Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Neon Night

Lysa Verse

L
fd64cbcfa1e38043f753522ba9aa8a45.jpg

Coruscant - Mid levels
Club rooftop

Lysa stopped next to the railing, leaning against it, arms crossed while her present company lit his deathstick, taking a few puffs of coloured smoke. The twi'lek was supposed to pay her and her associates a sum of credits for their part in a mixture of moving services and security in the lower levels. Something that wasn't exactly cheap, and seeing as everything arrived on time, she knew that he had the money to pay them, and had been stalling for far too long. She knew damn well how to play this game, and so did her employers.

"Look man" She began, calmly at first. "You and I both know that this little game is a waste of time. It's a reasonable, one time payment, and then we'll be on our way. Making us wait is just a waste of both our time, so why don't you just give me the creds, we'll get ourselves some drinks and part ways friends, sound good?" She might have sounded pleasant, but internally she was just about through with this guy, And her golden eyes glared at him with... less than noble intent.

"Well, Here's the thing though... I don't have the money on me at the moment, and well... I kinda feel like enjoying myself for the evening. Seeing as I know enough about your operation to have the authorities all over your little hangout down there-" The Twi'lek gestures towards the lower levels

"I feel like you're in a place to forgive a little delay, huh?"

"You're a real rat, ya know?" The railing begins to warp under lysa's cybernetic grip, a little gift provided by the rigors of war and the cybernetic limbs hidden under her cape. The twi'lek was either too distracted or too high to notice. Certainly too much of either to make intelligent choices right now, Which might cost him momentarily if she doesn't get her way soon...

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Myrium did not often come to the Core worlds and had never personally been to Coruscant. He was not a stranger to large population centers, but everything on Coruscant was taking him by surprise. The sheer diversity in species, the wide range of languages and cultures all mixed together in one giant melting pot of civilization. On most days, Myrium would have been happy to simply sit back and study the planet itself, learning how the various species and cultures blended together and discovering some new hidden truths. Sadly though, he had come to Coruscant on business rather than leisure.

The Blackguard was growing. A simple thought he had growing up had begun to take shape into an organization larger than he could have ever dreamed. As such, the Blackguard had begun to hire contacts across the galaxy to help them find the location of ancient ruins, stores of relics long forgotten, and to simply pass on rumors of rumors. One of those rumors had been brought to Myrium's own attention, and so he had packed a few belongings and made his way towards Coruscant. Apparently, some underworld boss had gotten his hand on a weapon of some kind, made millennium ago if his bragging was to be believed. Whether it was true or not, Myrium did not like the idea of such a potent weapon to be in the hands of some criminals.

Taking a sip of the glass in his hand, Myrium shifted his weight against the rail, the blade on his back shifting slightly underneath the cloth covering. It had been a bit tricky getting his sword this far undetected, but for what was likely to come, he was glad to have it.

His eyes drifted across the rooftop, landing briefly on Lysa Verse and the Twi'lek near her. He narrowed his eyes slightly as he watched the guard rail began to bend and crumble beneath her grip. He had sensed the presence of another force-sensitive of some strength when he had entered this place, the location the criminal boss tended to frequent the most. He had guessed it might be her, but what he had just seen was something else entirely. Taking another quick sip from the glass in his hand, he took a step back from the railing, the large black trench coat he wore over his similarly black clothing shifting as he turned and began to walk around the railing.

It was time to get moving.

Lysa Verse

L
The twi'lek continues to blow her off at every turn "So what's this weapon I've been hearing about?" He says, ever probing for opportunities, for things to steal and make profit from.
Lysa was nearly through with him. She let's go of the rail and grabs the twi'lek by the wrist

"Ouch! Calm down!"

"No you calm down! you stop playing games, you stop talking about our business, and you calmly walk out of here, calmly get us our money, and then calmly leave the sy-" Her outburst was kept quiet, but she couldn't help feeling that she was being watched. It was as if she could feel the club's patrons on the rooftop, and one of them felt... different. She couldn't exactly pinpoint it, her "senses" brought on by the force were still developing, but they'd do for now.
She looks over her shoulder, noting the presence of patrons, most of them distant in their own little corners of the outside bar. Except for one.

"Were you followed?" She hisses at the Twi'lek.

"Pfft! I'm invisible around these parts. Were.. Were you followed?" It was clear to her that the Twi'lek wasn't going to be any help, and that if she wanted that money, she'd have to resort to violence...
Sadly, he may be right. She'd fought for the empire, gone "Rogue" when it collapsed, maybe some remnant cell wanted her gone? maybe some old enemies from before?

"Lucky for you, I've got new problems.. You'd best get going, I'll catch up later" She let's the twi'lek go and makes her way to the bar counter nearby, Placing a few credits on the counter top, as any good criminal pays in cash only, and waits for her spotchka.

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Myrium had made it halfway around the rooftop when he saw Lysa Verse suddenly turn and grab the wrist of the Twi'lek she was talking with. He caught a brief snippet of their conversation, though only the word '"weapon" stuck out to Myrium. He paused in his tracks briefly, his eyes narrowing as he stared at the two with renewed interest. Smirking slightly, Myrium took a final drink from his glass, downing the liquid in it and smiling at the slight burn in his throat. Taking a final breath, Myrium began walking forward, adding a bit of a wobble to his step. After several 'drunken' steps he bumped into the Twi'lek.

"My apologies sirrrr..." Before the Twi'lek could speak, Myrium's left hand darted inside the man's shirt, gripping the credit chips he had felt when he bumped into the man. In the next instant, Myrium brought one of his feet behind the Twi'lek's legs and gave a gentle push while Myrium leaned forward. With a brief scream, the Twi'lek flung his arms out as he tumbled over the side of the railing, falling a brief distance to the floor below. He landed with a loud thud, dispersing a cluster of patrons. The corner of Myrium's mouth quirked up in a smile as the Twi'lek and the patrons began arguing, though Myrium did not stick around long enough to hear, or get implicated. Luckily, most people did not seem to notice or overly care much.

Making his way over to the bar, Myrium leaned across it, briefly ordering a refill to his Corellian whiskey. Dropping the stack of credits on the bar with a resonating clink, Myrium accepted the drink from the barkeep. He took a quick sip from the glass before putting it down next to the stack of credit chips, turning to look at Lysa. "Would you believe my luck? Seems I found some credits that didn't exist a few seconds ago." He idly tapped the stack of credits, making eye contact with her for a moment. It was not a large stack, a few dozen credit chips of varying worth, but enough to take the interest of most. Hopefully, it would be enough to catch this woman's attention. At the very least, he might be able to ask about the weapon.

Last edited:

Lysa Verse

L
It might have been difficult to make out over the music, but she definitely heard a short scream behind her, followed by a distant thud against durasteel. She turns towards the source only to see a stranger walking away from the scene.
She watches him from the corner of her eye as he orders the ever popular corellian whisky, setting down more credits than it was worth.

"Lucky indeed..." She says, realizing what had just happened.

The bartender sets two glasses down, pouring corellian ale in one, and spotchka in the other.
Lysa picks up her glass the motors in her cybernetic hand buzzing lightly as she swirls the glowing blue liquid before taking a sip.

"Something tells me you're here for more than whisky, Stranger. You've got more than your drink's worth sitting there..
Any plans for the rest?" She chuckles.
Despite the friendly attitude, She was more than a little concerned, seeing as this stranger more than likely just robbed her debtor, and was now speaking with her. She couldn't help but wonder what his game plan was, but she'd be ready if it involved violence here and now.

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Last edited by a moderator:
Myrium let a small smile play across his face, turning and leaning against the bar. Bringing his glass up to his lips, he took a moment to stare into the distance at the Coruscant skyline before downing the contents of the glass. Tilting his head slightly as the friendly burn ran down his throat, he turned his body slightly, one of his elbows resting easily on the bar top. With one finger he pushed the small stack of credits across the small distance between them, before tapping them once more.

"Seeing as it is you who is missing out on some credits tonight if what I hear is right, you should have them. Though, this gift does come with the slightest of attachments." Myrium shifted his weight from one foot to the other, his eyes darting to the side as he spotted strange movement. In a place like this, you could generally expect people to move in certain ways. Dancing in groups, clustering around tables, and moving between said groups. However, three men Myrium had spotted earlier that night were continuing to break the said mold. Two rodians and a human, moving individually around the rooftop, always keeping their eyes on Myrium.

He had been asking a few questions before he ever got to the rooftop, and it seemed that an interested party had decided Myrium needed to be watched. That worked perfectly well for him. If he was being watched, it guaranteed the person he was after was aware of his presence, and if he made enough noise, eventually they would show themselves. But, that was the last resort. It was better to get things down peacefully wherever possible. Saved Myrium the effort and time mostly, but also the nagging guilt he would feel at the end of the day.

"I heard you mention something about a weapon earlier. I would love to learn a bit more. I am certain I can make the information worth their weight in credits." As he spoke, Myrium reached into his trench coat, pulling out a solid platinum credit chip and placing it on the bar. Myrium had made sure to get plenty of credits before he left Eve, the Blackguard account being always open to operatives heading off the station.

Lysa Verse

Lysa Verse

L
Now she understood what was happening, watching the credits slid across the counter while she drinks. Obviously she was a little louder than she meant to be, a mistake that might cost her but at the moment looked as if it'd pay off,
But just when she thought she knew what was up, Another credit chip came, in shiny platinum form.
She holds up the credit chip between two fingers, holding it close and flipping it over a time or two, inspecting it carefully.

"Well, It looks real enough.. I might have an answer or two, but it depends on what kind of questions you're asking"

Looking away from the credits to make eye contact with him, she can't help but glance at a rodian not far away, who seems to watching him. She wasn't sure of his intentions, but she couldn't help feeling that they were both being watched.

"Friend of yours?" She says quietly, glancing away to avoid alerting the rodian and any friends of his that might have escaped her notice.

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

Myrium inclined his head to Lysa Verse as he took another sip from his glass. He placed the glass on the bar as he began to flex his fingers, instinct telling him he would be moving very soon. "Simple questions really. I would just like to know who owns the weapon, and where it is currently located." The words had barely left Myrium's lips when his head jerked to the side slightly. His body was screaming at him to move and take cover, a feeling he trusted greatly. However, given first meetings with this lovely lady, Myrium thought that hiding behind a counter at the first sign of trouble would be a bad idea.

Glancing to the side, Myrium spotted the rodian moving towards them slowly, his actions evidently meant to draw their attention. That likely meant one thing to Myrium. A smile spread across his face as Myrium took a step away from the bar. "Everyone is a friend in this galaxy until they pull a knife on you." In that instant, Myrium spun around, his gloved hands snapping out and grabbing the wrist of another rodian that had been sneaking up on him from behind. With a sharp twist, Myrium forced the rodian to drop the knife in his hand, the blade clattering to the ground.

"Speaking of which..." With his free hand, Myrium brought his fist up into the rodians neck before pushing him backward. The rodians hands flew up to his neck as he tried to breathe against the sudden agonizing pain in his neck, stumbling into the other rodian and distracting him. The noise around Myrium and Lysa died down as everyone turned to look at the scene. Rising up to his full height, Myrium turned back to Lysa, just in time to see another man take a step out of the crowd, a knife in his hand. Folding one hand in his pocket, Myrium pointed with his other at the man attempting to sneak up on Lysa.

"Looks like they are your friends too." Just as he said this though, several other figures began to emerge from the crowd, rushing towards both Myrium and Lysa. Sighing, Myrium brought his fists up, deciding it best not to draw his sword for this fight. No need to create too much of a scene.

Lysa Verse

L
Lysa felt uneasy when the fellow glanced at the rodian, she too internally screamed at herself to move but the thought of dipping out mid meeting like that did not sit well with her. But when myrium suddenly disarmed the rodian, that's when she knew for sure that it was go time. Her first instinct was to run, but as she turned, more unsavory characters came from the crowd.
In a panic, She throws one hand up, sending a wave of energy out and knocking over the first person to approach her, the force of her.. well, force, was enough to throw him a few feet, however it could have been a greater distance had her connection not been lessened by her cybernetic augments.

"Chit!" She backs up, almost back to back with myrium, pulling her cloak away and tossing it to the side, revealing her fully cybernetic arms and a what looked like a lightsaber on her belt, though she didn't draw it, not yet. If this was to be a brawl, than brawl she would.
Her metal fists click as she bring them up defensively. The first ganger unlucky enough to charge alone get's knocked to the ground with an inhumanly quick left hook.

"Well lucky for you, It looks like I'm no longer employed by your weapon's owner..." She hisses, recognizing some of their
assailants from her gang.

Myrium Okar Myrium Okar

"I do not like your idea of what lucky means!" The words had barely left Myrium's lips as he ducked under the wild knife strike of one of the attackers. Grabbing the mans hand with his own, Myrium jerked the blade up and away from him, at the same time extending his foot forward and kicking the mans knee backwards with a little force infused strength. The broken knee coupled with the upward jerking motion sent the man crumbling to the ground.

Turning his head, Myrium had just enough time to turn his cheek slightly to the fist that came flying towards him. Myrium took the glancing blow in step, hiw whole body spinning along the mans arm as Myrium suddenly came up behind him. As he passed around the man, Myrium brought his elbow up and into his foes temple, sending him crashing into a nearby table. With a moment to spare, Myrium turned to see how Lysa Verse was doing, just in time to see her jacket come off and reveal her mechanical arms.

A smile lit up his face as she displayed the force power Myrium had suspected she had. Coupled with her arms, Myrium could barely hold back the laughter he felt coming on. "You have mechanical arms? That's so coo..." The words and smile died on his lips as he was suddenly tackled from the side by two more thugs, the three of them crashing into then over the top of the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom