Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Kid On The Block

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Ruusan Academy.

Was this the day that the solo Jedi Padawan would get a Master? He had no idea, but he had received a message upon his datapad to go to the Council Chambers on Ruusan. Being without a Master wasn't the worst thing, but Haytham sought out that... Master and Padawan bond, but he didn't make it public knowledge.

A lot of the times he put in the effort to meet other Jedi, but when he did so, he made odd decisions in those confrontations and didn't come across as the friendly person that he had been trying to be. Most times he wouldn't care, but he was seeing these people every day and was technically leaving with them for the rest of his life. Maybe.

At that point, Haytham was rushing to the Council Chambers so as not to be late. Must times he cut it close, and if this truly was his chance to get a Master, it'd be best if he arrived right on time, or maybe earlier, right?

He took the steps two at a time, and soon he was down the corridor to the Council Chambers and started in a light jog to them. He was certain that if he had tried to do this before his Jedi training he'd be out of breath, but now, he truly felt the physical difference and he slid to a halt in front of the doors and awaited entry.

Any moment now...

[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

A river of Padawans flowed from the training bay on Ruusan, a small trickling stream of students eager to create ripples and crests in the watery crests of knowledge. Or..something literarily poetic like that — Kiskla was fairly certain they were all going to just head out to the training fields and try and best each other with a training sword.

The lesson in the basic defence techniques was over, and the Grandmaster’s long strides were carrying her through the maze-like structure of the ancient temple.

“Master Grayson — here is the information you requested!” An excited Togrutan announced, scuttling up to the blonde woman with a data pad extended. Kiskla finished wrapping her hair in a bun and received the piece of technology. The list of Padawans had receded terribly and left a single person of interest for her to condition. “And he’s waiting for you in the former Councillor chambers.”

Kiskla nodded in appreciative thanks and dismissed the Knight to continue with her duties within the archives. Things seemed to be operating smoothly these days, though the baptism by fire was all-too rampant among some of the lesser ranks. Not that ranks were important, as Kiskla had emphasized when she’d dissolved the council.

Soft clicks of her heels lead her to the cavernous and ornately carved chambers that had once been where she, and a group of Masters congregated to deliberate the direction of The Order. Now, it was an open meeting room for all ranks, although mostly used by Master for taboo reasons.

“Padawan Kaze,” Kiskla greeted from behind, giving a gentle metaphysical push to cue the doors to open for the both of them. “Walk with me, and tell me about your training so far.”

Yep, that would be her getting right to the point.

“What is it you know already? And what would you like to know?”

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw the light-headed Grandmaster, and he immediately folded his top half over in a respectful bow and waited for her to speak. That was the customary Jedi greeting after all... Or so he thought.

When the doors opened, he waited for her to pass and then he spun on his heels and then walked in right behind her.

What do I know? Everything, once I see it.

His pause was too long and he decided that it was time to speak.

"I don't know much, but when I see something I'm able to remind every single detail almost perfectly." He added in the 'almost' so that he didn't sound too boastful. "I know how to use a blade more than anything I believe. Also, much of the fauna and flora of the worlds in the Outer Rim."

Another pause.

"If you're able to... Alter Environment, but if not, to further myself in any lightsaber form you're able to teach me."

"Teach me what you will, and I shall do my utmost best to learn it."

The pause was noticed -- which would indicate a thoughtfulness that would either be included in the response, or withheld. Either way, it was an observation tucked into her belt until [member="Haytham Kaze"] birthed a response. A very interesting one indeed.

"A quick learner, hm? Are you from the Outer Rim?" She responded thoughtfully, hands dropping to her hips as the observations carried over to a brief physical assessment. "Which lightsabre forms would you consider yourself most proficient, and which is most lacking?"

Haytham Kaze

There was no pause this time, just a simple, "yes." With an added nod of his head.

Most proficient lightsabre form?

His hand raised and scratched the back of his head and there was several moments of thought before he said, "Djem So." It probably was, besides the very first form of Shii-Cho which was always taught as soon as possible, and so he figured he didn't have to mention that one. "Niman would be weakest." Haytham was more of the aggressive fighter in a situation, and being as passive aggressive as possible in a combat situation with Form VI wasn't something that he'd excel at.

"Djem So is a very popular style." Kiskla observed, nodding her head thoughtfully at [member="Haytham Kaze"]'s honest response. It wasn't one she used very often, but she had studied it enough to leap frog from it and continue developing her own techniques.

"Nimam would be weakest because you're learning chronologically or because of it's vagueness?
I find that a form that doesn't have any set element of distinction can be hard to learn -- as there's very little to stem off of and master. It's almost like Soresu, in a way, that it's not entirely aggressive. "

She gestured with her hand toward the hilt of his blade.

"Can you show me what you know of it?"

Haytham Kaze

He began to shake his head when [member="Kiskla Grayson"] said chronologically, but he immediately came right back into nodding when she ended with the suggestion of vagueness.

"Exactly. There is no way to make the form your own -- pure boring."

He knew she was gesturing to the training lightsaber upon his belt, and he still looked down to it. Truth be told, he didn't know that much about it, only having one lesson and spending a bunch of time in the Archives of Ossus once learning of it, but it would have to do at this point. After all, he did have a Master now, and she'd be able to teach him more of the Form anyway.

"Do you want me to just show you the motions?" He raised an eyebrow in question but still let his hand slide down to the hilt of the training lightsaber and grasping. If that's what she wanted, he made sure he wasn't close enough to her or anything else to harm it, and brought the lightsaber up.

There was the slightest moment of pause where he imagined Kian Karr performing the Falling Avalanche, mimicked his pose and then brought it down in a downwards slash.

That downward slash was met with an instantaneous ignition of her own cerulean blade, stopping the descent of [member="Haytham Kaze"]'s sword. A bark erupted at the collision, but Kiskla held her grip firmly -- assessing the buoyancy of her new student. Contradictory to her lithe build, the kiffar heir was quite strong on her own accord, without the reinforcement of The Force. This made her slash possible, catching his blade and turning it upward in a slash that moved the opposite sweeping direction of his.
Shoulders turned toward him, and her free hand extended; a bellow of The Force radiating from her exposed flesh in Hatham's direction.

This pushing slash occurred in a matter of seconds. Though the technique was somewhat 'boring', it was useful and as quick as the wielder demonstrated it as.

"The Force is always your ally, though this technique is largely placid, it's an excellent time to blend your basic telekinesis with your more impressive swordplay."

Haytham Kaze

He hadn't expected his Master's lightsaber to flash out and meet, his own, and at first it surprised him, but then he regained whatever ground he would've loss by stepping back in surprise. What he would've done if he was prepared however would've bent his wrist and moved his lightsaber hand to the side while parrying her own blade to the ground.

Unfortunately, Haytham wasn't that advanced when it came to battle precognition, or just anticipation. It had only gone through his mind whilst it had been happening - while he flinched backwards.

"Like using a push to strengthen your strike or something?" He wasn't entirely sure what she meant, but he'd learn.

Soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom