Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved Necromancy en masse and elite

So I've honestly wanted necromancy stuff for awhile now but never really pushed to do it mostly cause I wasn't sure how it may work submission wise. I'm working on some details but trying to figure out how they would work.

Here's some of the basics:
I do want to make a sort of 'standard' zombie ritual that works kind of like nightsister one in clone wars series. This would likely just be done through an alchemical weapon though, so I imagine I can just do that one through there. Lose the weapon, ritual drops instantly. Lose consciously, drops. Lose force connection, drops. That sort of thing. Imagine maybe that one isn't a huge problem. I do expect to use it on just whatever corpses are available and to balance it can have an addendum like "Can't re-use any corpses already touched by necromancy through this."

Advanced corpses:

For the most part, I really don't think these would be all that special. They'd lose the requirement to breath or eat and such, but be wholly reliant on the force as a result to even exist and not just turn into a regular old corpse again. These would be ritual based and most likely mostly be npc or unit submissions. But they'd have some base traits like the no need to breath and eat, higher durability, but very little intelligence even if the creature they were made from might have been fully sapient. And are entirely incapable of healing on their own. As well as struggle with knowing what to do if they do lose a limb unless explicitly told again. At best they can get semi-intelligent. Use weapons, obey specific commands, but can't really think for themselves. Have to be given all their objectives. Some have to sense through basically a weak force sight if their eyeballs have already decayed too far. This would explain why they can see, but also make it so the right force powers or objects can still trick them.

I'm mostly trying to see if I need to make specific species submissions for those, and THEN turn them into npc's. Or if I could make just one or the other. I do want at least one or two to be really fancy and have force powers or something attached to them, but they'd be submitted like an elite unit where I can specify stuff like strengths and weaknesses. So I'm not really sure a species submission makes much sense when I could just link "Zombie" and get into the details in the unit/npc portion.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to make the problem I'm having clear. Just want to know if I need multiple submissions, or even any submissions, for some of this.

Firstly, Codex and Factory are optional.

Unless you're moving into a PVP scenario or really going against the grain it's not always necessary. If you want Codex and Factory submissions to add color and flavor to what you're hoping to achieve then that's a different story, but, bear in mind that you don't have to. Some people have written here for years without touching on submissions at all. This isn't meant to discourage you but to offer perspective.

For the Ritual Weapon:

That'd be Factory IF you want to sub it...You can balance out the "object" used in the ritual in a million ways. Perhaps it's fragile, needs to recharge, or is bound to the one who made it. It could be made for multiple purposes to facilitate other ideas you might have.

For the Zombie/Necromancy Concept:

Heck ya. No worries, it's already a thing in Canon. You can use Canon works in your writing too. Unless there are significant changes there's no need to resubmit it unless you want to. Not to be too simplistic but you're essentially making a form of undead Sithspawn with added limitations to fit the vibe. That's perfectly fine. We know that Zombie's or Zombie-like entities already exist in Star Wars through a few different mediums (Blackwing for example and the Murakami Black Orchid) and connect through the Force. Dathomir "Magic" is really just the Force by another utilization and name so you're already on the right track.

Species versus NPC is a tough choice, however, it's mostly up to you. Again - It all hinges on whether you want to submit or if you're just utilizing them as canon set pieces for your writing. No one is going to question Zombie's popping up in a thread, unless, you're raising legions in PVP against another writer. But if you want to submit them: If you were just making a few unique zombies I would suggest NPC Submissions but if it's going to be a reoccurring theme you might want to consider a Species that you can draw from and create NPC's (units or otherwise) on the fly.

It's really up to you.

Firstly, Codex and Factory are optional.

Unless you're moving into a PVP scenario or really going against the grain it's not always necessary. If you want Codex and Factory submissions to add color and flavor to what you're hoping to achieve then that's a different story, but, bear in mind that you don't have to. Some people have written here for years without touching on submissions at all. This isn't meant to discourage you but to offer perspective.

For the Ritual Weapon:

That'd be Factory IF you want to sub it...You can balance out the "object" used in the ritual in a million ways. Perhaps it's fragile, needs to recharge, or is bound to the one who made it. It could be made for multiple purposes to facilitate other ideas you might have.

For the Zombie/Necromancy Concept:

Heck ya. No worries, it's already a thing in Canon. You can use Canon works in your writing too. Unless there are significant changes there's no need to resubmit it unless you want to. Not to be too simplistic but you're essentially making a form of undead Sithspawn with added limitations to fit the vibe. That's perfectly fine. We know that Zombie's or Zombie-like entities already exist in Star Wars through a few different mediums (Blackwing for example and the Murakami Black Orchid) and connect through the Force. Dathomir "Magic" is really just the Force by another utilization and name so you're already on the right track.

Species versus NPC is a tough choice, however, it's mostly up to you. Again - It all hinges on whether you want to submit or if you're just utilizing them as canon set pieces for your writing. No one is going to question Zombie's popping up in a thread, unless, you're raising legions in PVP against another writer. But if you want to submit them: If you were just making a few unique zombies I would suggest NPC Submissions but if it's going to be a reoccurring theme you might want to consider a Species that you can draw from and create NPC's (units or otherwise) on the fly.

It's really up to you.
This response is greatly appreciated and really clears up a lot! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom