Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Enterprise

[member="Rycherd Alistair"]

It appeared a new company was coming over the horizon, showing up in the galaxy at large. One that caught Kuat Drive Yards attention. The President was busily away, doing research on the company and getting the public information available for it on the HoloNet. Although it seems not entirely too many, or too many larger organizations, had used the service yet, they still had to have some skill to get as large as they are today. The company 'Castellax Foundation' offered construction, which is exactly what KDY needed. While they built ships, massive stations, and even components like shield generators, they didn't have much knowledge on ground emplacements. There were things to take into account; ground stability, weather, basic metal resistances - if the area was going to be moist and need rust resistance, or anything else. They were looking to build two large bunkers with the land they had purchase on Kuat. They would be very special, and very powerful, which meant the President was not afraid of cost.

Once Ferron was ready, he prepared a Holonet video call to the company. If he was answered by an automated system, or a secretary, he would be patient. Usually he was the one being waited on, being such a large company, no one expects Kuat Drive Yards to be calling you. But it was nice for a good change of pace.

Progress was expensive as Rycherd was coming to discover. The Castellax Foundation was still expanding, establishing itself on worlds throughout the core of the galaxy. The recent attacks against the core, specifically Coruscant had cost the galaxy millions of lives, with much devastation and destruction on a scale unseen in generations. Sad, some would say, most in fact if Rycherd thought about it. However, he saw it slightly different. Where others saw tragedy, he opportunity. The Foundation focused heavily on urban construction and development, and the new wave of contracts coming had overwhelmed the Foundation for a time. Only now where they now getting things under control.

Rycherd himself was just arriving back to Empress Teta from one of his construction sites on Coruscant. While most of his workers were droids, it was good publicity for Rycherd to be seen touring the sites himself, speaking with the people there and assuring them everything would be fine. Such things tired him out more then anything else these days.

A small light was flashing on the comm unit situated on his desk. Sitting down in his chair, Rycherd tapped the comm unit once, leaning back in his chair to get more comfortable.

"This is Rycherd Alistair, CEO of the Castellax Foundation. Who is it that I am speaking to?"

[member="Kuat Drive Yards"]

The decimation of the Galactic Alliance and the destruction of Coruscant was very heavy on Ferron on the rest of Kuat Drive Yards minds. They were close to Coruscant, enough that they could have launched a retaliation, maybe something enough to support escape craft to flee. They regret not doing it. Even though the truth stands, if they did use whatever means they had at the time, it would have meant a retaliation from the Sith Empire, themselves, and the destruction of everything in the Kuat Sector, and they couldn't subject Kuat to an extinction level event. Truth be told, in recent times they have even allowed Sith bounties on Kuat citizens, simply because they had not the strength to fight it. Ferron hoped to change that soon enough, and this project was the first step.

As soon as the Holonet call was accepted, the video started to show. Hopefully the transmission didn't go through too many outdated Holonet Transceivers. His face slowly started to show until it was in full view, "greetings," Ferron smiled, "this is Ferron Troste, sole owner and proprietor of Kuat Drive Yards, and its subsidiaries. I am hoping you have a moment to discuss a construction project I'd like to hire your company for; pay is negotiable."

"I will need more specifics on the task before I accept anything. Where will we be building, what do you want built, will we be working on a time frame or will we have unlimited time? Would you also like to purchase some of our Castellax Class Security Droids for the facilities in question? I assure you, they would be quite useful in the task.

As Rycherd was talking, he had opened a small window on his desks terminal, typing in a few commands. After a few moments, several files began to appear on the terminal, detailing Kuat Drive Yards, and more specifically the man he spoke to know, [member="Ferron Troste"] of their sizable enterprise. Everyone knew Kuat Drive Yards, arguably the galaxies largest and most prominent shipbuilding company. The fact they were offering work to the Foundation was monumental, not to mention the possibility they could assist him in his plans for future growth.

Turning back to the screen, Rycherd pushed himself to his feet, straightening his black shirt. "I can assure you I am interested, I just need to know a bit more before I commit my company to this task, as I am sure you understand."

Ferron nodded his head, agreeing with the man, although thinking he was jumping the gun a little early. Perhaps he was nervous speaking to Kuat Drive Yards? "Of course, that's why I offered to discuss it, and not just slam a contract in your face, Mister Alistair. The bunkers themselves as to why they will exist will be classified, unfortunately. I have purchased land on Kuat, which will be the locations for these projects. I need them large enough to hold something the size of an Olympic sized swimming pool, and also behind it will need an area further stretching another hundred meters. So about one-hundred and seventy-five meters in total; all under ground. It will need ventilation as we expect heat to be an issue. Strictly, only the entrances will be above ground, and we need it made of good, strong materials, enough to withstand orbital bombardment. They will be self-sufficient, and self-contained. Air will be recycled but the only air being vented is the hot air I plan to generate. Don't worry, we'll handle internal ventilation, we just need somewhere to go out of the bunker. I can handle the security hardware of the bunker, and the security guards. Kuat Drive Yards maintains its own Cloning Facilities and has production of Clone Soldiers. Currently, the modules we have prepared to function within the bunkers are already completed, but I do not need the bunkers finished for at least a year," a year might be short time for two, fully armored, two-hundred meter bunkers, for a small company, but it was unknown how well equipped the Foundation was. "We can deliver the materials to the destinations as soon as you are ready, at least that part we can handle. It will be a very simple process; we can pay you what ever you feel is sensible and that we agree with, and you send your requested manifest to our Portmaster. We have refineries and factories on the Orbital Array, and along with those we have Warehouses. We have enough to build armies of Star Destroyers if we absolutely had the need, manpower, and funds, so we should have everything you need, at no extra cost. We have a varied selection of products you can take as payment along with a usual credit sum, or even include a Besh Credit amount to a Castellax Foundation account which you can use to purchase anything from our catalog." Off and on, while Ferron spoke, he would transmit information, documents, and data to Rycherd, informing them of what he was talking to him about. They weren't forced onto his computer, but data transfers which requested permission to be accepted by Rycherd. "We can also further assist your company should you ask, as long as you don't affiliate, or align yourself, with anyone we refuse to associate with."

Rycherd tapped idly away at a small projected screen on his arm, sustained by a small watch he wore around his hand. As he listened to [member="Ferron Troste"] speak he began putting numbers together. The general cost he was looking at for the construction was not a small thing, but the given resources at hand would help mitigate the overall sum. As for the time tables, under a years time wouldn't be much of an issue if he was able to supply enough droids for the task, however he would have to produce several thousand more just to meet the job at hand as well as fulfill his other obligations. The end result though should more then make up for the cost though.

He tapped a small button on his desk, the door to his office opening a moment later as his secretary came in. The short balding man waited patiently as Rycherd finished his final calculations, before sending the work he had done on his wrist console to the main desk terminal. At once, dozens of different schematics and designs began playing across the screen, taken from the Castellax Foundation's inventory. Models were tossed aside if they didn't have all the needed requirements, until only three model designs remained. The three were brought up to the main terminal so that Ferron could see them.

"What you request can be done. These three designs are bunkers that the Castellax Foundation has built in the past. For what you require, I will likely be taking all three and putting them together to create a single working model. As for supplies, I should be able to bring in enough to complete the standard bunkers themselves, however I will request large shipments of Quadranium Steel and Alusteel to be sent down to the surface. I will use both to help reinforce the bunkers themselves to protect them from almost anything. As for time, I should be able to complete both bunkers within half a years time at the latest. The Foundation relies on droid labor, and we will be able to work them tirelessly to get your contract done. A few thousand new units will be have to be created at our factories here on Empress Teta, a cost I will be adding to the final agreement. As for pay, my secretary will draw up all the costs and paperwork for you to sign off on. Construction can begin within two weeks if everything goes smoothly."

As Rycherd had been speaking, the secretary had been typing out notes on his datapad, nodding his head as he finished the outline of the contract. The man quickly departed the room, leaving Rycherd alone again.

Ferron understood his requests, but he shouldn't leave the manifest with Ferron. "That sounds great. When you arrive on Kuat I'll be there to meet you and I'll have the contract all drawn up. Still, leave the manifest of requested items with the Portmaster and any time stamps you need shipments loaded and dropped off. You are more than welcome to put an amount of additional materials in the payment for your droids. Is there anything more you'd like to negotiate before we are done here?"

Rycherd scrolled through the Kuat Drive Yards catalog as he seated himself again at his desk, coming to one of their starships. He pulled the vessel up on the terminal for [member="Ferron Troste"] to see. "I will also like to add this vessel to the final transaction. You can take its cost out of my companies final pay. I will make sure to put in the proper paperwork for it as well. Now, if there are other things you would like to discuss, I have a bit of time left while my secretary gets the paperwork together."

As he spoke, he turned to grab a small comm unit on his desk, quickly sliding it onto his ear as he keyed in to prepare to issue orders to the company.

Ferron shook his head when Rycherd asked if there was anything further. He knew how busy things can get with a company, so he felt their interaction was finished. "Nope, that seems to be everything," Ferron smiled at their agreement, "should you like to modify your ship, you'll find our Shipyards readily available, and modifications free of charge. Do get back to me should you need anything more. Have a good rest of your day, mister Alistair."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom