Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need opinion on a weapon choice

Hello, peoples! I am looking for opinions both legality in play (if banned) and aesthetics for a weapon I wish to have a character to use.

I recently came upon an article on Wookieepedia about the "lightfoil", a weapon based on lightsaber technology, but used by usually non Forceful nobles of the Tapani sector. They had a hilt and function more akin to Earth's rapiers and fencing blades. If a lightfoil wielder does know Jedi lightsaber forms, they used Form II.

The character I intend to have wield it presents himself as an aristocrat and a collector of Jedi and With artifacts. He is force sensitive, but he is very neutral. Philosophically, he is Gray Jedi. He believes the quibbles between Jedi and Sith are nonsense.

[member="4ND-R0"] The knockoff lightfoils wielded by Saber Rakes are basically lightsabers with crappy focusing crystals. I don't see why you character can't have one when they are made by NFUs. The only thing is that lightfoils are going to have a weaker beam output because of the poor quality of the focusing crystals, so don't expect to be doing things like slicing through armored bulkheads.

Makashi is the form of choice when using lightfoils because the dueling-centric form lends itself well to the one handed rapier inspired design.

Hey folks! So, I probably just need to be linked to a thread where all of accepted weaponry from Star Wars media (both old canon, and new canon). There are a couple character ideas, but I need to know about some technology and what is not allowed to be used in this RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom