Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech "Neffok" - Personal EVA armor for Jack Sandrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
male_sci_fi_soldier_01_by_callergi_d5h5njo-414w-2x.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sylva Praesidia
  • Affiliation: Jack Sandrow
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: "Neffok" - Series: SPSV-J2.2.0.00001
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Hardened flora and fungi material (treated and grown to be space-worthy), flora and fungi regenerative components within the armor and beneath the main plating. All this is grown through the Plant Surge Force ability; specific armor or material will get its own submission as necessary.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose - Basic protection + EVA
  • Weight: Average
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Low
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Elemental: High
    • EMP/Ion: Extreme
    • Vacuum: Extreme (space-worthy)
    • Force-powers: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • High resistance to vacuum and elemental energies
  • Entirely immune to any electrical surges that might disrupt standard technology
  • EVA-capable, with small bursts of Force projection allowing it to move in limited capacity in space
  • Against standard weaponry, it is average-to-less-than-average in its durability; taking a few rounds will quickly wreck the protection it offers.
  • As the material itself is Force-imbued to a degree, it is inherently resistant to Force abilities by all except the wearer (Force pull, push, lightning, etc)
  • Heavier than it looks, though still just slightly larger than skin-tight
  • Organic design allows it to self-repair when re-planted with nutrient intake
STRENGTHS
  • Very high resistance to Elemental, EMP/Ion, & Vacuum.
  • Space-worthy
  • EVA-capable - the armor's external surface is hardened against a vacuum, while the squishy interior contains and produces breathable atmosphere for Jack.
  • Self-repairing when re-planted with nutrients
WEAKNESSES
  • Entirely organic design means it is only able to survive in space by sacrificing some of its durability. Against projectile or blaster weaponry, it is middling to weak. Against lightsabers it is entirely useless.
  • The organic repair functions only work when not in vacuum and with nutrient intake. It cannot self-repair in vacuum.
  • Heavier than it appears - it cannot be stowed in a smaller package for transport.
  • Can only be worn and used by Jack Sandrow (or someone similarly skilled with plant-based biotech)
DESCRIPTION
With a spaceship in the works, and a space station to connect to, Jack figured he needed a suit capable of working for EVA. While still a first draft, he took what knowledge he knew of vacuum hardening and biotech, combined with the knowledge he got from studying under Zonama Sekot, and crafted this. Limited durability and capability makes it very focused in its role as an EVA suit, with the side benefit of Jack's biotech being immune to electrical & EMP weaponry. While it might still sustain damage in that regard, its durability and hardened physiology allows for it to resist other elemental weaponry as well. However, its failing in terms of blaster fire or kinetic rounds means it is very much focused in its role as a non-combat EVA suit, not a suit for wading into battle.

The suit's EVA capabilities are thanks to the fact that the armor's external surface is hardened against a vacuum, while the squishy interior contains and produces breathable atmosphere for Jack. Mobility is unfortunately limited to Jack pushing himself around with the Force, but the suit provides a minor bit of assistance with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Jack Sandrow Jack Sandrow

Hi there, I will be the judge for this submission.

So two things.

Firstly do you have any links to anything that make this harden flora and fungi possible, while also being space rated.

Second thing is you are 2 points over balance on this one I need you to lower a rating by 2 or 2 ratings by 1.

Jack Sandrow

I don't have any links to materials; when I had previously submitted, it was judged to be too close to the Force ability Plant Surge. I can add that to the description of the material if that helps.

In addition, I've bumped both Force Powers & Elemental resistances down from Very High to High.

Also, in regards to the other two tech & weapon posts, am I allowed to be under balance? If that's allowed, then I want to keep it as such. These are new biotechnologies, so I don't mind if they're not yet in concert with the scaling of regular tech in the galaxy.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

So my best advice here would be to either sub a plant like material through factory or to say that it is plant matter that has been imbued with plant surge or a form of it.

Excellent thank you for doing that.

Your last question, absolutely it is fine to have subs under ratings as long as you the submitter are fine with it. I just always try to inform incase that was not your intention.

Lastly something that will assist you in the future is to always tag a person back whenever you reply in the way of @(Persons name here) Without the brackets of course.

Jack Sandrow

Added this section to Materials:

• Material: Hardened flora and fungi material (treated and grown to be space-worthy), flora and fungi regenerative components within the armor and beneath the main plating. All this is grown through the Plant Surge Force ability; specific armor or material will get its own submission as necessary.

As for the tech, I'll get to work on subbing more plant materials in the future; one sub always has to be the first one, though, lol

And yes, I will state explicitly when it's under balance.

Also I haven't tagged mods or factory/codex judges in posts because I assume they're always swamped. I can start doing that though!

Ravenfire Ravenfire

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

When it comes to replying to what they have asked you to do, its perfectly fine to ping them, just don't do it multiple times because as you said we are usually swamped. Just add the plant surge page as a link in your primary sources and then this should be fine to be passed through.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins

Now that's out of the way quick thing, force imbuement hasn't ever shown to make anything particularly resistant to the force unless the object is imbued with a power similar to force resist which is quite strong and would be more of a it can assist the user in making that occur.

As for the EVA stuff I would suggest adding a line somewhere about the suit being able to produce oxygen for a limited amount of time as I am aware of multiple types of flora and even several fungi that can produce oxygen from various other chemicals. Just so your clear across the board.

Jack Sandrow

That's valid. I'll edit it to be low Force resistance rating.

Changed, under Resistances:
  • Force-powers: High
to:
  • Force-powers: Low
Added this blurb to Description:

The suit's EVA capabilities are thanks to the fact that the armor's external surface is hardened against a vacuum, while the squishy interior contains and produces breathable atmosphere for Jack. Mobility is unfortunately limited to Jack pushing himself around with the Force, but the suit provides a minor bit of assistance with that.
Ravenfire Ravenfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom