Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request Need Darkness to Find the Light

Just checking to see if there's any interest for this story.

In order to get Kay to transition out of her PTSD and back into the Light and helping the vulnerable and innocent in the Galaxy, I figure that she'd need to be faced with the choice to do so. And not just by words, but by actions.

It could be that she's at a planet or station that's being attacked by crimelords or Sith and cornered along with some others. Now if she did nothing, then she'd suffer along with those she's trapped with. But if she chooses to act and fight to save them, then it could be just the thing to get her to be someone that her children could be proud of.

The only people that I know that are available just write lightsiders...lol But I need myself some dark souls, or at the very least just one. Given that she could very well have some political power again in the near future, this could help develop a rivalry for use in future threads.

Anyone available? Just let me know :) Thanks!

Just checking to see if there's any interest for this story.

In order to get Kay to transition out of her PTSD and back into the Light and helping the vulnerable and innocent in the Galaxy, I figure that she'd need to be faced with the choice to do so. And not just by words, but by actions.

It could be that she's at a planet or station that's being attacked by crimelords or Sith and cornered along with some others. Now if she did nothing, then she'd suffer along with those she's trapped with. But if she chooses to act and fight to save them, then it could be just the thing to get her to be someone that her children could be proud of.

The only people that I know that are available just write lightsiders...lol But I need myself some dark souls, or at the very least just one. Given that she could very well have some political power again in the near future, this could help develop a rivalry for use in future threads.

Anyone available? Just let me know :) Thanks!

If that spot hasn't already been filled (either by previous poster or someone in PM's). I could potentially help out there. But I only have one option really (technically three, but one of them I don't really like the character, and the other one may be limited by the faction)

So the one character I do have:

Vash-walker: Recently made character, but fairly long running idea. Another writer had a role he wanted filled which is how I finally decided to bring this guy in. Vash is a bit different then most of my characters cause I do intend to make him much less of an immediate warrior than most of them. He can fight, but he doesn't care about it as much. As a result, he usually uses alternative methods. He prioritizes in alchemy and biology, using them either for more immediate effects (I'm working on a type of sword, a "generator", and may test out a few other idea) or for simply underlings or less common choices.

For example: The character player that I made him for was having his memories manipulated. I intend to make some NPC's for Vash that have had a version of that done on them, either which is imperfect, or which took a lot more time to manufacture. This lets him essentially ensure a loyalty, even if it's not to him directly, and use them to his advantage.

I had intended to make a type of device he'd use on corpses or mindless bodies, that would let him essentially control them (but would require him to focus to do so) allowing him something of an army. The application isn't finished for that, but I did start it. I kind of want it to be a two-part thing, innvolving the generator I mentioned a moment ago. But it's a bit complex so it's...hard to make sure it'll get accepted.

To a more sith-like route there's the use of outright alchemic beasts. Which would be much easier for me to make as I have loads of pictures on pinterest to draw from lol.

There's also the potential use of stuff like chemical weapons.

The main issue I have right now, is that I don't have him in a faction yet. So all his resources would have to be his own. And I just haven't made enough of his equipment yet to be sure I do a good job of that. So if you wanted to do it with him, You'd either have to be really patient with me so I can make (maybe the easiest choice, alchemic beasts) or you'd have to just let me, say, throw in a bunch of brain-wiped thugs?

As far as future rp/rivalry goes. I'd leave that up to you. I don't know what position he'd get if he does join a faction. But I intend to have him continue to run this sort of secret asset conglomeration for awhile as it fits well with what he's trying to do with the player character. He wants resources, so he uses his resources to make more resources to get resources.

So he might, say, invade a small city to try and steal people for experimentation purposes.

Salis Salis

Vash sounds great. Good long term stuff which I just love. Kay has been a test subject herself back in her youth. LordofMayhem LordofMayhem experimented on her to test her healing abilities. (RP'd out many years ago). So of course she'd stop others from being taken for such things.

Vash might also be interested in her own work with various teas. Or perhaps she could use those against him?

For factions you might want to try Eternal Empire. They'd have plenty of resources at his disposal. Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim would probably love having him around too.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury
(Posting with the character now...not that I really needed to tell you that)

Sweet! Then it'd fit right in. I actually almost have a species ready (not an alchemic beast like I originally planned, basically aggressive fodder.) We could use them and just go "Generic armed NPC grunt." Because the beasts are...well too dumb to do anything but attack really. So he'd have to reign them in once he'd sufficiently terrified people, and then tried to send in the grunts to actually capture people. Something like that sound like an interesting idea?

Also yes he might be interested in that, he's definitely the experimental type so while tea was not remotely something he's considered be fore he'd be interested to see what it could do. Or if you want you can see if you can use it against him, I'm not opposed to that either. He's regularly jumping back and forth from genius to fool so honestly anything goes.

I have some characters in that faction actually, I'm not entirely sure if he fits or not yet though. The issue comes with that he's a lot more erratic than the Eternal Empire, but a good deal more evil than the Eclipse Rebellion. Not sure how easy it would be to hide experiments from such a militaristic state while working for them, presumably either as a scientist or a fighter. Might check, there's a writer I'm working on something with after I posted this, depending on if he responds or not and how he does may help decide.

Walker Walker

Could have the beasts attack a market on Alteria/Anarris. I can have Kay there shopping, which would put her right in the thick of things. I have a list of her teas and such linked in my sig, but as I'm on mobile, I can't see if those had been cut or not. Anyways, she could find out who the grunt works for and then invite him to her shoppe where she can try to exact her revenge on him there through her products.

And yeah, he's far too dark for the Eclipse Rebellion...lol Black Sun will probably like him though. Sith Empire too.

Ended up finishing the basic species here. In case you need to see. Since the plan seems mainly to have the attack happen and then go to the grunt instead of straight to a fight, not sure how important it is. And yeah that might work. Not sure exactly how he'd deal with it, guess it'd depend on the tea if he even could at all. So I'd be happy with doing that.

Mmm, Black Sun might work. I'll have to look into that. Sith Empire might also work. I'll probably run through the ups and downs of both and figure it out. Thanks!

Walker Walker

Ooooo... those are aweome! Hopefully they get approved :) Could end up fighting one or more of those and then cone across the grunt :) I'm quite flexible with this sort of thing.

As for the teas, I have one that deadens the force, another that carries a plague, one that heightens the senses, another that heals, one that's like a narcotic and of course there's the Darkside cookies that are infused with the Darkside ;)

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury that works. They're perfect for fodder for players, just tough enough to be useful, just vulnerable enough for players to easily decide where they go with them. I can't do much more today (need to sleep) but we can work on a more specific plan tomorrow. I think mainly it's just that's left is: Who starts it, and if it's more of a quick attempted takeover but intending only to leave after like a day or two, or if it's more like "Jump in, grab a lot, and get out."

In regards to tea: He'd very much not like one that deadens the force. Partially for fear of what it could do to his force sensitive organ (over-use and certain circumstances can cause a dangerous type of disease for his species). He's still very physically capable, but he'd absolutely show some fear. I imagine he wouldn't be as concerned about a plague, since he probably has had to deal with them or something like them personally before, but it would still result in him leaving to figure out the cure before it became to risky. He'd get really excited about one that heightened the senses or heals, cause honestly who wouldn't (and he's easily excitable). Narcotic would probably get mixed reactions, no clue what that does. Darkside cookies...well I don't know what they do exactly lol, so hard to say. But he's very dark sided, so it's probably not...bad for him I guess?

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Yeah I can imagine.

Well the plague and force numbing ones seem the most obvious offensively. If she gave him the plague one and he realized what it was, he'd probably try and make good use of the creatures to try and force her into giving him a cure. keeping them nearby so that if he died, they'd just go crazy. Hoooweever, if she used the force numbing one at the same time it'd severely limit the way he usually interacts with the creatures (telepathically) forcing him to rely on signals, which are way less effective. Not sure they can be mixed, they're your creation, but figured I'd bring that up.

I have no clue what the symptoms are for the Blue Shadow Virus are, i didn't see them on the wookiepedia. Just that they die in 48 hours pretty much.

(Also your list is very convenient, I appreciate not having to look through all of it to figure out which ones do what)

Walker Walker

Force numbing is always a go-to. She created that with specific targets in mind. It's all to protect herself. And of course she has the cure for the Blue Shadow Virus one :) Perfect for blackmailing her enemies.

As for the symptoms...I didn't see anything either. So we have free reign to make it up ourselves. It could even affect a variety of species differently.

Well biologically, aside from the force sensitive organ, he's mostly just a really fit, but mentally messed up, human (the fitness is partially due to the organs effects, but more lasting).

So, if we don't know for sure what it is, should we have it be like...developing coughing that gets closer to outright choking, weariness getting to dizziness, maybe that part caused by troubled breathing or the body stopped digesting food the way it should so it isn't getting any energy anymore?

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Something like that might work. Well I guess it's now a matter of starting the thread. Would you rather set it up, and then I have the people come in, or should I sort of set it up with them on their way.

I don't have any submissions for the gangsters though, so you can really just treat them however you want once we get it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom