Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private New Blood

Tags: Konsentrates Mnium Konsentrates Mnium

The usual sounds of busy students and masters could be heard with the halls of the Fulcrum as Petrichor made his way to the landing bay. He had been spending more time at the academy as of late, having taken a bit of a step back from the galactic stage in an effort to rebuild the Order's numbers. Korriban had been a trying moment for the Order, and the casualties they had suffered at the hands of the Maw were still felt by all. Nevertheless, the Petrite Order was nothing, if not resilient. Luckily, they had been able to rebuild fairly quickly, as the Excerpts had been quite successful in recruiting new members to the cause. Petrichor looked around the academy as he passed through, taking note of several particularly promising students. Today, he hoped to add yet another to their number.

He approached the landing bay, accompanied by a pair of his Exalted as he made his way down the front steps of the Fulcrum. The new arrival would be here soon, and Petrichor was eager to see what he could make of the man. He had made a habit of meeting the new recruits, and kept that tradition to this day. It was something that separated him from many of the Sith within the galaxy, as he didn't wish to be worshipped or revered. The irony of that was that his actions caused his followers to do exactly that, more often than not. It wasn't something he ever asked for, but then again, those that deserved such power were often the ones that didn't seek it.

Petrichor stood at the edge of the landing bay, his arms folded behind his back as he awaited the new candidate. Soon, the Order would be back to full strength, and hopefully Konsentrates would be yet another valuable addition to their ranks. But whether or not the man would be a good fit was yet to be seen...​

"All I wanted was the truth...."
Excerpt from Page One of Konsentrates Grimoire

Tags: Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor
It had been so long, so very long since this journey had begun. By how most measured time and distance, it would be considered a momentous effort, for the worlds that he had walked upon were more than many that inhabited the galaxy would set upon.

It had begun with a journal, a simple dark diary bound within black leather and penned in local inks discussing the musings of the owner on the nature of the force and the traditional stereotypes that characterized those that followed them, the noble and wise Jedi that were hidebound by tradition and censorship mirroring the bloodthirsty and malicious Sith, too busy slipping poison into their fellows wines and slipping daggers between ribs to every achieve any greatness. Like most stereotypes, they did nothing but attempt to delude those who listened but there was one chapter that was well worth heeding. A discussion about an order that defied the standard, seeking to redefine the model of learning that the multitude of force organisations had sought to mimic before.

While it had started as a mere diversion, something to keep him moving forward after his belief system had collapsed, the beings he had once idolised as gods gone from this plane and once again Konsentrates returned to his life as a scholar and hermit, avoiding the light of the galactic core in search of enlightenment and knowledge. But in time, the diversion gave way to hobby and in turn to obsession. He began to seek out proof of this mysterious individual and their order, the need to contemplate their creed and absorb their lessons burning through his mind like a fever,

His next lead was from a merchant, offering all manner of obscure macabre paraphernalia and as such Konsentrates had purchased woodcuts from Kashyyyk, intricate runes and motifs carved in the Wroshyr depicting a robed and masked individual standing upon a pedestal, a group of books laying open at his feet. This had then allowed him to decipher a lexicon discussing the 'Pages' and the thoughts these 'Pages' had mused upon and what lessons they learnt, and from there another tome or carving, statue, holocron, the list continued and with each clue the need to decipher and comprehend had only grown.

Until now.

Pale hands shaking, Konsentrates looked upon his gaunt visage in the mirror, the dark robes that engulfed his frail frame keeping him warm against the chill that the shuttle seemed to radiate. He had adopted the image of an older human, entirely bald other than a carefully curated beard but his eyes glittered with intelligence and desire. When did I last eat? Or drink? Such things had begun to cease to matter to him, his mind nourished by the books and tomes that were carefully organised in front of his cot within the shuttle as it transported him. He had used the last of his credits on this trip, trusting in the pilot when he had said he knew the location of the fabled 'Fulcrum' spoken of within the texts. As prepared as he was capable of, the scholar slowed his breathing, allowing his mind to relax and repeat the numerations he had taught himself to clear his mind, ensuring it was prepared to absorb and imprint all he was about to witness.

Striding from the room, robes trailing behind him, he stepped out of the shuttle and strode towards the dark figure before him, bowing before him and his assembled guards...

The stranger approached, offering a bow to Petrichor as he met them at the base of the steps. The Dark Heretic stood in silence for a moment, doing what he could to get a read of the man as he bowed before him. There was certainly an air of curiosity about him, perhaps the same that had set Petrichor on this path so many years ago. He offered a small bow of his own as he greeted the man.

"Welcome to the Fulcrum. I am Darth Petrichor, though we can forgo the 'Darth' portion of the moniker. I often find that the title comes with excessive baggage, brought on by the abuse of its power by weaker minds. Nevertheless, it still has its uses."

In truth, he rarely used his full title, often settling for simply being called Petrichor. His time among the Sith had shown him that too many claim the title of Darth without actually earning it. He hadn't even truly earned his until he had killed his old master. Nevertheless, there were appearances to keep up, and he would do so as needed.

"Finding this place is no easy task. Those that do are often in search for something. Something that they can't find elsewhere."

The Fulcrum had more than done its job as a safe haven for the Order. Even now, with the Galactic Alliance at their doorstep, the academy had been able to remain unseen by unwanted eyes. In some ways, it was almost as if it could only be found by those that were truly seeking it out.

Petrichor took a couple of steps forward, kneeling in front of the man as he met him with his masked, metal gaze.

"Tell me, what is it that you seek?"

A simple question, but one that would provide a telling answer nonetheless.​

"When I first looked upon Petrichor, he could have been anybody.
Anyone, it could have been a Gungan, Twi'lek or Human under there. I wonder if that's the point?'

Excerpt from Konsentrates Grimoire, Chapter 2: The Coming Rain.

Ensuring he remained bowing until the lordly figure before him had straightened again, Konsentrates looked up into the pale mask, his eyes struggling where to focus as they voice emerged from within. Many he had encountered wore masks, some ornate and vicious, others traditional and primitive but they had almost always served a uniform purpose of intimidation and aggression, hoping to instill fear in those that looked upon them but something about this one was different. It wasn't some demonic face or even made of some dark and forbidden materials but was merely just a statue like face looking back. It was a blank slate, generic features, it could have been based on anyone in the galaxy and perhaps that was exactly the point? That Petrichor could be anyone and that with his teachings and creed, anyone was capable of enlightenment and ascension.

It was part of what had lead the scholar here, standing before the individual that many of the rumors had labelled 'Heretic'. In his brief interactions with many of the Sith, many had extolled the virtues of locating troves of knowledge, absorbing all that they offered and then destroying them. While such a course of action itself was enough to make them pathetic in Konsentrates eyes, their reasoning sickened him even more. It was to ensure that no others were able to find the same information, to solidify that they were still necessary for the information was only alive within their own likely flawed memories.

What a pathetic and cowardly way to live he had thought at the time and he held the same opinion now. The fear that someone may comprehend the lessons better than they, or gods forbid, expand upon the teachings in a way that they hadn't considered, such an occurrence was so terrifying to them that they needed to destroy any holocrons or books they found, the nightmares of others surpassing them enough to deny such knowledge to any others. It was a wonder they hadn't stagnated to the point that owning a lightsaber was enough to scare them into fratricide.

But this order was different, this creed not only seemed to espouse the sharing of knowledge and it's propagation, they encouraged others who sought the same.

"I seek knowledge my lord. I seek not only to learn, but to understand and comprehend."

It was one thing to wish to learn something, but only with understanding and comprehension could one claim the knowledge as their own and begin to use it as a framework. Only when it was a part of you, engrained in your memories and stored within could you hope to use it. Such was the misunderstanding of many he had encountered, but all signs indicated that he would not find such failings here. Here, he may find the kindred spirits he had never dared to hope existed.

The man exuded quite the inquisitive nature, that much was for certain. Perhaps enough to warrant a place within the Petrite Order. Despite this, curiosity and desire for knowledge weren't always enough. Many had sought the knowledge held within the Fulcrum, and many had left with no memory of the place at all, doomed to walk in the ignorance of their inadequacies. Nevertheless, Petrichor was intrigued by Konsentrates, hoping that perhaps there would be yet another kindred spirit added to the Order's ranks. After taking a moment to process the man's words, Petrichor motioned toward the academy.

"Follow me, Konsentrates."

The fact that he already knew the man's name may have caught him off-guard; Petrichor's information network had grown considerably through the years, and he had heard the man's name as he sought out the academy that they now stood outside of. Whatever reaction he would give would be telling, as all reactions were. Sentient beings were easy enough to read, if one simply cared to look for the signs. Whatever the reaction, Petrichor began to walk back up the steps, the pair of Exalted in tow.

"Follow me, I'll show you a bit of the work we do here."

As they walked through the doors, they were greeted with a large, open hall, filled with various students of the Order going about their daily duties. Some had their faces buried in books, while others discussed the finer points of the philosophy of the Force. Though they were all darksiders, mentions of Jedi teachings could be heard as they passed by, exhibiting a level of openness often lacking in other Dark Side circles.

"We don't shy away from the teachings of the Light here, despite our feelings about the Jedi. The very first of the Dark Jedi were only led astray due to a lack of understanding on the part of the Jedi. Those that truly wish to learn, however, will be willing to study the Force in full, despite the years of turmoil between the light and the dark."

As they proceeded through the room, Petrichor stopped in his tracks, turning toward Konsentrates as he spoke.

"We do not adhere to outdated ideals of ignorance and sycophancy. I hope that you are able to do the same."

It was a test, in its own way. The first step to joining the Order was always a significant vetting process, often conducted by Petrichor himself. After all, after his initial failures in the early days of his journey, he would not allow such weakness into his academy's walls.​

Walking through the halls of the order, Konsentrates had to stop to witness the sites that were laid before him. The fact that the Dark Lord before him knew his name didn't pierce his awestruck mind for what he was seeing take place was already enough to have stupefied him.

It was enough to bring tears to his eyes.

It was beautiful. Students sat amongst each other, openly discussing their findings and opinions on a number of topics that he himself had only begun to touch on despite his advanced understanding and studies. In the conclaves of the Jedi these students would be reprimanded for discussing such techniques and formulae, amongst the Sith circles, many of these students would be dead already, their knowledge stolen by another out of fear that they may surpass them. But here, they merely sat calmly and debated theory, expanded upon idea and annotated for future use.

Here, was the future of the Force.

It was not one doctrine as well, one circle were discussing various Jedi saber forms and their viability against Sith defences, another were debating which force techniques were better fueled through a moderate approach to emotion and which were energized with passions. It was a complete works, not censoring either ideal for fear that it may tempt others, but instead amalgamating into some pure.

Turning to the hooded figure as he discussed the ignorance that was so prevalent outside these walls, Konsentrates could only grin eagerly.

"My lord, ignorance is the truest foe of us all. I seek not political position, I have no ambitions towards any material gains and I have none of the bloodlust that many who follow the exiled paths of the force exhibit. I offer my services and allegiance in any capacity I may offer, to yourself but to this....this..."

He struggled to come up with the words. The dream that such a place as this would ever exist, let alone existed already was overwhelming.

"To this ideal. To this creed."

"Good. Maintain that focus, and you will do quite well here."

The comment was short, but the Dark Heretic's tone carried a certain gravity hinting at the implications of failure. Though they didn't kill failed students, those that didn't stay the path would find their time among the Order hazy, not being able to recall where they were or what they did. The memory rub would turn their time in the Fulcrum into a complete waste, an unknown reminder of their own wasted potential.

"I wish to show you something, Konsentrates."

He turned, making his way through another door to the side of the building. The cold, practical interior of the academy gave way to a luscious garden, filled with plants from across the galaxy. Throughout the expansive garden, several other students could be seen studying, meditating, and even sparring with practice sabers.

"This garden is one of the many collections maintained on the grounds. With the constant wars waged across the galaxy, many of these plants are now endangered."

He knelt down next to a large flower with blue-black petals, emitting a strong blue glow as he drew close.

"These flowers are nearly extinct. They don't usually grow near a Dark Side nexus. It's choked by the darkness, under normal circumstances. Yet, here it is, flourishing despite the dark energies that permeate the very foundation of this place."

It was a microcasm of the work of the Petrite Order, the never-ending search to find a new path for those who wish to study the Force. The very idea used to seem so far-reaching to the Umbaran, yet now, with the surge in growth that the Order had received lately, it seemed more feasible than ever.

He stood up, facing the man once again as he motioned toward the students within the garden.

"This place has its own dark history. It is a Rakatan ruin, and has a long and bloody past, or at least, from what we've learned of it thus far. The voices of the dead often call to those within. Should you stay here, you will have to make sure to steel your mind at all times, lest you be coaxed away from the path of the Order."

A bried pause followed, allowing for the pair to listen to the whispers of the dead that softly floated through the air, dancing from ear to ear as if they were the notes of a beautiful symphony, hoping to find the attention of weaker beings.

"It may seem counterintuitive for a group such as us to maintain our teachings within such a place, but I find it to be a fitting test for those that wish to remain. After all, if they cannot handle the darkness of the dead, how are they supposed to handle that of the living?"​

The whispers had begun almost as soon as Konsentrates had set foot upon the planet, an insidious tugging within the mind that was imperceptible until pointed out by the dark being before him.

It was like a subtle rise in temperature, not enough to take notice of but leaving you reeling when you suffered the after effects.

I wonder if they have manipulated my behavior in anyway the scholar mused, determined to study what sort of effect exposure to powers beyond would have upon sentients, and whether they were a danger or perhaps held hidden wisdom. Or was far more likely, an attempt for them to wrestle their way back into the physical world, regardless it would be an exciting experiment to undertake.

The garden here was indeed marvelous, and Konsentrates could note thirteen rare varietals by merely glancing, each that would be found within vastly different climes but within they all flourished, the dark power permeating within giving each the strength it required to survive amongst it's fellows but without gorging upon it and running rampart.

That is the folly of so many, he noted to himself.

To sup from the chalice of power, to learn what this new power has given you and what capabilities it offers and to fully absorb all that it has to offer before moving on. So many drain the well and march into the galaxy bloated with corruption and confidence, achieving nothing but cutting an ugly scar in the galaxy before they are excised like a tumor.

Here, there is study. There is a future, not for the individual but for the whole.

Here there is the possibility.

"What is your desire regarding your students my lord? How can an acolyte best reflect your teachings?"

The new arrival had taken his time to ingest both his surroundings and the words of the Dark Heretic, exuding a level of patience and attentiveness that Petrichor often sought in his students. Though inquisitive and curious, Konsentrates seemed to understand that finding truth came with discipline. Another trait that Petrichor took a mental note of as they walked through the garden.

He paused for a moment, pondering the question asked by the man. There were many things required of his students, though in the end, it all came down to the basic tenets of the Way of Equanimity. Petrichor finally broke his silence, sitting on an obsidian bench within the garden as he spoke.

"I simply ask my students to listen, ingest, and then put what they have learned into practice. So long as they follow the core tenets of our methods, they are allowed the freedom to study as they wish. Of course, there is more to it than that, but that simply comes with time."

There were many layers to be peeled back when it came to the teachings within the Fulcrum, though it would take years for one to fully envelop themselves in them. The goals of the Order, on the other hand, were another matter entirely.

"We live in uncertain times. The Brotherhood of the Maw has already destroyed Csilla, and they came entirely too close to destroying Tython. They are the culmination of everything that represents how far the Sith have gone astray. Even beyond them, there are others that are lost to their desire for power. While I wish we could get them to see the error of their ways, I doubt that it would be feasible."

A long sigh followed.

"I don't wish to continue the bloodshed, but unfortunately, my hand has been forced. We have already met the Brotherhood once in open battle, and I doubt that it will be the last. Though my followers aren't required to fight, many do because they see that there is no other option."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom