Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private New Throne, Who's This?

Castle Dooku
Serenno
Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku

"So this is the life 'The Warden of the Empire'?" Melvain said as he lounged across a plush couch, glass of Alderaanian wine in his off-hand. A breeze blew through the semi-open balcony room. Despite its recent history, the world was doing well for itself - Lucien had done right by his people. An ideal world of the Empire. But he knew the recent decree was weighing on his friend. Melvain had taken the title of Moff. The Red Legion and the Crimson Command had only needed to disband a unit or two but with recommendations to the Stormtrooper Corps from an Imperial Knight and Moff they'd find work with no problem. It was the right thing to do. For the Empire.

"Come on Luc, wipe that frown off your face. Its not that bad." He waved his hand around the room. "Get to keep all the palaces," he gestured with his cup, "the wine," he took a sip and looked into his glass thoughtfully, "the women? You've got over a dozen systems at your beck and call now. It can't be all bad."

Last edited:

EB6nMNt.gif

CASTLE DOOKU// CARANNIA
vibes | Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis

"I could care less for the palaces, the wealth, the power or the titles, Mel."

Luc eventually replied, a side glance of the eyes being directed across to Melvain from his seated position on another plush piece of furniture across from his friend. The dissolution of the Warlord states was a move that, while he initially opposed, was one that he agreed to out of respect for his brother, and his overall intention, but mostly he was swayed by the curtailing of the other warlords more than anything else. Men such as Willian Tal, whose totalitarian means of control were only second to the infamous Grand Admiral Rausgeber and the hellscape that was Presbelt.

"My only goal was to make sure that the folks under my care would not have their lives trampled upon by the war-- or the Empire, for that matter." He continued, then pushed off the couch to make his way towards the compact kitchen towards the opposite end of the room. He swung open the door to the fridge, allowing his eyes to mull over the few choices of beverages that were left.

"If anything, i'm fucking ectastic about it all. It gets tiring having to argue down a room full of senile old men over what's right or wrong." The fridge's door slammed shut, and Luc strolled back over to his seat with a glass bottle in one hand and a packaged slice of cake in the other. The latter was quickly ripped open from its packaging and gnawed on without the etiquette or grace of a King. Of course, he nearly choked mid-bite, prompting him to drown the mouthful of cake down with his drink.

A final cough cleared his throat, and he spoke up once more, but not before tossing the balled-up wrapper at Melvain for that final comment he delivered. "You should focus more on your own love life, Knight-Regent. How long has it been since you've even taken a woman out for dinner, eh? It gets lonely inside these big 'ol palaces, and i'm pretty sure I remember you've got one of your own back on Faerie."

"You should focus more on your own love life, Knight-Regent. How long has it been since you've even taken a woman out for dinner, eh? It gets lonely inside these big 'ol palaces, and i'm pretty sure I remember you've got one of your own back on Faerie."

Melvain shrugged.

Before Tython Melvain had always had a new woman on his arm. He hadn't been much of a man for long-term relationships. It was the hunt and the celebration afterward that drove him. Since then though he hadn't had much time for women. Or rather, he hadn't made much time. Between fleeing Chiss space and supporting the Empire against the Maw he had a lot to rebuild and now as a Knight-Commander the Mission in this oversector relied on him.

"It hasn't been so long as you think," he said before taking a sip of his wine. "After all, I did take one of your commanders out for dinner last night when I arrived." Well, he made some time for women. He sat the glass down and gazed out at the city below.

"Those 'Old Men' are making a blunt tool out of your Knights Luc," he said, his voice suddenly serious. "Have you read the reports?" Every major battle no matter who against - be it Imperial citizens, the Maw, Chiss, or the Alliance, every single one had Imperial Knights as the tip of the spear. They weren't monks like the Jedi, but the level of loyalty they showed for the Lord Regent and his cronies was startling when only a few months ago they showed absolute loyalty to Lucien. Now it seemed some of the Knights happily went into battle to crush and destroy and slaughter.

" Sahar Sahar especially worries me. There is a darkness in her and those around her and this war with the Alliance," He paused. Technically there was no war with the Alliance. He wondered how Lucien felt with Auteme at their enemy's head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom