Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New arrival, old places.

As Oord made his way through the great entrance hall he noticed all the traffic, which was moderate, were dressed quite similarly. Each person wore robes or suites of tan or brown, deep greens and even some scattered blue. Each pedestrian carried themselves with an air of importance, what they were doing mattered and not just to them. But most importantly, nearly every single one was force sensitive and quite a few were aware of Oords prying senses, awarding him curious glances.
The tide of people moving in and out and around was unceasing, so Oord just plunged right in and was brought to a halt by a tall but stern looking human, who perchance was completely unsensitive of the force. Also it appeared he was a member of some local authourity team, depicted by the badge and uniform he proudly wore. "You there... your business? The jedi dont have time to deal with every filthy backwater planet peasant looking for handouts. Do you have an ID?"
Oord had to struggle with the curtain of red rage he had been used to relying on, and instead opted for a diplomatic solution to the rudeness of the guard. Oord was after all rather sparsely dressed and had no fancy suite or robe to ease his entry to the only place that could save his life. Oord held out his hand with a small datapad with his credentials, in a small but steady voice he said "I was directed by a Jedi to come to this place, she said that I would be welcome here..."
Oord didnt know how the guard would respond but it looked as if he was still quite miffed...

From the serene forests of Tython, Rasu now found herself back in the familiar chaos of the Republic Capital, Coruscant. Exiting the speeder that had taken her from the spaceport, the Shi'ido began to walk up the stone steps leading to the towering Jedi Temple. Nostalgia washed over her as she made her way into the shadow it cast upon the duracrete plaza, a chill passed over her as the bright Coruscanti sun vanished behind that sheer bulk of a building. It had felt like years since the Headmistress had returned to the Temple here, being too caught up in her work on Tython and missions taking her across the galaxy, but now she was back, and how good it felt.

As she passed through the temple entrance, she was met by a sudden mental wave, the Force presence of the Jedi population suddenly being thrown upon, however she appeared unaffected, becoming used to the effect after her various trips to and fro. She had learned to flourish under it's immense light, filling her with warmth and joy. Rejuvenating as it was the Shi'ido couldn't help but notice some sort of alarm or displeasure beginning to taint the usual tranquility of the Temple aura. Stopping mid-stride she turned, retracing her steps back to the Temple entrance where she located the source; a Fosh. The avian being was in mid-discussion with a member of the Temple guard, seeming to get more and more upset as the conversation continued. Deciding to step in, Rasu just caught the final words that left the man's mouth, causing her to understand the distress emanating from the young Force sensitive.

"Sir that is no way to treat any decent being on this or any other world. You are the first impression that newcomers gain of the Jedi and we expect you to at least achieve this properly and display the truth, not some disgraceful, rude persona. I will handle the admittance of this initiate." she said, gesturing for the Fosh to follow her away from the blushing man as he tried to compose himself after the woman's small outburst.

"I'm so sorry about that, just forget that ever happened. I don't know what got into him. Anyway how can I help you?" she asked the Fosh, smiling at him and hoping he hadn't been too offended by the guards comments.

@[member="Arythe"]

Oord felt rather than saw the apporach of a female. It appeared to him that he wasn't even going to get a chance to speak with another jedi. They had dispatched a jedi to turn him away, and by the feel of it, she was quite powerful. He was about to open his mouth and start a compaint but the jedi spoke and began to scold the gaurd. It was then Oord realized she was defnding him.

"I'm so sorry about that, just forget that ever happened. I don't know what got into him. Anyway how can I help you?". The jedi spoke with a fluid grace that seemed to soothe him on a subconscious level.

Oord turned away from the guard and lengthened his step to match the larger jedi's. "I am Oord fa'alang. I was sent here to learn temperance, by a female of your order. I believe she reffered to her position as a 'knight'.
I have a question... I observed your displeasure with that gaurds behaviour. Why then, did you not crush him beneath your might? Play no games, for i feel your strength in the force like a tidal force, and he would have fell before you like chaff in a storm..."

Oord had a feeling he knew the answer but was unsure if all jedi were like the one who saved him, or if she was a singularity. In his experience, those with power did not hesitate to do away with things that displeased them...

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Well because there was no need to young one. Pain, suffering death. These are the tools of the Sith and the dark side, not something that we as Jedi use. Compassion and forgiveness are still just as effective if not better." she said, offering a warm smile to the obviously new Force-sensitive. Being far away from the capital, she began to wonder if events like this one, occurred quite often, if the Jedi now had just grown accustomed to the rough ways of the Temple guards. She had been away for so long now, she might not have been aware of the change within the place she once called home. She would have to bring this up with the Council, something like this could not stand, especially if it was new initiates who were in the firing line.

She looked back at the Fosh, trying to match his facial features with that of any record she had stored back on Tython, however none came to mind. This man was definitely new, but it surprised her that she had received no word from the Council concerning his arrival. Unless of course, he had yet to enroll and was only just doing so now. In which case, she would have to ask. "I am assuming from your question that you are new to the Order, am I correct?" she asked.

@[member="Arythe"]

Oord was taken slightly aback. His forty-nine years were mostly spent as a comunity memeber of the fosh. He was just barely an adult by the standards of his race, but even so he had only spent the last five years off planet, two of those were under the crushing tutalege of a mad Dark-jedi. "I see, then I guess it is good that I am here. I am interested in becoming better than I am now. You see..." as Oord and the still un-named jedi walked he informed her of the demise of his people and the tutalege of the wickedly powerful Feleen, and finally his rescue. "It was then, through the smoking ruble of the House of Acolytes, she called to me 'will this ease your pain? More killing, maiming and suffering? Flee from here, Feleen is no threat to you. Flee from hate and seek temperance under the tutalage of my old teacher, jedi Rasu Gan. Abandon your fear Oord, or it will betray you.' Those were her final words before she dragged the rest of the ruins down on to her and the trapped Feleen. She saved my life and I do not even know her name. I am charged to find a teacher who may not even be alive any more... mayhaps you could help me find this 'jedi Rasu'?"
Towards the end of his speach he had begun to take on a sullen mindset but shrugged it off and looked up at his newest savior.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu listened intently to the beings tale, taken aback by just how much horror and violence the creature had been a witness to. Her heart skipped a beat as she listened to the sacrifice made by the unknown Jedi, and was even more surprised to hear her own name mentioned. From what the man had described she had never met such a person, although she would have come across many a Jedi in the halls of the Academy, still it seemed strange that this being would be sent to her of all Jedi. Rasu pondered over this notion for a few moments, wondering whether this was in fact a sign from the Force or if she had in fact taught this mysterious Jedi Knight before her untimely end, it all confused the Jedi Master. However she knew that it was not possible to just abandon this Jedi prospect, if at least in the memory of the unknown knight.

Looking back at the Fosh, she brought a finger up to her lip as she continued her thoughts. Studying him, she could sense his strong Force aura, containing a strong potency that was not common in many of those untrained like him. However she could tell he wanted to learn, the strong yearning to reach Master Gan was indeed apparent in his eyes, something that the Shi'ido looked out for in a student. This Fosh was indeed unique, and if trained correctly, with the proper guidance, could one day become a Jedi strong enough to rival any of the Masters currently seated in the Jedi Order.

Leaving her thoughts, she smiled at the avian being, deciding not to leave him waiting any longer. "Of course, you need not look any further than me. Jedi Master Rasu Gan at your service." she said, bowing her head in greeting. "And I believe I have yet to learn your name my feathery friend."

@[member="Arythe"]

Oord was speachless for a fraction of a second, thinking of the marvelous chance that the first jedi to greet him would be the one he needed the most. It was truely the work of the force, indelible and as unpredictable as a super nova. "Our meeting, I think, is not by happenstance. Mayhaps the force moved in the two of us today? Certainly astronomical luck like this is out of the question... As for my name... that is compicated. Fosh live with the names of their deeds, from: 'Faal-Ung', to 'Suu Bar-a'arat', roughly translated is Hatchling, and master of mind and body, these are but titles. Mine is Oord Fa'alang. Roughly translated to mean Self master, but it lacks the details. To my friends I am Arythe, at your service and in your debt!" As Arythe and Master gan kept walking Arythe realized that their path would meander over a small, but deep decorative stream. While Arythe appreciated how the jedi had incorporated the beauty of nature into the jedi temple, he was still deeply nervous of deep, fast moving water.
Arythe could swim, but just barely. In order to earn the title of self master it was required that one conquer ones fears. As a youngling of perhaps 14 years, Arythe had been running to shelfter in a heavy storm and was swept off of a bridge and carried some 10 miles down stream. The pounding water shatted his right arm nd left him dissoriented. He had managed to not drown long enough to fetch up on a broken tree mid stream and work his way through monsoon rainfall and riverwater over the next three hours to the bank. Sore and with a shattered right arm he was forced to march ten miles up river to his home. Whats worse, thing in the forest preyed on the weak and infirm. He managed to kill a Gyba Hound with his rapier left handed, but escaped withthe evidence of his clash with death: seven parallel scars running from his eft shoulder to his right hip.
After that day, Aryth pretty much avoided water that was more than knee deep. But here it was, a powerful stream at least twenty feet deep. Arythe took a deep breath and submerged himself in the force, allowing it to wash away his fear and replace it with his anylitical mind. The bridge was sturdy, it was not raining heavily, nor was he a youngling to be afraid of such things any more. "This garden is quite magnificent!" He was filled with confidence as he placed his foot upon the bridge leading to his destiny.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Indeed the Force works in ways that we can't even begin to comprehend, Arythe." she said, hoping he would approve of her choice of name. Arythe seemed nice enough, and strong in the Force, someone she could not just turn away from teaching. That would go against everything she stood for as both a Jedi and an instructor. She would teach the Fosh, if not for him then at least in memory of the mysterious Jedi, one whom was still unknown to the Headmistress, but she would uphold their dying wish.

Leaving the Temple entrance, Rasu led the man further into the Temple, acknowledging those Jedi that walked past, politely bowing her head in greeting as the pair continued at a reasonable pace. Her mind continued to race over the events of only a moment ago, still finding the whole situation hard to process. It wasn't the fact that she now had another Padawan to look after, but more the fact that the identity of this woman still remained a mystery to her, something Rasu was quite irritated about. She would have to look more into this, perhaps even going so far as to question the Fosh Padawan further into their apprenticeship. The Jedi Master couldn't handle such mysteries, especially when she had become involved in such a predicament.

She let her mind focus now on the scenery as the pair entered one of the few gardens housed in the Temple, following only a few steps behind from Arythe's. Leaning on the bridge railing, the Jedi found herself entranced in the overall tranquility of the garden, her eyes focused on the small ripples forming in the man-made stream. It amazed her to see that still such beauty could be formed by man's hand.

"It is isn't it. I believe this was the very place where I came across my own Master. Funny how the Force works." she said, reminiscing as she thought back many years ago to when she sat here as a Padawan, a nobody, unaware of how much her life would change in those five-six years. Now here she was, being requested by other Knights, and entrusted with the training of the next generation of Jedi. "If I may be so bold Arythe," she asked curious as to what his answer would be, "What is your impression of the Jedi? Give me your honest opinion. What would you say our strengths and weaknesses are?"

@[member="Arythe"]

As Arythe was admiring the beauty of the garden he was also listening to the words his new master was saying. Breaking free from his introspective mood he glanced up at her. "Of your weaknesses? I couldnt fathom them, master Gan. All i have to go by are my impressions of the Knight who saved me. And our time together was less than I would have liked. I observed this knight in combat, with myself and with the Lady Feleen and in her actions I saw a belief. A singular belief that no creature, sentient or mundane, has the right to inflict pain or suffering on another creature. Even in self deffense you should be held accountable. Many times she could have dispatched me in my weakened state, for I was grievously wounded by Feleen in her displeasure. I was still a serious threat, and my loyalties lay with my former master who ordered the jedis destruction. Twice I touched her with my saber. And twice she repeled me, in her eyes I saw a longing for justice. She felt the pain i felt for every life i had taken, and the justice she craved was not for them, but for me. She was fighting Feleen to free me, for my redemption."
From within a pouch at his side he removed a saber hilt, still with traces of the force that put it together. Making sure his master was not in the path of the blade, Arythe ignited the saber and a beautiful violet and blue toned blade of light snapped to life. "With a precision I still admire now, with my skills and health rejuvinated, she used this saber to cut my own apart at the base of the emmiter. She flung me aside as if I were a hatchling and leapt into combat with Feleen." As he described in detail the fluidity with which his savior had fought, he moved and parried an unseen foe, jumping to the railing of the bridge and all about, evading an invisible but hard pessing foe. With a final slash he was suddenly still, his photographic memory perfectly recalling the final thrust of Fellens lightsaber into the unknown Knights heart. "It was then she gave me that final bit of advice and destroyed Feleen with her last will. This saber was flung wide when her hand was severed, so I salvaged it and fled in her ship."
"I was just a passenger, the ship was programmed to return here, I was ushered into a med bay and put into a medical coma for surgery and the duration of the flight. I woke in a hospital bed here, and made my way to the temple. Before i left a docter informed me that the ship i as in was identified as property of the jedi temple and was impounded untill it was claimed by someone with the proper authority... this is for you." From a pouch he handed her a small flimsi with the tracking number and location of the craft."i Believe that your greatest strength is also the greatest weakness. Your too willing to die for what you believe in. Thats easy. Living for it... that takes heart." Aryth stood before his master with the flimsi and the sabre, now deactivated, held out to master Gan.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"What was her name?" she asked, deeming that the time was right to learn the identity of the female Jedi. Rasu watched with a pained expression as Arythe relived the terrible scenes that resulted in his arrival to Coruscant. She remained emotionless, only taking a slight step back as the lightsaber was activated and the Fosh leaped up onto the railing, fighting his invisible foes as he spoke of the fate of his saviour. At least he gained some saber experience from his hardships, she thought, trying to bring some positive thoughts into her mind after being tainted by the despair uttered by Arythe recalling his tale.

Rasu was quite taken aback when the Fosh offered her the lightsaber and the authorisation flimsi. Taking the piece of flimsi, she closed the man's hand over the hilt, placing both of her own hands over his own. "I believe she would have wanted you to have it." she said, placing the piece of flimsi in her robe pocket, leaving a mental note to retrieve the transport at a later date. "You're right of course. Wise words indeed Arythe."

@Arythe

Arythe sighed and clutched the saber to his chest before stowing it openly on his belt. It was a mighty gift, and a symbol of her trust in him, to give him a weapon after he confessed his fualt in the death of one of her underlings. "Her name... I believe she introduced herself as Solissa Plo'tal, she was a twii'lek. I am in your debt Master Gan. Ask it and if it is in my power, it shall be done." Aryth longed to begin his training and rid himsef of the ghosts of those who fell beneath him, but while he owed a debt as heavy as the one he owed jedi Plo'tal he would not rest until it was made right.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

At the mention of the woman's name, Rasu's mind became a whirring machine, processing the information suddenly given to her. Placing faces to the name, she still could not identify this unknown Jedi, although it no longer mattered. What mattered is that the Shi'ido had now been given the care of a Jedi prospect, one that was strong in the Force, and one that was gifted enough for another of her Order to have given her life in protection. Something not easily forgotten I assume, she thought, looking down into the eyes of the Fosh.

"Please realise this Arythe, it is Solissa Plo'tal that you are in debt to, not I. All I have done is take on another student, in the hope of raising them to the rank of full Jedi. Please you do not owe me anything, just make sure that you uphold the same tenets that young Solissa did, in her memory." she said, turning and leaving the bridge as she headed to the garden exit. "Come," she said, retrieving the authorisation flimsi from within her robe, "we'll go retrieve the ship, then we can begin your training on Tython."

@[member="Arythe"]

"Well, one can always hope and continue in the footsteps of those greater being who've gone before us. Have no fear in this master, jedi Plo'tal's memory with be wit me until my dieing day."
Arythe stepped off the bridge a few steps behind his new master, a senese of new begiinings in his heart and without many of the worries which had plaged him for the last ive years. Then it struck him, the master had not even seemed surprised at his species, as he trotted behind her he asked" master, are their any fosh here?"

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom