Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Naval Command Systems Control - IMP-NavCos I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
screenshot_2015-03-08_12_15_15_105520.jpg

Image Source: https://barithorswtor.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/screenshot_2015-03-08_12_15_15_105520.jpg
Intent: To create a networked command system to regulate, command, and manage all electronic systems aboard an Imperial Navy vessel.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Imperial Remnant
Model: IMP-NavCos I
Affiliation: Imperial Remnant/Imperial Navy
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced

Material: Durasteel, Glass, Computer Parts

Strengths:
[1] High Processing Power
[2] Automatic Backup
[3] Failsafe Electronic System Terminal

Weaknesses:
[1] Highly Vulnerable to Slicers
[2] Manual Use, No AI System
[3] High Maintenance Equipment
[4] Strict Compatibility

Description: The Naval Command Systems Control is a computer terminal designed for combat and non-combat vessels, to run and maintain electronic systems on the ship. The IMP-NavCos I will administer the following systems on any ship it is installed on; Life Support, Navigation, Damage Control, Communications, Sensors, and Thrusters. Using its networked design, once the terminal is installed, it can serve not only as a systems override, and backup terminal, but also increases connectivity and computational speed aboard onship terminals, due to its fast processors. It can also be used to fix bugs in certain systems aboard the vessel from the terminal, if the system in question's terminal is inaccessible.

But there are drawbacks to an all inclusive network processing through Imperial Ship systems, if a Slicer gains access to the main terminal, or finds a access port aboard the vessel, the firewall installed is weak enough to be bypassed by most experienced slicers, essentially giving them override control of all ship systems unless the actual terminal that holds the IMP-NavCos I is disabled or destroyed. To prevent droid and other non-organic sentient rebellion or dissent, there are no AI or automatic processes installed in the software inside the computer terminal, so all operations are manual, whilst this diminishes the small chance of droid take over, it makes the overall output of the terminal slower. Finally, the terminal requires heavy maintenance due to corners cut to save money, and, for the same reasoning, the systems control only works with Imperial systems, due to its design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom