Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Lady Kay"]

Commenor, a world full of rich mineral resources. From what she was aware, Commenor policy indicated only Commenor companies could mine the resources of the precious world. It was unfortunate for Astril, as she wished to gain more profits for the business that had been in her family for generations.

Astril was not familiar with Lady Kay. She had only heard off her since Drakos Systems, and it's subsidiary, Golden Entertainment, had strong business ties in Commenor. It was therefore natural that Nova Corp would soon join the other companies in working with Her Majesty's government, or at least approach her with an offer.

"Transmitting IFF tag." she said. That was the standard procedure. The aspiring businesswoman waited on her yatch, waiting for approval before she descended on down from orbit. As she waited, she read a book, always wishing to keep herself busy by reading.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It wasn't long before [member="Astril Nova"] 's ship was checked and cleared. The co-ordinates for Chasin City's space port was given. Transport to the Palace was also available for Astril and her staff, if she had any.

Upon arrival, they would go through security before being led to a meeting room.

Kay was briefed ahead of time, so she headed down there, tea cup in hand. She also sent word for her Minister of Trade, [member="Darben Skirae"] to join her if he was able. She knew the man to be a bit skittish around her, but at least he was loyal. And if she had to gain loyalty through fear at times, then so be it.

After having learning of how Kay to be how she was, he felt more at ease around her. And he had to admit, he was growing to be used to the newer personality of [member="Lady Kay"], a comforting thought nonetheless. He brought Mute with him, as his assistant after having been notified that his presence had been requested. Having already been at the office, looking over notes of any sort of alliance, as he had talked about alliances in his meeting with Veiere. It made him interested to know what else there was.

Before he could find anything big, he had gotten the request so he set off to meet with Kay in waiting for [member="Astril Nova"]. Datapad in hand and casual clothing on, and Mute with her green dress and a couple over datadaps with additional information about trade costs and such things related. He kept his posture upright, trying to look professional.

[member="Darben Skirae"] / [member="Lady Kay"]

The trip from her ship to the meeting room was quick, the usage of a speeder helping things along. While she did this, she saw the various restaurants, and other entertainment facilities here on Chasin City.

I'll have to visit the world when I'm free

"Hello your majesty." she kindly replied. She then nodded at Darben, sitting down before she could begin the meeting.

"How was your day?" she said, hoping for a response from both of them.

Kay-Larr

Kay gave both [member="Darben Skirae"] and Mute a small smile, more so for Mute's benefit than Darben's. "Glad you could make it."

She sipped her tea. It was then that [member="Astril Nova"] had appeared and greeted them. Punctual. That boded well on her part. Kay set down her cup and folded her hands on the table, offering the woman a smile. "My day is going rather well, thank you. And how was your journey? Comfortable, I hope?"

Mute smiled back, and Darben was glad of that. He had rarely brought her out, and to see her in good spirits always warmed his heart and brought a smile to his face. "Well, I want to get paid, don't I?" He said with a bit of a grin, obviously meaning it as a bit of a light joke.

Darben's attention turned to the final attendee of this meeting, whom he nodded back to. Then he held his datapad up, as if ready to take or look over notes. He was mildly interested in her day, but normally that was a topic he spoke of out of work. Now, he was at work. And he would make no more jokes or personal chatter at this time.

[member="Darben Skirae"] / [member="Lady Kay"]

"Thank you my lady for your inquiry. My trip was wonderful." she said, nodding to the queen before quickly signalling it was time to get to business.

"We come to offer Commenor some of the finest metals in the galaxy that are also invaluable in military production of armors, and other pieces of equipment. As you know, Nova Corp sells cortoisis; & phrik. We are more than happy to sell cortoisis and phrik to you, your government, your people, and your planet my lady." she waited, as she hoped for a positive response.

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked to [member="Darben Skirae"] and his joke on getting paid. At least he was more comfortable around her.

Her attention was soon drawn back to [member="Astril Nova"] as she spoke about what her company had to offer. It was certainly unique in that others hadn't approached her about such metals before. Commenor had it's own metals, but none of the coveted phrik and cortoisis that some had waged war over.

"That would be wonderful. We could certainly make use of those metals. And what would Nova Corp like in return? Just credits? Or do you have something else in mind?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

"Of course, credits are an important part of the contract. " she humbly replied. "Nova Corp however would also like to be able to mine some Commenor minerals by establishing a mine, as well as a HQ for operations. In accordance with our policy that has been used ni all our other mines, we will only use Commenor citizens in terms of using the mines, as well as implement the planet's safety regulations. " she stated.

"Is that fine, my queen?"

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow slightly as [member="Astril Nova"] had asked for permission to open up a mine on Commenor. Perhaps they only had access to rare materials and sought to gain some not so rare minerals. It wasn't a bad trade off, especially as Commenori would be employed for extraction.

She nodded in agreement. "You have my permission to open up a mine, provided that it adheres to all of our laws and regulations. I don't see that as being a problem with Nova Corp, but it has to be said, regardless."

[member="Lady Kay"]

"I fully understand my queen. We will continue to strive to maintain our perfect record of employing local citizens, as well as support local industry, in accordance with the policy set by our parent company, Drakos Systems." she humbly replied.

Astril then showed her the contract. It had her signature in it, but it would require Lady Kay's signature. The businesswoman quietly waited, eager to get another client for Nova Corp.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded and smiled. She liked [member="Astril Nova"] . The lady was kind, agreeable, yet not afraid to speak up. Good traits to have for a successful businesswoman.

She took the contract, reading it over first as one should do. It took her a few moments, something that no doubt felt like longer to Astril. Kay then picked up a stylus and wrote her signature on the appropriate dotted line. She smiled and handed the contract back to her. "I expect that my own copy will be sent to me directly? And it's a pleasure doing business with you."

[member="Lady Kay"]

"Absolutely my Lady. Two copies will be sent to your office, with another one sent personally to you, and any of your legal represenatives." she stated.

Their business was now concluded, and Astril left. Soon, she was on her ship, and she left the planet known as Commenor, to conduct other business that day. The businesswoman was however happy, as she had made a new client, as well as got access to rare materials that would benefit Nova Corp, and Commenor.

Darben Skirae had remained silent, as it seemed [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Astril Nova"] had it all handled. He made notes here and there of the meeting. The mine they proposed to build on Commenor would not only help trade, but also a new workforce for perhaps Commenor workers hoping to get some credits by working for Nova Corp on Commenor. He scratched at his chin at thinking about that, wondering if that was an option.

Astril left once it was all said and done. Darben now chose time to speak. "You had that handled well...So a mine, that would surely get more of a spread of selling the gems we are prized for, won't it?"

Kay-Larr

Kay looked over to [member="Darben Skirae"] after [member="Astril Nova"] had left and nodded. "Indeed it does. And it's a win-win type of deal. Those can be rare. But I love it when a good deal like that comes together so nicely." She had to smile as she was quite pleased with herself, before getting to her feet. "You'll get a copy of the contract right away. For now I'll just retire to my office. Good day Minister Skirae."

She nodded to the both of them before departing. There was a lot that she had to do. And resting was required too. Doctor's orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom