Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech New Republic Army Infantry Armor Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
UNSC_Army_variations.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a new armor for the New Republic Army

• Image Source: Here

• Canon Link: N/A

• Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Hekler’Kok Defense Industries

• Affiliation: Closed-Market

• Model: Republic Army Infantry Armor Mark I

• Modularity: Mass-Produced

• Material: Plastoid-Boron Carbide Composite (Helmet Chest Plate, Shoulder Pauldrons, Thigh Plates and Knee and Shin Guards), Asheran Armorweave (Fatigues) and Plastoid-Boron Carbide Discs (Sewn in between the inner and outer layers of the Fatigues)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Multipurpose

• Weight: Light

• Resistances:
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): High
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: Very Low
- Sonic: None
- EMP/ION: Average
- Elemental: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
Strengths:

• Mobility and Flexibility: The armor was designed to fit in with the New Republic Army's doctrine of high speed warfare mixed with shock and awe tactics. This make the armor extremely flexible and allows the wearer to move faster than their counterpart in say the First Order of Mandalorians.

• Concentrated Protection: The protective plates of the armor are centered around certain parts of the armor allowing for these parts to have thicker protective plating than other typical infantry armor.

• Modular: The armor is littered with magnetic attachment points on the chest and thigh plates and shoulder pauldrons allowing the wearer to attach pouches to them. These pouches can range from ammunition pouches to knives and sidearm holsters.

• One Piece or Two?: Due to the nature of how the armor is worn over fatigues it is entirely possible for the wearer to go into battle wearing only the chest plate and helmet, though this is mostly only in emergency situations.

• Simple and Easy: The armor was designed so even the least tech-savvy of recruits could use it without any complications.
Weaknesses:

• Exposed Areas: While the armor does try and cover all the vital areas it still leaves some areas open to damage. These areas include the shins, inner thighs and forearms. While the areas might not seem vital any damage to them can still limit combat effectiveness.

• Ground Combat Only: The armor was designed with groundpounders in mind and posses a open helmet and no hermetic seal. This means that if you try to use it in space you'll likely die long before fight the enemy.

• No Sonic Protection: The armor was designed for use against conventional enemies and therefore if an enemy were to field sonic weaponry on a massive scale it'd effective against the armor.
DESCRIPTION:

Once again the New Republic called upon the designers at Hekler'Kok Defense Industries to design another piece of their armory. This time they were contracted to produce a set of armor for the New Republic's Army. There were a few stipulations and requirements that they had to meet though.

First, the armor had to have an open faced helmet. Second, the armor was to not be a full suit of armor. Third, the armor was to be made so pieces could be worn independently of the others. And fourth, the armor had to have magnetic attachment points on it to attach pouches and various other things.

The requirements set down by the New Republic were very simple requests to meet and once the designers had a basic design of the armor the began to work on the stuff they were given free reign on. First the layout of the armor needed to be decided on. They decided on a simple design making the the armor just simple plates of armor worn over fatigues.

Once the layout was chosen the design team needed to decide on the materials to use in the armor. For the fatigues the team decided on Vanir Technologies' Asheran Armorweave but in between the inner and outer layer of the armorweave they sewed in plastoid discs to provide extra protection. Next they decided on using a boron carbide-plastoid composite that provides protection from both blaster bolts and slugs.

While the armorweave and armor plates were found to provide adequate protection the designers decided adequate was not enough. Various ideas were toyed with before they decided on sewing small plastoid dics between the inner and outer layers of the armorweave fatigues. This would provide more protection without hindering the movement and mobility of the wearer.

Finally the special features needed to be decided on. The helmet was the first piece considered. An MFTAS and MSTA were installed to allow the soldier to better see and acquire targets. A short range motion sensor was installed to allow soldiers a degree of 360 degree awareness. A encrypted broadband radio was included so soldiers could communicate between each other freely and securely. Helmet and Audio recorders allow command to see what soldiers see. An auto-polarizing visors and auto-deafening ear protection guards against sunlight and flashbang grenades. A detachable rebreather protects soldiers from gas attacks and allows for underwater operations. Gription material was added to the boots to give soldiers extra footing in situations. Finally a personal energy shield was added to give more protection to soldiers.

Next they needed a way to store gear and equipment on the armor. The first thing the design team did was install various magnetic attachment points on the armor. These points were placed on the chest plate, shoulder pauldrons, thigh plates and helmet. The things that could be attached to these points could range from ammunition pouches to even a flashlight in the case of the helmets attachment points. Finally the design team created a modular rucksack and battle belt that could be worn with the armor. The contents of the aforementioned rucksack and battle belt varies depending on the soldier and mission.

In all Hekler'Kok designed a armor that was both effective and easy to produce for the New Republic.

[member="Noah Corek"] Ohh Armour :)

Firstly, you've used several submissions from others, such as the Acumen, the Survival Series Backpack, and the sentinel-series utility belt. The Acumen is closed market, as are the Survival-series and the sentinel-series utility belt. For the Acumen I'll need to see some proof that you're allowed to use it in your submission. The other two are affiliated with other factions, so once again I will need to see some form of approval allowing you to use the submission here.

Other than that it looks pretty good, as I'm sure you're aware the armour is actually underpowered in its current form, and you can raise a few ratings if you want.

Please tag me back when you've read through and let me know what you want to do.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="John Locke"]

The Rebel Alliance used all three technologies and they merged with the New Republic so I was using that as my justification.

Hi [member="Noah Corek"],

I've talked this over with the rest of the factory staff and we would still like to see some permissions for the republic to use this technology. As you say, with the merger it should be a fairly easy to get the submitters to agree to allow you to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom