Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with a Ship Sub

Myra

M
So, I'm terrible at writing ships. IDK why but I just kinda am. I'm hoping someone can help me out on this front by working with me to develop an actual good submission rather than the mediocre stuff I could put out.

The goal is to basically sub a unique Kandosii-type Dreadnought or maybe a bigger version of it that would act as the primary war ship and primary habitat for the Mandalorian Clan I'm cooking up (X).

The specifics are this: Needs to be heavily defended, less offense, with the ability to field an incredible amount of fighter squadrons.

Anyone want to help me out?

[member="Akaata'Nast"], is your clan going to be part of the Mandalorian Empire, CIS, or purely independent?

At a glance, for the rough stats of something like that might be the following:
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent:
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link:
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Affiliation:
  • Model:
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Star Destroyer
  • Length: 1500m
  • Width: 570m
  • Height: 990m
  • Armament: Moderate
    Medium Double Turbolasers
  • Point Defense Triple Laser Cannons
  • Super Heavy Concussion Missile Launchers

[*]Defenses: High
[*]Hangar Space: Very High: 14 Squadrons
[*]Hangar Allocations:
  • Starfighters: 10 squadrons
  • Support Craft: 4 squadrons

[*]Maneuverability Rating: Low
[*]Speed Rating: Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
(Provide all of your submission's standard features, including non-combat items, here in a list -or- alternatively simply state 'all standard features'. This includes all features that are common for vessels of this class. Please link to all Factory Submissions used. Links: Starship Weapons, Approved Technology, Shields, Engines)

ADVANCED SYSTEMS

Strengths:
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Weaknesses:
  • (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
Description:
In terms of special systems, if you're affiliated with a major faction (Mandalorian Empire, CIS, etc) a lot of writers there have developed tech submissions that give special abilities that are faction specific. Otherwise, I'd look through the Marketplace and see what people have for sale OR look at tech subs that are labelled as 'open market' in the Approved Technology forum. Wookieepedia is also a good place to look for certain techs or flavor enhancing ideas.

If there's a certain type of tech or ability that you know for sure that you want, I can help you with that, but broadly speaking there is so much out there it makes providing further guidance difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom