Development Thread: N/A. This is an Acclamartor I-class assault ship with slightly adjusted stats.
Model: Solo-class Assault Ship
Classification: Heavy Cruiser
Role: Assault ship
Affiliation: The Galactic Republic
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation
Height: 170 meters
Width: 428 meters
Length: 700 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Hypermatter Annihilator Reactor
- Class 0.6
- 700 crew
- 700 crew
- Laser cannons (20)
- 300 speeder bikes
- 80 small gunships
- 45 large walkers or tanks
- 32 mobile artillery
- Advanced Navcomputer equipped
- Five Shield generator domes
- Targeting systems
- Life support systems
- Communication systems with military-grade encryption/decryption for subspace, Holonet, and realspace transmissions
- Sufficient amounts of escape pods
- Sensor systems
- 16,000 troops
- 200,000 m3 (excluding hangar and consumable space)
- 11,250 metric tons
- 5 months
As part of a new effort to attain technological superiority in the galaxy, the Galactic Republic launched the Hope Program in 836 ABY.
The Solo-class Assault Ship was the planetary assault ship of the Hope Program. Its name came from Han Solo, a historic man that made countless naval contributions to the Rebel Alliance and New Republic. This class of ships were typically named after Rebel Alliance admirals from the Galactic Civil War.
The ship was designed by the government owned Republic Engineering Corporation. Just as with any other major project, the Republic Engineering Corporation outsourced certain parts of the ship to other companies to expedite its design and production. Kuat Drive Yards helped with the engines while other companies helped with weapon, communication, and other systems.
The 700-meter-long assault transport carried thousands of Republic troopers into battle. The Solo-class favored a wedge or dagger shaped design due to provided a minimized target profile.
The sensor and communications suites were located at the front of the ship's command tower.
The hull armor of Solo-class remained top of the line for its class. The assault ship also had several shield generator domes dotting its hull - with not all of the shields on at the same time. The number one purpose of the ship was to land on the ground and deploy the troops and vehicles. Therefore, it required strong defenses to break through the enemy's lines.
The assault ship had minimal weapon systems, though. The ship was not a core part of the Republic's fleet in regards to naval superiority. If the Republic did not intend to attack a planet, the Solo-class would not be a part of the line.
IMPORTANT ROLE-PLAYING STUFF:
The Galactic Republic will not be offended if an individual or Minor Faction procures this ship if the following conditions are met:
- The ship was introduced in a thread open to the entire Republic by a Galactic Republic character in a situation that would reasonably require the ship's presence.
- The individual or Minor Faction successfully gains control of the ship in that situation, and also allows for adequate chance for Republic characters to impede their progress.
- The ship was not, in-character, freely given or sold by a Republic character unless the Writer of such character understands just the attempts of such actions will result in their character being arrested, executed, or banished from the Republic.
If the Galactic Republic feels that any party has unfairly acquired this ship, a Role-Play Judge will be contacted.
Any Republic character is free to reasonably use this ship. Understand that this type of ship is owned strictly by the Galactic Republic's military. Attempts by Republic characters to go rogue with this ship will end with the Republic attempting to forcibly reclaim or destroy the ship.