Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Roleplay Forums Layout And Prefix

Right now it's..

Dashes represent forums, double dash is sub-forums.

Roleplay
-Open Roleplays
-Private Roleplays
-Roleplay Discussion
--Factions

I think it would be neat to become...

Roleplay
-Open Roleplays
-Private Roleplays
-Roleplay Discussion
-Looking For Group
--Factions
--Force Users
--Non-Force Users

Furthermore, I'd like to see a Tournament prefix.

Poggle said:
Roleplay -Open Roleplays -Private Roleplays -Roleplay Discussion -Looking For Group --Factions --Force Users --Non-Force Users
Why not simply:
Roleplay
  • Open Roleplay
  • Private Roleplay
  • Roleplay Discussion
    Factions
  • Looking For Group

​​I think breaking down the LFG into separate subcategories creates too much of a variety, and waters down the boards. It should also be noted that Factions are not simply LFG threads.

[member="Poggle"]
The difference between a LFG and an ad is that LFGs are moreso interest checks and requests, whereas an advertisement is more of a persuasive material meant to grab someone's attention.

[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Adding a prefix takes away the need for really long titles and simplifies the process for FINDING groups.

[member="Darth Vitium"] I gree with you, they're different though adding another sub category may dilute the forums, it could add another route to finding what people are looking for.

[member="Poggle"] [member="Darth Vitium"]

Factions and a LFG seem to be different to me.

Factions are like war groups, battle groups, something of that sort.(Or other things but you get the point.)

Then a LFG could be anything. An expedition, egg hunt, or anything you need or want a group for. But no faction is included uncles the author/host notes that. However it is still different from a faction.

Just my opinion.

The Tournament prefix wouldn't be a bad idea at all though. It would help with all these new threads about them.

I like LFG having it's own group so LFGs don't get buried under everything else, but why the NFU and FU prefixes? Many, many, LFGs are for both FUs and NFUs, and the ones that aren't are often factions. Otherwise, this looks very useful.

So every title must extraordinarily simple then. No more clever titles or puns, the need for prefixes is apparent. A new member comes in to find a thread and is overwhelmed by the length and number of non labeled threads. Put a few labels for LFG or Tournament, ta-duh. Thread found.

[member="Nyos Val"]

I personally believe if you can't manage to get what your OOC thread is about in a title, then you need to rethink your approach. IC titles can be whatever title you want, but I think that having another prefix is just silly.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.

But having another prefix really... doesn't hurt anybody, does it? I mean, why is this idea so terrible for you to imagine?
Oh noes, another prefix, whatever will I do now?

Dude, you may not feel the need for it, but a lot of people might (and obviously do, considering the responses in this thread). It doesn't change anything for those who don't feel the need for it. You can still be the awesome guy who deduces from titles and/or descriptions, a new prefix is not going to stop you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom