Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Naraka II Suppression Worksuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOSHED-2020-10-15-19-29-51.gif

THE NARAKA II SUPPRESSION WORKSUIT

ImmediacModel10-MFOWM.png
Oh that is it, McManus! Front and centre! This is the last time you’ve decided to tool with me!”
- Captain Erskine Astor
Warden of Cellblock #4, Nova Avalonia industrial zone.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a nightmare fuel dystopian machine. Also for Halloween.
  • Image Source: Wookieepedia [x], but edited by the lovely Zef Halo Zef Halo
  • Canon Link: Linked within submission.
  • Permissions: None.
  • Primary Source: Materials lifted from the PC-1 Auxiliary Armour [x] and the Naraka I Automated Worksuit [x]
Bite me! You big dumb bastard!”
-Irvin McManus, Subject One of Project Naraka

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Manufacturer: Prefsbelt Command (The New Imperial Order [x])
  • Affiliation: Prefesbelt Command and by extension the New Imperial Order [x].
  • Model: The Naraka II Model Suppression Worksuit.
  • Modularity: Yes. Cybernetic reinforcements can be added dependent on limb loss. Can also be modified to fit the user depending on their physiology.
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material:
    • Flex-Armour, Environmental/ Vacuum/ Compression - sealed Armourweave [x]
    • Duravlex Insulation [x]
    • Integrated Shockpadding
    • EMP/Ion Resistant Materials
    • Fire Retardant Textiles
    • Military-grade Electronics [Exo-Skeleton/Comms Unit]
    • Lightweight Carbon-Nanofilament Exo-Skeleton [x]
Data Log 4, project Naraka II, day thirteen. We have received our first subject. Subject one. Subject is male, approximately five foot, ten, and eighty kilograms. Proceeding with insertion procedure in front of cellblock three in line of Captain Astors request.”
-Dr Kramer Hall, Project Naraka II Research Lead
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Fifth Degree
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Height: Dependant on ‘Particapant’ but typically 6’0 even.
  • Movement: Bipedal
  • Armaments: None inbuilt.
  • Misc. Equipment: Contains inbuilt, sensor, scanner and receiver for a Central Control Processor, and droid brain for fine motor control.
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: Very Low
    • Other: Average
Wait, wait, what are you doing?! Get that thing away from me! Argh!”
-Audio Excerpt from Data Log 4, Day 13 of Project Naraka II

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Exo-Skeletal Structure: While most exo-skeletons don’t require a wearer, the Naraka I actually needs one. The Exo-Skeletal Structure needs a body to form around and keep in place.
  • Central Control Processor [x]: The Naraka I requires a droid central control computer to operate. Given these units are deployed en masse for industrial purposes, a centralised computing system is necessary to provide instruction and metadata.
  • IFF Transponder: Kept in the spine of the suit is an IFF transponder used by security and workers alike to keep track of the ‘passengers’ and be able to address them appropriately.
  • Neural Suppression: The way the Naraka II works is to take a ‘participant’ and drill into the back of their skull. Tentacles then dig into the brain matter and suppress independent movement and vocal processors of the brain.
“Subject One shows experiencing extreme levels of muscle torsion and strain. Captain this level of strain is typically shown after weeks of labour. This is only thirty six hours in. Shall we continue the test?”
-Audio Excerpt from Data Log 2, Day 15 of Project Naraka II
STRENGTHS
  • United Labour: No better workers exist than ones which; 1, don’t talk back. 2, work in surprising unison and efficiency.
  • Ad Hoc Combatants: The Naraka II while not designed for combat situations, does have protocols in case of attack to take arms and defend facilities.
  • Propaganda Value: The Naraka II is designed to be a tool of terror in Prefsbelt IV’s large population of prisoner labourers. Those who’ve been condemned to a fate inside the suit, are done so in full view of co-conspirators or prisoners to inflict a sense of fear.

Yes. Make the whelp do the full ninety six. You gotta believe me doc, once those smart mouth mongrels see what we’ve done to the class clown, they’re gonna be quiet as the grave.”
-Audio Excerpt from Data Log 2, Day 15 of Project Naraka II

WEAKNESSES

• Participant Required: Plainly put, for the Naraka II to work, it requires a body or crippled individual to operate.
  • Solid Disguise: While countermeasures such as an IFF transponder have been added to ensure security, the Naraka I still remains a security risk. The visor is tinted heavily to disguise the ‘passenger’, and control of the suit can easily be wrested from the exo-skeleton.
  • Permanent Damage: Although not a primary objective of the Naraka II, use of it has seen some ‘participants’ permanently paralysed, or had their mental capacity diminished.
By the Force! My legs! I can’t feel my legs!”
-Audio Excerpt from Data Log 5, Day 17 of Project Naraka II

DESCRIPTION
The Naraka I armour was designed as a tool to keep prisoners in check, in the knowledge that their deaths would not matter in the long run and servitude to Prefsbelt Command was eternal. And while this broke the spirits of some, it nevertheless galvanised others into action. Action that is ultimately detrimental to a regime that prides itself on a machine like discipline amongst its workforce. Ergo, the Naraka II armour, modified specifically to house dissidents. The first test subject was one Irvin McManus, a particularly troublesome pirate from Er’kit whose smart mouth regularly drew the ire of his overseer.

McManus became a test subject and an example to his peers. Immediately upon being inserted into the suit, a blade made a tight incision in the back of his head, before inserting wires into his brain to inhibit movement and speech. Such functions would be overtaken, by the exoskeleton of the Naraka II. The suit would then, hitched to a central droid control system then labour for Prefsbelt Command, performing manual work and limited technical work. Often for days at a time, all the while the ‘participant’ inside is awake, with no painkillers to aid with the aching or intrusion in the back of their head.

There are detriments to it. In most cases those put inside suffer some form of physical damage. Be it becoming quadriplegics, permanent brain damage or the loss of some faculties including but not limited to; sight, hearing, smell and memory. There is also of course the fact that in approximately sixteen percent of those put in the suits, they do in fact perish inside. But as a force of terror, the Naraka II excels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom