Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Nether Frigates

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmitrii-ustinov-space-titan-correction-2018-v-2.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an enemy combatant vessel for future threads
  • Image Source: Gallery
  • Canon Link: None
  • Permissions: None
  • Primary Source: None
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Frigate
  • Length: 350 meters
  • Width: 72 meters
  • Height: 100 meters
  • Armament: Low
  • Defenses: Low
  • Hangar Space: High: 3
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 3 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: None

FactoryBalance2.JPG
STANDARD FEATURES
  • This ship is missing a lot of what most vessels would consider standard equipment. This is due to the "crew" of the vessel being very unalive and otherwise not needing said things in place or such creature comforts. It has no life support, inertial dampeners, shields, or even basic sensor packages. It comes with a basic armament of a few turbolaser cannons, and defenses being only the hull plating.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Due to the crew of the vessel and the nature of its construction, the only way to actually "kill" one of these ships is to totally destroy it. That means the drive systems completely destroyed, weapons mangled beyond use, and hull torn from stem to stern. This is because if only the weapons become disabled it will resort to ramming enemy ships, regardless of size, or if engines become inoperable it will start shooting its few weapons more rapidly.
  • This ship senses targets and flies through space based purely on the Force due to its formation in the Nether. This allows it to forgo standard tactics and operations such as scanning for targets normally, and instead being able to gun for enemies the moment it enters system. And yes you read that correctly, it has the ability to "jump" into systems through the use of The Force itself by transitioning into and out of the Nether.
  • This ship is more difficult to detect than standard vessels due to its lack of many of the common electronics and powerplants found on other various ships. This disregard for what most would consider basic systems and otherwise standard equipment makes it look unassuming when someone else jumps into system. Which makes it very capable of ambushes.
STRENGTHS
  • Fast Attacker: This ship moves fast and carries with it a sizable complement of fighters. It epitomizes the ambush, first appearing to be assuming debris before snapping to and overwhelming unsuspecting targets. And what's worse is that these ships are never and I mean never alone. Which means when you see one, expect more.
  • Boarder's nightmare: Trying to board this vessel or fend it off from boarding your own vessel is a veritable nightmare of its own. The crew itself are either barely sentient collections of beings warped by the nether, or straight up alien monsters straight out of horror films. They don't go down easy, they are fast, and appear to have a hive mind psyche with others not only from the same ship, but across all ships. And they have a singular goal. Kill, convert, or devour all living things aboard your vessel.
  • Not so much negating stealth as it relies on different senses: Unlike most other ships built across the galaxy, these ships do not rely on conventional methods to either detect targets, move itself or power its weapons. It uses The Force. This means that instead of scanning a system for ships, it can literally feel the teeming lives aboard a vessel, and hunt them down through The Force. It's weapons' power is directly related to the amount of "souls" are still aboard its hulls, and the more damage it takes, obviously the weaker it gets. To put it simply, it just is different.
WEAKNESSES
  • Not a powerful combatant: These ships don't have the greatest amount of guns or armor. That makes them easy to damage and with concentrated fire easy to destroy. Remember to focus weak points first, attack major points of interest, and focus your fire to drive the damage home. Just riddling the ship with holes won't stop it, but if you break their spine and split the ship apart it should kill it.
  • It's greatest strength is its greatest weakness: These ships are built and operate differently but that doesn't make them unable to be fooled or killed. In fact it makes them much easier to manipulate through The Force, especially with more powerful force users. For those who are creative, they can not only easily hide themselves and their comrades, they can get these ships to attack literal phantoms, each other, or for the truly gifted, itself.
  • Basic Tactics: These ships are also crewed by things that are little better than the most basic of combat drones. They chase, and will stay focused on whatever has their attention without outside stimuli. Experienced commanders will be able to pick these ships apart with ease if not at their leisure.
DESCRIPTION

LOG START

Chief Engineer, T+5 Days since mission start

You know, if you would have told me this two weeks ago, I'd have told you you were a loon and kissed you. But now I feel I've seen everything. I've been tasked with how to deal with these.... well we're gonna call 'em ships for now. It was a strange formation that looked as though it was a bunch o' them wrecks just smashed together. That was until we sent a probe aboard, and I dunno what or how, but I think we pissed the ship off. Because no sooner did we spot somethin' in the feeds, than the feed got cut and that.... that thing went active. It started moving about and some littler ships began to pour out of o' the sides. It was strange, because our sensors picked up nothing and I mean nothing from that wreck except that some debris was moving erratically. It doesn't seem to see our ship for some reason, nor our fighters which is kinda weird, but I get the feeling it won't last long. Other probes we sent out into the debris field found more and more of these ships. And I can't help but feeling like one o' them kids in the story where we're in a forbidden grave yard. There's lots of dead debris out here that we don't know if its another one, or if its the hulk of some poor sods who got caught here. For now, I'm going to continue my work.

Alright, killing the log, where's the button on thi-

LOG END

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom