Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Element Nexus -AI-46-

• labradorite.jpg
  • OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To Design Zaublordian Solar Corona Crystals , a very rare stone only found in the Nexus zone of the Zauberlords home System -AI-46-
  • Image Source: jeannieirwin wordpress
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

• PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Element know as Nexus -AI-46-
  • Density: In its liquid Form its density is 0.1 g/cm3
  • Resistances :Very High
  • Blasters And other plasma type weapons: N/A Fusion Weapons cause this Element to explode from fusion energy waves emitted in the use of fusion technology.
  • - Kinetic: Very High this weapon has the ability to focus kinetic energy and reverberate it back with increased force of impact.. So if you made a blade out of this element and smashed it against a wall there would be a massive wave of reverberations ,as the kinetic energy was absorbed into the element in the blade that smashed into the wall momentary then shot back out of the blades tip with increased kinetic impact force.

• The Concept is similar too rubber when it is bent momentarily the kinetic energy is focused in the focal point of the bend but once the bend is released the energy flows out of the rubber with more force than it had before as it returns too Normal. This Element shares similar concepts imagine throwing a rubber ball at a wall when it comes back to you it is moving faster then when you threw it because of increased kinetic energy after it makes psychical impact with the wall. It is because of a similar concept this new element is able to do what it does.

• - Lightsabers: Due to some obvious properties and the nature of this Element its resistance to the energy provided by a lightsabers beam is Very High.
  • - Other:In its solid crystalline state it is pretty durable and resistant except for in certain environments that might cause it to explode.
  • This new Element Nexus -AI-46- is extremely light weight in its solid crystalline form weighing less than less than 1 gram per crystalline stone, in its Crystalline solid like state it has unusually high tensile strength.
  • Color: Volcanic Red/Acid Green , the Element has a outer green coating that is the same color as acid but the inside of it has a volcanic red flare in its solid state, in the liquid state it is pure acid green. In the gas state it can only be seen as red clouds of gas.
  • Special features: This Element in its solid state is extremely light and highly durable.

• Strengths:This Element in its crystalline state has the ability to amplify energy and creates a wider , longer and more powerful light saber blade when used to power light sabers than seen on standard issue light sabers. They are able to more easily reverberate back blaster fire with increased energy projectile force causing five fold more damage to the enemy. But with a wider and more powerful blade the deflections of energy fire maybe easier but there is a loss in accuracy when targeting and trying to redirect that weapons fire back at its source.

• This Element in its crystalline state has a corrosion ""Acid Like Effect"" most things that come into bare contact with the crystal that are not protected by Agrinium or a exactly similar substance would begin to feel the instant effects of this Elements natural Radiation that has the effect to slowly burn and melt threw most thing not radiation shielded as it slowly corrodes Most things besides radiation shielded objects. Making this Element only able to be used with certain kinds of metals that have high resistance to the natural radiation waves emitted from this element. Any weapon designed with this element would be extremely expensive sourcing all the proper materials and The Blade of any light saber made with this element would have a devastating toxic burn to it.

• The Only Know metal that has been tested and proven to contain the radioactive waves of this new Element is Agrinium ,It has proven to be able to block the "Acid Lie Effects" of this elemental substance, for proper transport a crate with one ton of the new substance would have to be coated in five tons of Agrinium. So in theory a light saber with one gram of this element would require five grams of Agrinium casing around it.

• Agrinium is an alloy based on Earthen aluminium used to create solar sails, and is highly resistant to all forms of radiation. In the old time it was applied to droids armor, it created an extremely effective barrier against many forms of damage, and was often used on lightweight repair droids that maintained the sails on many deep-space sailing ships it is also, conveniently used sometimes to make strong and lightweight melee weapon and tool grips.

• The easy availability of Agrinium due to the fact it is very easy to find and almost everywhere makes it cheap and effective radioactive shielding for this element in transport or in cases for light sabers.

• This Element in its crystalline state when used is in light sabers the lightsaber makes no sound when it is being used like a ghost whisper crystal it is absolutely silent and is just another whisper in the wind.

• Weaknesses:This element is highly unstable in its crystalline form and highly explosive and it is possible if its containment is breached with enough force there presents a slim possibility it could blow up in your face with the force of a cluster bomb. The instability is triggered from massive impacts of fusion wave bursts. IE fusion cutters are very bad for this element in its crystal form. That is why they are transported under heavy shielding to avoid possible explosions from fusion contamination. The crystal will give one warning sign before it explodes turning pure white and making a loud sort of siren like shriek sound that is a extremely loud whistling that lasts for exactly two minutes before it blows up.

• To Acquire the Solar Corona Crystals the process is extremely complicated and very costly , requiring a journey to unknown parts of space know as the Nexus, -AI-46- were only one refining system exists and it is extremely expensive, and as previously mentioned due to the highly volatile nature of these crystals there production is a very long process, making enough crystals for two light sabers would costs over 50,million credits and takes 6 months of refining and labor.

• Solar Corona Crystals gems have shatter points, minuscule points where multiple edges and facets would come together, forming a weak spot. If a strike was delivered at exactly the right point, and exactly the right way, the slightest tap could cause the entire gem to crumble into space dust.

• DESCRIPTION:Solar Corona Crystals are extremely rare and valuable ,They are produced by extreme pressures present in the Solar atmosphere of the Sun in the Nexus System. The process uses pressures great enough to crush elements together and the scraping of the liquefied air of the sun. The aura of plasma that surrounds the Sun and other stars. The Sun's Corona extends millions of kilometers into space and is most easily seen during a total solar eclipse this part of the sun's energy is Siphoned off in the main process of forming of the Solar Corona Crystals. The Newly discovered Planet ZuaberLord Property of the Privateers Alliance is the area were these crystals are being created deep in the Nexus of Zauberlord Space. The sizes of Solar Corona Crystals could be increased with proximity to the core of the sun although the sun is so hot it melts most metals upon prolonged exposure ,so deep core mining of the sun is currently not possible with the Privateer Alliances resources nor do they a future were it will be possible considering the sunburns hot enough to melt energy shields and star ships. Solar Corona Crystals are mostly valued for their beauty and power. The way that light reflects inside Solar Corona Crystals would make it seem as if it has a volcanic fire inside it.

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
@Salvator Vonstein

Hi there, I'll be the Factory Judge reviewing this submission. First and foremost, I noticed this:
Salvator Vonstein said:
If this touched actual flesh of a person or creature a dark mark would be burned upon there skin that would resonate a corrupting aura of darkness and depression, this crystal resonates a strong aura of dark energy.
Salvator Vonstein said:
- Kinetic: Very High this weapon has the ability to store kenetic energy. So it you made a blade out of this element and smashed it against a wall there would be a massive wave of reverberations , kenetic energy that would be absorbed by the element momentary then shifted back out of the element threw the focus point of the blade into the wall the blade had attacked mutiply that kentic energy five fold back out of the element.
Force Imbuement and/or alchemized materials require a restricted material as per the Restricted Items list. You've listed the production of this element as unique, but the verbiage you've used in the submission suggests otherwise.

Salvator Vonstein said:
Production:Unique
As this is a naturally occuring substance, this cannot be unique in production. I'd suggest semi-unique or limited.

Salvator Vonstein said:
Weight: Is this lightweight weighing less than 1 gram.
Since this is a material/natural element, the "weight" of this substance should be in form of density as opposed to weight.
Salvator Vonstein said:
This crystal has a corrosion acidic effectmost things that come into contact with the crystal would potentially begin to burn and melt as it slowly corroded. Making this crystal only able to be used with certain kinds of metal that have high resitance to acid corossion.
Burning someone with a solid is theoretically impossible. Caustic solids, such as sodium hydroxide, is a compound that only reacts chemically when combined with water. This will need to be edited to reflect that statement accordingly, or you're more than welcome to offer some research/backing of your own to keep it the same since I couldn't seem to find any examples of this being the case.

There are several inconsistencies within the submission, such as its comparisons in durability to trimantium yet it's somehow lightsaber resistant. While I understand and see the worth in the concept of this submission, there's going to be quite a lot of work that needs to be done before this is close to being approved.

[member="Arken Lussk"]
As this is a naturally occuring substance, this cannot be unique in production. I'd suggest semi-unique or limited.<<It doesn't exactly occur naturally as i have described there is a majorly complicated refining process that was used in canon star wars to make other crystals before same idea just a different resulting material of element. Without the refining process creation of this element is impossible in nature. The reason i listed it as unique is only two of these crystals are being processed for the purpose of my personal lightsabers. But i will be glad to adjust to semi-Unique if it will be better for the submission.

Force Imbuement and/or alchemized materials require a restricted material as per the Restricted Items list. You've listed the production of this element as unique, but the verbiage you've used in the submission suggests otherwise. you are correct i didn't mean to put that in there before i figured out how to explain it , at this point i will remove any mention of this >>>If this touched actual flesh of a person or creature a dark mark would be burned upon their skin that would resonate a corrupting aura of darkness and depression, this crystal resonates a strong aura of dark energy. <<<

- Kinetic: Very High this weapon has the ability to store kinetic energy. So it you made a blade out of this element and smashed it against a wall there would be a massive wave of reverberations , kinetic energy that would be absorbed by the element momentary then shifted back out of the element threw the focus point of the blade into the wall the blade had attacked multiply that kinetic energy five fold back out of the element. not sure why this is mention sir please explain the the effect explained is just a natural property of the elements natural structure once it has been forged into a crystal it does not have force or restricted alchemy in it.

This crystal has a corrosion acidic effect most things that come into contact with the crystal would potentially begin to burn and melt as it slowly corroded. Making this crystal only able to be used with certain kinds of metal that have high resitance to acid corossion.
when i wrote this i was thinking on the lines of weapons grade plutonium or rods from a nuclear power plant they are solid material but cause a Nuclear radiation burns that would burn threw your skin like a ""Acid Effect"" for lack of better words so what i am saying is this crystals natural radiation waves can burn thing like a ""Acid Effect""and requires containment with special metals like putting radioactive items in a lead boxes thats the general idea.

There are several inconsistencies within the submission, such as its comparisons in durability to trimantium yet it's somehow lightsaber resistant. While I understand and see the worth in the concept of this submission, there's going to be quite a lot of work that needs to be done before this is close to being approved. Yes of course i understand and thank you for your time. In relationship to trimantium the point i was making is this element has surprising tensile strength and can be bent and stretched in impressive ways like trimantium now i am not claiming that this element actually has the structural strength of trimantium as a metal because it does not because until this element is crystallized as i explained it is pretty much liquid magma. At Least i think i explained that sorry let me review this submission and clear up anything i think stands out.

Arken Lussk

Salvator Vonstein said:
It doesn't exactly occur naturally as i have described there is a majorly complicated refining process that was used in canon star wars to make other crystals before same idea just a different resulting material of element.
Still, the basic nature of the concept is that it can be produced more than just a single time. Depending on the complexity of the mining and refining process, I think the production value should be increased as required. Semi-unique is fitting for this, and I'm glad to you chose to edit that for me. Thanks!

Salvator Vonstein said:
not sure why this is mention sir please explain the the effect explained is just a natural property of the elements natural structure once it has been forged into a crystal it does not have force or restricted alchemy in it.
I simply don't understand the physics behind the ability to store kinetic energy, unless you incorporate some serious Force imbuement in it. I don't see that property being viable in a fair roleplay setting, especially since it seems a little excessive. Unless you can provide sufficient canon backing to a source that allows crystalline elements to have these properties, I'd like to see this aspect of the submission removed.

Salvator Vonstein said:
when i wrote this i was thinking on the lines of weapons grade plutonium or rods from a nuclearpower plant they are solid material but cause a Nuclear radiation burns that would burn threw your skin like a ""Acid Effect"" for lack of better words so what i am saying is this crystals natural radiation waves can burn thing like a ""Acid Effect""and requires containment with special metals like putting radioactive items in a lead boxes thats the general idea.

Plutonium reacts with carbon and other halogens to produce this radiological/corrosive effect on things. Realistically speaking, if you want to go down this path with this submission then I don't see this crystal being used in a lightsaber unless the hilt is comprised entirely of lead - which is pretty harmful in itself when being handled without the proper protective gear. If you can provide some substantial evidence to support your idea, I would advise removing this aspect.

That's all I've got for now. Tag me when edits have been made and we can keep trucking through this. Thanks!

[member="Arken Lussk"]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyber_crystal
thats one example and there is quite a few more i could find that have the same general concept of Focusing and Amplifying energy intensity. Now you might be right about the fact storing kinetic energy would be hard to pull off so i am going to edit that to focus.

"We know little about kyber crystals, because the Jedi Order worked to keep knowledge of them secret. But to put it simply, they focus energy and amplify its intensity. That once made them ideal for use in Jedi lightsabers; now it makes them ideal for use in laser weapons."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allya%27s_Redemption

This crystal is canon and does basically what i described as a acid like effect. The general idea is a element that carries the same property as this crystal threw a form of its own variation of radiation i explained most things that come into bare contact with the crystal that are not protected by heavy metals .

So pretty much any heavy metal in the galaxy would be good enough to protect a person from the small amounts of radiation waves.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosion any example of the idea have the acid like corrosive effect.

Plutonium reacts with carbon and other halogens to produce this radiological/corrosive effect on things. Realistically speaking, if you want to go down this path with this submission then I don't see this crystal being used in a light saber unless the hilt is comprised entirely of lead - which is pretty harmful in itself when being handled without the proper protective gear. If you can provide some substantial evidence to support your idea, I would advise removing this aspect.

In our world i would agree it would be a bad idea but i am creating a new element that happens to have a radioactive sort of effect and by using heavy metals the person avoids the bad side effects from the radiation, this element is a new concept so for instance we could really say pretty any substance was the ""Lead"" or our world that was not harmful to the person holding the object the element was inside. For the point of this submission though i am going to say that the one metal that protects you from my element is Arginium

i will get to making some edits thanks for your time.

'Salvator Vonstein ', on 06 Jan 2018 - 6:22 PM, said:
Salvator Vonstein said:
If this touched actual flesh of a person or creature a dark mark would be burned upon there skin that would resonate a corrupting aura of darkness and depression, this crystal resonates a strong aura of dark energy.
this is actual canon reference to a star wars light saber crystal but i could not find it and it really wasn't that important

Arken Lussk

Salvator Vonstein said:
This element is highly unstable in its crystalline form and highly explosive and it is possible if its containment is breached with enough force there presents a slim possibility it could blow up in your face with the force of a cluster bomb.
Salvator Vonstein said:
Solar Corona Crystals gems have shatter points, minuscule points where multiple edges and facets would come together, forming a weak spot. Ifa strike was delivered at exactly the right point, and exactly the right way, the slightest tap could cause the entire gem to crumble into space dust.
These two weaknesses don't exactly pan out for me since they're inconsistent. How does one little crack cause it to explode but numerous cracks entirely negate the effect?

Salvator Vonstein said:
This Element in its crystalline state has the ability to amplify energy and creates a wider , longer and more powerful light saber blade when used to power light sabers than seen onstandard issue light sabers. They are able to more easily reverberate back blaster fire with increased energy projectile force causing five fold more damage to the enemy. But with a wider and more powerful blade the deflections of energy fire maybe easier but there is a loss in accuracy when targeting and trying to redirect that weapons fire back at its source.
I am still iffy on this strength and the passage of it. Lightsaber blades are constructed entirely of plasma and I'm not too sure if plasma-produced blades can produce or amplify kinetic energy like this. And to be frank, the whole concept of this doesn't seem too viable or fitting for a Star Wars environment. I highly suggest reading up on this guide to lightsaber crystals.

Clarify those two weaknesses and decide what you want to do with this strength. It feels a bit much for Star Wars since no other crystals possess this property, and I'm not too keen on passing it as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom