruits and vegetables that many eat to sustain themselves. There are even daily tours and internships to further learning of aspiring scientists from Yalara's populace.

Description: When the First Order came to the planet many of the Noghri people had aided with the reconstruction, or rather advancement of the long decrepit city after the Imperials had gained their loyalty through the War Games that had occured. Not only with First Order Construction Droids and Architectural Engineers, those who had commited criminal acts in the past were allowed an opportunity to serve their time through community services to aid in the clearing of the territory and construction of the city. Though the entirety of the First Order doesn't host much crime, many of those people were given sanctuary, and shorter sentences, though being forced to serve it on Yalara as a labourer and maintain a residence in the Old Sector, with a promise of refurbishing it in the coming years.

On the edges of the city however, there tends to house the richer of the people that seek residence on Yalara. With typically large houses, many of the people there tend to live private lives and have their own security there. In addition to that, the locations tend to vary in appearance due to them not being funded by the First Order's Government, and thus, not necessitating a sort of uniformity.

A vast amount of land that typically wouldn't see sentient beings venturing through it unless in a transport of some kind, the Red Desert surrounds the city of New Vaiken. Whereas in the East, would be where the Port is located and as far as the naked eye could see is blue water, in North-West, West, and South-West, all there was, was a red horizon, due to the surrounding Desert some miles away. More or less used as a rite of passage, some of the inhabitants of New Vaiken have taken it upon themselves to challenge each other on who can last the longest in the Desert and returning. Occasionally, at some points in the year, sandstorms occur, which carries the heat and the red sand of the Desert to the doorstep of the refurbished city.

History: Hundreds of years ago the natives of the planets, dubbed Yalarans, were found by the Jedi Master Broden Kel Verdox. The planet was then concealed via cloaking device installed by the aforementioned Jedi Master, but his efforts and intentions of protecting the Yalarans from being integrated into the rest of the Galaxy were ruined by the Noghri operatives sent by the Empire to destroy the cloaking device. With the cloaking device destroyed and the planet revealed to the Imperials' Noghri forces, a group of Noghri warriors were tasked with purging as much of the planet as possible. As it happens, the closest city, being miles upon miles way was targeted. Primitive, to galactic standards, the Yalarans of the time didn't stand a chance against the Empire backed Noghri assassins and were wiped off the face of the planet.

After the Imperials were done with the planet, they had stranded the Noghri operatives on the planet, and had thus forgotten about them. With a recently depopulated city and eradicated species, there was an empty city, ready for the taking. Since those first months on the planet, centuries ago, many Noghri have since lived in the ruins, away from what had previously been the prying eyes of the Galaxy, that is, until the First Order located the planet due to its proximity to Dosuun, the Imperial Capital.

The formerly Yalaran city had been expanded by the First Order's exploits. Though there was much work to do, millions had come to the planet to work on constructing the planet. Many of them stayed to continue work on expanding the city. With the city's rising notoriety in the world of law enforcement, many of those that didn't apply for the Stormtrooper Corps, or who had dropped out were ample targets for the Yalaran Police Force, considered to be a step above the average planetary garrison.

Having a relatively short history, New Vaiken's apparent beauty and benefits for the First Order community are excellent camouflage for the discrepancies between the Human and Alien populations and the crime that occurs underneath the facade.

Intent: Try my hand at creating a city and creating new RP locations.

Links: n/a

[member="Maurice Dalton"]
Alrighty. Sorry it's taken so long to respond.

You've got a broken image link that you may want to fix. If you could, please also review this and adhere to the guidelines there for citing sources. Could you also make the planet location a link to its wookieepedia page?

Now, this is a huge city from what I'm understanding. You've got massive areas here: an already existing old ruined city, a new city, a desert, a port, a massive hydroponics operation, etc. And since this is on a canonical world, I'm going to ask for a twenty post dev thread, plus some expansion to your history and description. They're both going the right direction, but this is a canonical world with some significant history (it's not massively explained on the wookieepedia page, but what is explained is pretty potent), and your submission needs to reflect as much.

Let me know when you've made the changes and done the dev thread, or if you have questions.

Maurice Dalton

M
[member="Darth Ignus"]

Which one is broken? They're all working on my end, unless you mean the last one, which I had forgotten to hyperlink, then sure.

In regards to sourcing the images, it's already done as the hyperlink takes you directly to their respective pages already. Also, hyperlinked to Yalara's wookieepedia page. The Desert more surrounds the City rather than being in or apart of it. I added further information on that in the description.

I'll get back to you on the dev thread.

Must have been a hosting issue. Seems they're all working now.

I post that sourcing link in almost every review now. Trying to make sure everyone sees it. :)

Let me know when you get the thread done.

Maurice Dalton

M
[member="Darth Ignus"]

You can archive this. I don't foresee myself having time to do the dev thread just now.

I am not a fan of pulling submissions from the archives only to have them sit idle in my Codex. You had one minor edit to make and seven days to do it, it has not been done.

I'm putting this back in archives. If you ask me to pull this back out again and it sits idle again, I will be denying it outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom