Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tomorrow

He waited a moment after she had asked her question. He was from Haruun Kal of course, at least that's where his origins were from. He tried his best to ignore the embarassment she felt when he had laid his eyes upon her. "I'm from Haruun Kal. Where are you from?" He replied, and then came back with his own question. Curiosity.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

She chuckled softly. "Interesting planet, very interesting..." She held up a hand and counted down from five, holding up three fingers. "That is how many times I have been fortunate enough to visit your homeworld in the past." Her eyebrows raised and then furrowed at the question, her hand falling to her stomach as she rubbed her belly through the cloth of the cami. "Me? I'm from nowhere special, it's a hub of the Galaxy."

She turned her head and looked at [member="Antares Windu"] "A secret world known as Corellia..." She whispered softly and then chuckled. "Though, the golden beaches near Tyrena are to die for, absolutely to die for..." She turned her gaze back to the ceiling and sighed. "Life as a Jedi unfortunately doesn't allow you time to visit home like that anymore."

She had been to Haruun Kal. He supposed it couldn't have been impossible, it was a planet and it had been around back when the New Jedi Order had been formed.

"It suffered Imperial bombardment, hundreds of years ago." He replied to her statement of having gone to Haruun Kal several times. He didn't want to darken the mood like that, but she might have found out eventually if she did visit the planet again. Many Koruunai had died at that time, perhaps too many of them. The planet was never the same after that, at least he believed so.

When she said it was a hub of the galaxy he was halfway through saying, "Corus-" before she cut him off and said Corellia. It didn't bother him, instead he chuckled with her and then shook his head as he smiled into his lap before looking up at her. "I have yet to go to Corellia." He said softly, is head rotated upon the bed and watched as she looked back up to the ceiling. "...Aaralyn. You will return home some day. Don't worry."

He turned to look back up to the ceiling again and he chuckled himself.

"Oh, I'm not worried." She nodded softly as the ship jolted with movement. "Apparently we're on our way...." She shrugged slightly. "I do believe though, like every Corellian that Corellia is the Crown Jewel and the hub to the Galaxy." She affirmed before poking him in the side. "Coruscant makes itself the seat of the Galaxy government, whoever rules takes that seat by choice." She held up her hand and pointed to the tiles. "Think about it, if I was the rule of the Galaxy, and I wanted my core planet to be centered around Mon-Calamari, then my government would have to form around it as such." She brought her hand down and rested it upon her stomach again.

"It's about choices my friend, choices." She raised a finger off her stomach. "The choices that are made, are what define us in many ways."

[member="Antares Windu"]

"I suppose that is true." He said shortly after she poked him and his head snapped around to look at her with a question in his eyes. But he thought nothing of it. "You always have a choice." He said aloud, though it was mostly to himself rather than with her. His gaze remained upon her for a few moments while he gathered his thoughts.

"What choices have you made? I mean, what made you become a Jedi, Aaralyn?"

The question made her sit up and swing her legs over the side of the bed, her hands gripping the edges tightly as she thought back to her days on Corellia, she could see the face of her mother and then her grandparents speaking to an odd-looking creature who she was taken away by a few short weeks later. She heaved a sigh and jumped off the bed. "It wasn't by choice, the Force called for me." Her right hand came up, left one coming to her wrist to adjust the straps as she stared idly at the gloved hand. "Jedi Master L'hnnar came to my grandparents home when I was a few years old, and took me away..."

A smile crept upon her lips, arms dropping to her side as she shrugged. Chestnut brown hair swaying gently upon her shoulder blades as she turned. "I don't regret becoming a Jedi by any means." A hand coming up to point to him in a mocking manner, her head tilting to the side as she walked passed him, locking a playful gaze. "And we Jedi do not have choices as to who is trained and who is not."

Her hand fell down as she passed, her head turning to look at the exit as she came upon it. A gloved hand grasping the doorway as she passed through. "Besides.." She whispered under her breath. "We couldn't meet the interesting people around the Galaxy and serve the Republic, could we?" She gave him one more quick gaze came and then exited the Medical Bay, and began towards the Hanger. The sound of her boots clicking in the empty corridors faded within a few moments, leaving [member="Antares Windu"] in silence.

He watched the hand that pointed at him and he watched the expressions upon her face. He didn't say anything yet, instead he slid off the side of the bed himself and watched as she walked to the door of the medbay. He heard her voice still, but he wondered as to where she was going.

He took on step after her as she left as if he were a lost puppy looking for his owner and followed to the door and he stopped and looked in the direction that he had thought she had gone. We Jedi always have a choice. You always have the choice to leave the Jedi Order. You always have. We just have the choice to find who the Force has decided to find itself in.

He felt as if he could banter with her about their Jedi philosophies for so long, she was from the past, eight hundred years ago, but he was from the modern day's generation of Jedi. Though he was certain that his own Order was only a bastardization of the New jedi Order if there ever was.

He followed after [member="Aaralyn Rekali"] presence, though he continued to use the Force to communicate, you could if you had the credits, I'm certain. It'll take a few days to get to Anaxes from the Outer Rim, Aaralyn.

~Yes, a Jedi does have choice, to a certain point.~ Reaching out through the Force, touching his mind with her own mind. She stopped and jumped up on a cargo crate as she entered the hanger, sitting down on the dusty metal.

~A Jedi can choose to forsake their oath and become lost.~ She held her breath for a moment. ~The Force guides us, and we listen to it's guidance. We follow the will of the Force.~ A rough exhale pressed from her lips. ~It does not mean we cannot feel, or save others, it just means opening yourself up to the will of the Force and understanding what it is saying.~

Yes, she knew as humans we could make a choice and go whatever way we decided but she knew as a Jedi, she made a choice already. She made the choice to defend the Republic, honor the Code to the best of her abilities and be a beacon of hope for others when there was none. She knew her life would truly be one without peace.

~If I had credits...? What? Go home?~ She said to [member="Antares Windu"] through the Force.

He finally entered the Hangar and saw her seat herself down on a crate and he stopped right in front of her, looking up to her with his dark orbs. He remained silent for a few moments, thinking of what he was going to say. "I don't think we're on the same page about choices." He said, pointing at her with the same mocking look on his face that she had had before. It was to show that it didn't really matter on whatever they were speaking about, dismissing the previous statements, though he did understand what she was speaking of.

"You said as Jedi we can travel the Galaxy. If you had the needed amount of credits you can travel the galaxy as well. Or if you had the ship, I guess." He shrugged. And then he shook his head.

"Were you a Consular eight hundred years ago? Or a Guardian?"

"I'm a Guardian if you wish to look at the pre-text of the Old Ways." She said, hopping down infront of him. "As Jedi we can travel the Galaxy...but..." She held up a finger, close to him. "We have to ensure we're looking out for the best interests of the Republic, and remain selfless." She took a few steps away and made an open gesture with her arms into the decent sized Hangar Bay. "I have a ship, and apparently money I don't need and I got it from somewhere..." She shrugged lightly and pointed to the XJ3 Series X-Wing in the corner and then a small transport shuttle. "I don't need any of it, because I have the Force and I put the needs of others before me." She laughed a bit and turned away from him, walking towards the XJ Series. Her boots clicked against the durasteel hanger, echoing loudly despite the hum of the larger vessel's engines.

"Sounds a bit cheesy, yes? But it holds alot of truth." She yelled across the hanger behind her, letting out another chuckle as she did.

[member="Antares Windu"]

He stepped back as she dropped down off of the crate in front of him, just from regular reactions he nearly caught her and lowered her down, but he didn't. It would have been odd to do that for a Jedi Master, good thing he started to think through his actions. He watched as she indicated the XJ starfighter and when she started to walk towards it, he just leaned on the crate, and then decided to follow after her as well.

Always following people.

"It usually does." He replied in a mock fashion of sageness. He gave her a sidelong glance and winked at her as if to say he was being funny. "This would be considered an antique in this age...Though I'm certain you could find an expert in the Republic, or even at Anaxes who could modernize it for you..."

"Sometimes antiques are better than modernized warships..." She shrugged slightly. "But you're probably right about that, they would be due for an upgrade." She came up to the hull of her XJ3, the darkened hull glimmed underneath the lights of the Hangar Bay despite the light coat of dust which encased the hull. A sigh escaped her lips as she ran her hand across the underbody of the fighter. The slick metal was a nice feeling against her gloved hands as she moved underneath it and down the side, leaving traces of her fingers through the dusty trail.

"It's nice to see it again..." She brushed her hands together, smacking dust into the air and she suddenly exclaimed with delight. "Ahah!" With a jolt of speed she ran over to a pilot ladder to the side and unlocked it from it's safety position. The grinding noise of the ladder being pushed into a close enough position to the fighter caused her to grimace a bit. As soon as she got close, she stomped down hard with her boot on the safety mechanism, locking it down once more.

She quickly clambered up the ladder, stumbling slightly as she made it to the top near the cockpit hatch. Both hands came over the transparisteel cockpit, brushing away the dust and light debris. She even brushed away the side where her name was, reading it outloud with pride. "Aaralyn Deltain, Commander" and beside it read "Renegade Squadron". With a smile as wide as a Hutt's mouth, she continued to search the edge of the cockpit until she found the emergency release hatch and jerked it tight. The sound of the cockpit atmosphere and pressure changing for the first time in centuries hissed loudly through the Hangar Bay and the stale smell caused her to close an eye and wince away.

"Jeeze, I didn't think it'd be that bad..." She grumbled as she inhaled deeply and jumped into the cockpit. "Well, since the powercells are completely drained and the fuel is no good, I'll have to manually override it.."

[member="Antares Windu"]

"I bet it is nice to see it again." He replied softly when he saw her brushing her hands together and sending up plumes of dust into the air. He probably would have sneezed if he was next to her, but he wasn't. Thankfully. He smiled at her as he would a child who had gotten a toy they had always wanted as a present. That's what she looked like to him anyway. Then she was off to get to the pilot ladder, and it created a loud sound that didn't seem right on the quiet ship.

Besides all of the humming of course.

"You were a Jedi Ace then." He said in reply to her reading out her name, title, and then the name of her squadron. "If we were talking about the pre-text of the Old Ways." He said to her and smiled again.

After she had gone into the cockpit, he climbed up the ladder after her and just leaned on the side of the starfighter and said, "where are you going with that?" Automatically thinking her of trying to take it for a 'spin.'

"Technically, yes..." She said looking around for the manual ejection button, she raised her eyebrows as she found it and pressed it. There was a loud *clunk* noise and then a jolt directly behind the cockpit which caused the ship to shake for a second. With a groan she climbed out onto the nose of the cockpit and gently motioned him back. "Excuse me.." As soon as [member="Antares Windu"] was cleared of the transparisteel cockpit, she pushed down on it and secured it once again, behind the cockpit itself, a large plume of debris and dust had been kicked up by whatever button Aaralyn had pushed. "Great..."

She walked cautiously over the transparisteel window and to where it appeared a droid socket was for the normal R7 models that came with the XJ3 X-Wings. This particular model though had been modified to fit the newer R9 models at the time. "He's stuck..." Her eyes shifted down into the hole as she knelt down next to the socket and looked at the top of the purple and silver dome of her R9 unit. If someone was observing the bottom they would see a massive pile of dirt and the legs and lower torso of an R9 Unit. Her hand quickly came up towards Antares and she turned to face him, rotating on her heels. "Please, don't try using the Force...you might break him." Her hand would fall back to her knee as she rotated back to look at the top of the R9 dome, a heavy sigh escaping her lips. "Trust me, I tried that once and had to have his wheel replaced..."

Leaning away from the transparisteel cockpit and then eventually climbing down the ladder, he moved away from the X-Wing variant. There were several more plumes of dust and probably rusted parts, and he covered his face so that none of it got in his face.

He watched the astromech droid from underneath and didn't even make an attempt at helping. Just as she said to not try using the Force, not that he was anyway. He didn't really appreciate droids for all they were worth anyway, rather, he treated them as droids. Robots with a singular purpose in mind. Probably not the best way, but he hadn't met any problems with it yet.

"I wasn't going to use the Force for anything. Though it's probably best until we reach Anaxes. It's been eight hundred years..." He let it trail on, figuring he had already triggered a moment of nostalgia. "However, I'll do what you need me to do."

Aaralyn sighed heavily and stepped gently down into the hole, placing boots ontop of the head of the droid. "Sorry old friend..." She whispered and brought a firm boot down ontop of the dome of the droid with a loud *clank*. A plume of dust and debris came out from the bottom of the XJ as the droid budged just a bit. "Ugh, how did you get stuck?" She slammed her boot into the dome again. *clank* and again. *clank* and three more times *clank* *clank* *clank* before a loud crash was heard underneath the vessel and dust shot up through the droid socket. She looked down at the droid which fell through the hole, a broken computer scomp link arm still attached to the interior portion of the XJ droid socket. "Well, that's why you were stuck...dummy."

She grumbled and pulled herself up and out of the hole, leaping off the ship to land roughly next to [member="Antares Windu"]. She placed a dusty gloved hand onto the frame of the vessel and peered down at the R9 unit laying there. "Well...I guess I should get started fixing him." She giggled softly and ducked under the X-Wing and walked up to the droid. Aaralyn calmly went to her knees and lifted the deadweighted droid up with a groan and locked down his manipulator arms. Her hands roaming over the core of the droid and then his dome. "Poor guy, all out of juice...glad I have most of his memory banks backed up."

Antares watched as the dust shot down from underneath the droid and he backed away from it so it wouldn't get to him. It felt as if it was the tenth time he was doing that, but it wasn't like he was really doing anything besides standing around. He nearly reached for her again when she had dropped down, this time he actually helped her back to her feet with a small smile and watched as she got back to whatever it was she was doing again.

"You really like your astromech droid, huh?" He asked the most obvious question and just started to back away slowly to give her more room. He threw his head over his shoulder as he started moving towards the exit. "I'm going to find something to do." He said, chuckling as he turned and walked away.

"Rowdy and I have been through alot together..." She chuckled and patted the dome of the droid. "This little guy has saved me quite a few times." She began brushing off the dust from the main sensor in the front. "Besides, It's not like I have human companionship anyways, much less want it right now, ya know?" She laughed, watching him walk away.

"If you want to do something, you mind finding me some fuel cells and tools? There might be some in the Engineering Section in the aft part of the Hangar.." She shouted as he got a bit further away. "Thanks!"

[member="Antares Windu"]

He went to the aft area of the hangar bay, he gathered all of the fuel cells that he could carry, and got a hydrospanner, since people always needed those right? And when he returned to her, he laid them out carefully on the ground and he inclined his head to her. He gave no other form of communication, and he turned to walk out of the hangar bay.

Once he was out, he found his way back to the medical bay and found a clean bed for himself to fall asleep on. It was going to be two days to get to Anaxes, he might as well do something that consumed time, while Aaralyn spent time with her droid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom