Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Plympto

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaTZ6jz.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To flesh out details of a canon planet for use on Chaos
​Image Credit: Wookieepedia
Canon: Yes
Links: Image [x]

GENERAL INFORMATION

Planet Name: New Plympto
Demonym: New Plymptan
Region: Core
System Name: New Plympto System
System Features:
  • Sun: Pym
  • Moon: Karsten Moon - Home of the Karsten High Port the moon of Karsten is a destination for travelers of the galaxy, as well as those seeking to illegally produce synthetic ji rikknit on the hidden refineries there.
  • Ranste: A small volcanic planet, Ranste lacks much in the way of civilization, with its primary inhabitants being employees of metal and mineral refineries located on the planet.
  • Sasan: Barren and rocky, Sasan is entirely uninhabited, its intense heat a product of its close location to the system’s star, Pym.
  • Two moons, Sasanara and Sasanaya, which are both just as barren as their planet, owing to its closeness to an asteroid belt separating the planet from the others in its system.
  • Bilagen: Outside of the star’s habitable zone, further than the luckily temperate New Plympto, Bilagen is a frigid world lacking much in the way of civilization aside from the tribal cultures that live there, including a small enclave of Talz who compete with the local Wampa on the planet for its limited hunting resources.
  • Pym Belt: Located between Ranste and Sasan, the Pym Belt is far less dense than most belts to be seen in the galaxy, but contains many more large specimens, making it easier to navigate but much more dangerous for larger ships.
Rotational Period: 18 Standard Hours
Orbital Period: 244 Local Days
Coordinates: U-32
Major Imports: Farming equipment, Duracrete
Major Exports: Refined metals(Durasteel, Turadium, etc.), raw minerals and metals(New Plympto and Bilagen), Dolovite and lava(Ranste), Rikknit Eggs, Starships and Weapons(EODD)

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Gravity: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Primary Terrain: Mountains, Forests, Swamps, Jungles, Rocky Valleys
Atmosphere: Type I
Major Locations:
  • Phemiss: Capital city of New Plympto, Phemiss is the only major city on the planet, home to the majority of its population of native Nosaurians. Wide and expansive, it’s located on a strip of land alongside the Tsilor sea, bordered by the Pharine River, and stretches out to the east and north. The main section of the city contains many tall buildings with businesses and offices, as well as the capital building where the local governing council meets. With three spaceports, Phemiss is a busy city, the largest of which is the Phemiss Low Port near the river, surrounded by a shantytown on one end and industrial centers on another. Phemiss Bridge stretches across the Pharine, 200 meters wide, and carries the main speeder road that passes into and out of the city, bisecting it. Fishermen occasionally use the bridge as a base to catch Opee that were introduced to the planet’s seas centuries ago, and twice a year it’s closed off, acting as a major part of pod racing festivities.
  • EODD Manufacturing Center: The primary source of EODD products and a major source of local employment from Phemiss, the EODD Manufacturing Center is a short distance from the city, situated along a large valley between high cliffs. Built into the planet’s rock itself, the center houses hundreds of employees and transports in more from the city, supplying weapons and ships for the planet’s defense, which has earned its CEO in recent times a voice in planetary concerns, most notably as a representative to the Free Worlds Coalition before its downfall.
  • Hajial Chase: A singular section of a massive forest approximately 400 meters inland from Phemiss, the Hajial Chase is separated from its surrounding woodlands by steep cliffs. Home to native rikknit as well as an enclave of Wookiees, the Chase itself is dense, made up heavily by hiakk trees, many of which are upwards of 200 meters in height. Little wonder that Wookiees have made a home in it, as the tall trees not only provide a similar ecosystem to their native Kashyyyk, but the dark ground level is far less dangerous as well. Rikknit live in abundance here, as well as in the thousands of meters of woodlands that surround it, spinning webs high in the trees while Foragers and Striders stalk the ground level.
  • Cadgel Meadows: Sharing a name with the massive expanse of flatlands it’s located on, Cadgel Meadows is one of the planet’s spaceports. A smaller location than that in the capital, Cadgel Meadows is used mainly by locals and tourists coming to see the planet’s nature preserves.
  • Half-Axe Pass: A natural passageway through woodlands located near the Cadgel Meadows spaceport, Half-Axe Pass was the site of a major battle between local rebels and Imperial troops shortly after the Clone Wars.
  • Rhigar: Not even a quarter the size of the capital, Rhigar is a Nosaurian settlement in the rockier mountain regions of New Plympto. Located in a relatively remote area accessible only be a massive bridge across a chasm, Rhigar supplies small amounts of minerals and raw materials from the mines far down in the chasm under the bridge in.
POPULATION

Native Species: Nosaurian, Rikknit
Immigrated Species:
  • New Plympto: Wookiee, Human, Miralukan, Zabrak
  • Bilagen: Talz, Wampa, Gricha, Vulptex, Narglatch, Rat Roach, Morvak
Population: Sparsely Populated
Demographics:
  • 95% Nosaurian
  • 4% Human
  • 1% Other
Primary Languages: Nosaurian, Basic
Culture: Nosaurian Culture and Society

GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

Government: Elective Oligarchy
Affiliation: N/A
Wealth: Medium. While not a poor planet, the Nosaurians main exports are materials located almost universally throughout the galaxy, meaning that sales are governed by pricing elsewhere, and purchases of materials aren’t always guaranteed. Rikknit eggs are a source of income, though their sale is heavily regulated so as to avoid risking the species coming near extinction as it has in the past.
Stability: Medium. While the ruling government’s contracts with EODD have provided them with the ships and weapons to fight off pirates, raiders, and the like, recent attacks in the Core by the Sith and First Order have caused unrest, shaking the faith the people have in their council to deal with larger threats. Still, on the ground, the everyday citizen and guest only has to deal with local crime such as petty thievery, and commerce is allowed as much freedom as is needed to thrive, restricted only in that deals with potentially hostile groups are banned.
Freedom & Oppression: The people of New Plympto benefit from a benevolent government, one that allows quite a few personal freedoms while outlawing typical things such as murder, thievery, etc. Carrying over from the older days of the sytem, however, Rikknit are considered a precious resource, and while harvesting them for sale of the eggs is no longer a crime, they are very heavily restricted. Special permits are required and limitations in effect on how many can be culled by a single individual or organization, and violating these regulations carry punishments ranging from fines to jail time.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

Military: With EODD as a major backing power of the Nosaurian military arms, the planet is afforded just about every defensive ability of the company. Not only does the governing council purchase ships and weapons from them to arm their own troops, but the company’s droids and own fleet are also offered to defend the planet when needed. For a more permanent defensive line several EOC-5 Anti-Orbital Ion Autocannons are installed on the planet, spread out across the hemisphere containing the more important regions of the planet such as the capital city. In addition the capital city of Phemiss, the Hajial Chase, and the EODD Manufacturing Center benefit from shield generators protecting them from orbit, as they’re the most important regions to the planet’s economy and population. Still, given the limited capabilities of EODD, the planet lacks in large capital ships, relying mainly on cruisers, frigates, and corvettes for its fleeting abilities.
Technology: More or less average and on par with the much of the rest of the galaxy.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

One of several planets rebuilt by the Vong after the end of their war, New Plympto is a system that has changed hands many times, though always chosen its own interests above any sort of galactic brotherhood. First a Republic system, the refusal of representation in the Senate pushed the Nosaurians to align themselves with the Separatists, seeking a more unilateral decision process for their own futures. This led them into conflict with the Republic towards the end of the Clone Wars, though the transition of the Republic into the Galactic Empire saw parts of the planet horrifically scarred by warfare, especially Half-Axe Pass, which was the sight of a particularly brutal battle between Imperial forces and the local resistance. During the invasion of the Vong in 27ABY the planet was further ravaged, and eventually rendered uninhabitable by a Vong bioweapon. These damages were later reversed with the help of the Vong, as were other planets such as Alderaan, and within a few hundred years the planet was growing again. It hit full swing just in time for the Gulag Plague to ravage the galaxy.

While much of the Core’s population was decimated, New Plympto suffered in kind, losing much of its native population that had resettled the planet after its reconstruction. During the Four Hundred Year Darkness however, like much of the galaxy, the people grew immune over time, and by the same point as the rest, came out of the darkness stronger. Since then it has changed hands multiple times, from the One Sith to the Metal Lords to the Free Worlds Coalition, all of which were brought down at one point or another. These constant changes have only served to further the isolationist nature of the Nosaurians, ingraining the idea that a people must provide and protect its own on its own, without outside help, before it can begin to help others.

[member="Errreembuhr"]

First thing I notice- you need to shrink your image a bit to adhere to the Codex image dimension rules stipulated here.

Other than that... there isn't anything wrong with the submission? It ticks every box, has every field of the template, but I am missing something essential. It doesn't really provide a lot of new things to what the Canon wikia page already provides. Its more a consolidation of all the other wikia pages of its canon articles than an expansion on its Chaos Canon lore.

I feel like you could build out a bit on its culture. Because the canon article is pretty in depth and you mention in the history that there is a shift in it, so it would be beneficial to actually expand on that shift. You can also add more locations that aren't canon, adding to what already exists, things like that.

Tag me once you made the edits and I will review this again.

[member="Jairus Starvald"] in regards to the image I put it under a spoiler tag after trying to resize it and ending up with a weirdly stretched out image.

As for the locations, I had actually planned to submit some other locations on the planet later on, however now that you mention being able to add in more locations, would you prefer that I submit those and hold off on this overall planet submission? That way I can add those locations to the submission and have a more expanded and inclusive account of what exists in Chaos on the planet itself?

With the culture section I can definitely expand more, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on if we should put the planet sub off until I've submitted those non-canon locations to add a more detailed account of the shift. Thanks!

[member=Errreembuhr]

As for the locations, I had actually planned to submit some other locations on the planet later on, however now that you mention being able to add in more locations, would you prefer that I submit those and hold off on this overall planet submission? That way I can add those locations to the submission and have a more expanded and inclusive account of what exists in Chaos on the planet itself?
I personally think this would be the way to go, yeah. If that is the way you want to go I will move this submission to the Pre-Codex for now, while you work on the other things. Does that sound acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom