Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EU Announcement

The best thing about a fictional saga is that the person who really chooses what did and didn't happen is you. I'm not worried about it, I already cut out the Clone Wars Cartoon ages ago :D

Carn Dista

C
So the question arrives again...

Are we, as roleplayers adhering to Film-Canon, or legacy?

Moroi Wareyasui

Cocky Little Poohead
Carn Dista said:
So the question arrives again...

Are we, as roleplayers adhering to Film-Canon, or legacy?
Does it matter? Short of some strange butterfly effect shenaigans, this site is far enough removed from either canon, chronologically and through content, that we don't really care if Luke Skywalker scratched his butt with his left or right hand. That's my take from it at least. At this point we're an entity all our own that draws upon the Star Wars universe, not necessarily the Star Wars plot.

My feelings is a lot of the EU is rubbish to begin with. They dumped it so thèy didn't have to spend countless man hours trying to make a movie out of the EU so they can make a true new movie. There's just to much EU, especially during the period the films will be set in to not alter it.

I think this is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the EU but from a film makers point of view it allows them to make a good movie... And not let annoying over enthusiastic fans (us) from telling them how to make their own movie.

Sit back and enjoy the movie as if its a stand alone... Not a EU disappointment.

I’m listening to the Hand of Thrawn books at the moment. They’re great, but they in no way bear any relation to the prequels. They are quite simply out of date, and it’s time for new, compatible stories to take their place.

Imagine someone who has watched the Clone Wars and the 6 movies picking up the Thrawn books.
  • Huh, the Clone Wars was 40 years before ANH?
  • The Clones were fighting the Republic?
  • The Jedi were a loose bunch of roaming judges?
And so on.

They’d be so damn confused about all this. The old EU has had its day, but it’s time for the post ROTJ stuff especially to be retired so we can have a new run of stuff. Stuff which actually relates to each other and doesn’t get released piecemeal over 30 years.

I read that they also flushed out some of the movies and that they decided to be Nazis against cosplayers.

I haven't seen it anywhere else online outside that one facebook post, so it may just be a rumor.

If what I read is true: I wasn't too upset about EU being cancelled BUT THIS

Oh no.
Actually this might be okay, Just hope no Mickey Vaders are added in for no good reason... Like they did with a certain person in the prequels. Jarjar binks.

5754568_700b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom