Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED TO KNOW (open to all)

Endor, one year ago….

Excitement roared through the construction crew, all work was stopped immediately. One artifact after another was pull up from the large pit. An anthropologist put up restricted area signs on the construction site. The construction site was now an excavation site.

Naboo, nine months ago.

After three months of testing the, opinions from a team of scientists and religious authorities a report was issued. The details of the report along with the box of artifacts were sent to Governor Blackmoon. No specific conclusions were made. The report stated that the artifacts were old, possible Jedi origins and worth a little due to the alloy and mineral content.

Endor, present day

Lord Cordel was gone, Meret was deeply confused about her obsessions, Emma, Meret’s housekeeper, thought she could help. She dug in her purse and found an old fashion calling card. It was a faded blue, ragged edged with the name Salina Aviner. Emma gave the card to Meret and was very sensitive to her. She suggested that Meret take the artifacts to Aviner to receive answers to her questions. Meret packed her things and placed a wooden carved box that contained a chalice, ornate dagger and a hollow metal cylinder in her bag and nestled it in her clothing.

Naboo

The house was a simple amber colored stone structure on the river outside of Theed. Meret went alone to see Salina Aviner. She dressed as local nothing pretentious. She held the leather bag in her hand as she knocked on the heavy wooden door. An older gentleman answered the door. He was annoyed by the present of another person on his doorstep. "No no no, I can't see the future, you are in the wrong place, go away."

Meret was confused and walked back to the market place and saw colorful tent with a banner. Her footsteps were heavy as they crushed the leaves on the ground. Making a quiet approach to Salina's tent was not an option. She stood in front of the tent and called out "Madame Avinger, Aviner? Emma referred me to you for a session."
@[member="Salina Aviner"]

Salina Aviner

Seeing is believing, but one must see first.
Salina's tent was set and ready within the market place. It helped given how hot the days could be on Naboo and it made things more mysterious, which was one word that did no justice to Salina herself. Still she sat and waited, the sign out front saying "Seeking illumination about the future? Be granted the light through the darkness. One credit per reading." Inside Salina had her amphistaff Xira in hand, who was currently as a serpent. As she pet the creature she was singing a small melody, though given how she sang it was almost like a performance in a show.

@[member="Meret Blackmoon"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_d0iGCwhLo

Meret heard the song and was mesmerized. It was trance inducing but Meret had to keep her wits about her. She did not believe but maybe some answers would be given to her.@[member='Salina Aviner'],

Salina Aviner

When the woman entered Xira hissed, bringing Salina's attention up. Her hood was over her head to it kept her eyes out of sight, though it was also dark in the tent so it would be even harder. Petting Xria's head to calm her Salina asked "Well, well. Who have we here? Seeking a beacon of light for the dark unknown future, ma'am?" This would seem odd that Salina knew it was a woman because, again, she was blind.

Meret entered cautiously. " Yes, I am here for some answers, scientists and religious zealots have failed me. I have three objects of importance and I would like to know..." She paused because it was a lie. The information was important but at that moment Meret needed clarity about her own personal life. " Are these Jedi relics, do they have any preternatural powers?"She took them out of her leather pouch: the wooden box, the granulated gold chalice, ornate dagger and well worn cylinder. Meret sat down on a over stuffed cushion and gazed on Salina's face.
@[member='Salina Aviner'],

Salina Aviner

As each item was placed down Salina simple looked forward, towards Mere. Xira slithered up Salina's sleeve and disappeared from sight before she finally said "Well, an interesting question to ask a fortune teller." She reached out and felt all the objects, feeling every detail with her hands. When she wad finished she said "I could tell you about the history of these items...but perhaps that's not what you're really after, are you Mr. Blackmoon?" She knew this surprised Meret she she'd never told her name, making Salina removed her hood and reveal her eyes, pale blue, to her. "So much of your life as been a constant struggle to find meaning in your life, even with your parents fighting as well. And finally you'd found a chance at happiness with a man....but it is gone. You want to know about Lucien, don't you Meret?"

Meret mouth opened, her jaw dropped, and was taken back for a moment. Lucien could read her thoughts, now this Saline maybe Emma knew too much also “Well, I could lie but that would be a folly. Am I under a spell? Lucien haunts my thoughts. I want him but he may not be good for me. What do you see?” Salina surprised Meret but did pass a test of sorts. She needed to know the truth.

Salina Aviner

"One credit." she said, holding hand out. Once she was paid she said "Hold my hands." When Meret did so Salina took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "You mind tries to banish the memories, but your heart refuses." she began. "One can never agree with the other. The fork in the road lies before you. You must chose to follow your mind or your heart. One will lead to suffer, the other peace. But to know which one is which you will have to take the first step. For at the end of each road a man waits for you. But the man at one end will not be the same as the other. Chose, Meret. Make the choice." When it wad done she took her hands away and said "That is all I can tell."

Her answer gave Meret more questions. Meret pulled out a handful of credits and placed them in Salina’s hand. “If I follow my heart will I be in physical danger or mental danger? This was a waste of time, she wonder why she was participating in such a charade. Curiosity, preparation, a defensive posture? Information is important but what you do with that information is paramount.

Salina Aviner

"That will depend on how you walk the path." Salina said, taking one credit from the pile. "Your actions are what will define everything, both good and bad. But ask yourself, which are you more willing to endure?" She was answering as best she could but still needing to be vague. In her experience telling a person outright what their future would be often lead to more harm than good. The drawbacks of this power she had often annoyed her greatly.

Her advice was well heed. Meret knew she was playing with fire when she was dealing with Lucien. Meret’s thoughts drift as she imagined herself, in finery as a lady in his court. She would be a jewel in his crown. Looking at the other side of the coin Meret knew it would be a wild ride. If Meret followed her head there would be another…”Thank you for your time.”
Meret put another credit on Salina’s table “If I follow my head, be practical, take no chances, the other man will he make me happy?" Meret wondered if she could have her cake and eat it too

Salina Aviner

Salina slowly slid the credit from the table into her hand, as if contemplating an answer to give. "It may. But that will depends on how well you are able to influence is heart and mind. Your choice is like his: one he will need to make in the end."

Meret was calmer and had some sense of clarity. She could now lower her expectations and enjoy her friendship with Lucien but be open for other adventures. “Once again thank you and now I must leave I wish you the best.” Meret took her things and with one last look at Salina she exited the colorful tent.

(Anyone who wants a reading from Salina please enter the tent…)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom