Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New player with some questions

lwrumble

Chattza Thuku Navik
Hey there, I made a post earlier introducing myself, but have some additional questions. Mainly, I'm wondering how to get the bars/titles (I don't really know what to call them) that people have under their names. They represent factions and other things, and I recently joined the Order of the Silver Jedi, and I see everyone with these plates. Wondering what I have to do to earn one. I also see padawans with them.

[member="Chattza Thuku Navik"]

Writer Account is your starting account that you use to log in. If you click your picture in the top left corner of the site, you will be taken to your profile. There will be a tab in the top right that says characters. Click that, and you will make a sub-account which will act as a new character. This is used to avoid flooding the site with numerous accounts I believe, and give you the opportunity to easily switch between characters. Most people don't use their starting account as a character, but there is no rule against it and some do. It's up to personal preference.

As for requirements for titles, you need to be a part of the faction to gain the faction title, hold the rank of padawan / knight / master to get the respective title. The rest, they more or less have no real requirements.

lwrumble

Chattza Thuku Navik
[member="Alexander Nester"] What should I do if I have already made a character that I would like to use, but it is my starting account? Should I just leave it be? Or make a new sub account and copy over the information? I have joined a faction already, but what do I have to do to gain the rank of padawan? Thanks for all the information by the way.

You can use your writer account as long as it has the name of your character. Nobody minds. If it doesn't have the name you want, request a name change in the same thread where you request rank. As to qualify for the Padawan rank, I'm not entirely sure on the Silvers official stance on it, but once you make a thread in their forum and someone takes you under their tutelage, you are for all effects and purposes a Padawan, and should have no issue requesting the rank.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream

Welcome to the Chaos!

Glad you're finding your feet, keep the questions coming if there's anything else you're not too sure about.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

lwrumble

Chattza Thuku Navik
I really enjoy how everyone is so willing to help. [member="Alexander Nester"] So you suggest I make a post on the Silvers forum asking for a mentor/master?

Yes. There should be a specific thread where you ask for a master. If not, I'm certain they at least have a Introductions area where you can ask for one and introduce yourself, plus detailing what plans you have for the character.

Alexander Nester said:

You can use your writer account as long as it has the name of your character. Nobody minds. If it doesn't have the name you want, request a name change in the same thread where you request rank. As to qualify for the Padawan rank, I'm not entirely sure on the Silvers official stance on it, but once you make a thread in their forum and someone takes you under their tutelage, you are for all effects and purposes a Padawan, and should have no issue requesting the rank.
You don't need to request a name change, as a writer you may edit your profile and alter your account name that way.
And in the same place you obtained your Silver Jedi faction title, you may ask for the "Jedi Padawan" or "Rogue Padawan" (Or anything that goes with your character, really, as long as you start at apprentice-tier). Just be aware you may only have 2 titles under your profile, and only 1 force user title. So you may request the Padawan rank, but because you have the Silver Jedi title you may not request for a third without replacing one of your others.

And your concern about the use of a subaccount is understandable, but you needn't worry, as you may use a writer account for your character if you wish (this is my writer account, for example), and use subacccounts for the rest of your characters. A writer account is the main account that you signed up for (usually says the group it belongs to is "Writer") and is the account you have to sign in with. You may only have 1 writer account, but you may have as many subaccounts as you want. (I am not aware of any limits on them.)

lwrumble

Chattza Thuku Navik
[member="Silara Vantai"] Thanks for the in depth support! I was also wondering if I were to get a master, me being padawan and all, would they have to be a Silver Jedi? I posted something in the Silvers forum for Padawans looking for masters, but have received nothing back. I am probably just not patient enough :D

Chattza Thuku Navik said:
[member="Silara Vantai"] Thanks for the in depth support! I was also wondering if I were to get a master, me being padawan and all, would they have to be a Silver Jedi? I posted something in the Silvers forum for Padawans looking for masters, but have received nothing back. I am probably just not patient enough :D
You don't need a master from any one faction, although I would recommend it as you wish to be a part of that group. I, for example, could take any Sith lord as my master at this point for the sake of learning and training, and regardless of my faction I would still be able to be considered for promotion. (Though I'm sure it would take a bit longer, all things considered.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom