Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Neebray-class Cargo Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
121024542f4b2c8abdc370486d427ad1.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Concord Specialized Technology
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Model: Neebray-class Cargo Frigate
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Cargo Frigate, Carrier (“Unintended” role)
  • Length: 275 m
  • Width: 70 m
  • Height: 50 m
  • Armament: Low (12x Quad laser turrets, 4x Quad heavy laser turrets)
  • Defenses: Average (Durasteel plating, Standard shielding)
  • Hangar Space: Very High: 3
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 2 squadrons (Usually cargo space)
    • Support Craft: 1 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Low
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
  • 3x Ion tubines
  • 2x Ion-jet engines
  • 12x Quad laser turrets
  • 4x Quad heavy laser turrets
  • Durasteel plating
  • Standard shielding
  • Standard sensors package
  • Hanger/Cargo Bay
  • Exterior cargo docks
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Central A.I. (Pron to gaining a personality like most CST Droid and A.I. tech)
STRENGTHS
  • Large cargo space.
  • Defensive armament.
  • Shared hanger and cargo area allows for quick loading and unloading.
  • Easily modified.
  • Central A.I. lowers crew requirement.
WEAKNESSES
  • Slow and unwieldy.
  • Shared cargo and hanger space can limit the kinds of cargo that can be hauled at times.
  • Smaller cargo capacity then similar vessels.
  • Some buyers will hate that the A.I. can gain a personality.
DESCRIPTION
The Neebray-class Cargo Frigate is another addition to Concord Specialized Technologies recent push into the civilian market. Designed to operate in rougher regions of space, the freighter is armed with multiple quad laser and quad particle cannon turrets. This surprising armament is often enough to deter pirates, and take care of any that are brave enough to try and take this vessel. The key feature of the ship though isn’t the armament though.

The cargo and hanger bay are one-in-the-same on this vessel, granting it an interesting feature that many ships its size lack. While this allows the Neebray-class to protect it’s cargo more effectively by hiding it within the hull, it also allows the cargo frigate to carry smaller light freighters or container haulers to assist with loading and off loading. This also allows it to carry fighter craft for delivery, though it lacks the needed fueling equipment to support as a true carrier. This hasn’t stopped groups from using them as carriers though, and aftermarket fueling upgrades do exist, including from CST.

Like other recent CST civilian starships, some questions have been raised as to whether or not the cargo frigate was misclassed, most notably do to it’s combination of hanger and cargo space allow for it to make a suitable carrier, and groups pushing it into such services. While engineers have insisted that the vessel is a cargo ship, and combines the cargo bay and hanger to make loading and off loading easier, some still aren’t sure, and some governments may classify the ship as a full combat carrier.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
I'm a little leery on approving a submission with a mass-produced AI component that doesn't have a sub, but as this is basically Alexa with a few extras, I'll allow it.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom